|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Shield of Arrav|
• The Knight's Sword
• Defender of Varrock
• While Guthix Sleeps
• Missing My Mummy
• The Lost Tribe
• Dimension of Disaster: Defender of Varrock
• You Are It
• Desperate Times
|Location(s)||Varrock Palace library|
|Examine||Reldo the librarian.|
|NPC ID||2660, 2661, 20835, 21328|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Reldo Trimmly is the librarian of Varrock Palace. He is 28 years old, meaning he was born in year 141 or 142 of the Fifth Age. His library is located at the north-western corner of the castle, in the room to the right of the tower. He researches ancient tomes for Lores and Histories about RuneScape, having written at least one of them himself. Despite his relative youth, he is considered one of Gielinor's most learned humans. He has at least one apprentice.
During Return to Canifis[edit | edit source]
Reldo makes a minor appearance during the course of the novel as the apprentice to the Varrock Librarian at the time. At the time, he was involved in a project of creating a new indexing system to better organise the books held within the library's shelves. He later escorted the Misthalin Embassy to Paterdomus in order to help administer The Blood Mark to protect the embassy throughout their mission into Morytania. It is revealed that Reldo has an amazing memory, able to cite anything he has ever read with ease, although he has trouble recalling images. Although he has demonstrated many times his adeptness at his job, he never gained the full respect or trust of his mentor.
During Legacy of Blood[edit | edit source]
During the novel, Papelford was sacked as archivist for the Society of Owls for making constant errors and being uncooperative, and was replaced by Reldo. With this, he gains access to Papelford's personal vaults, in which he discovered a ritual blessing formerly practised by kings of Varrock to strengthen the Salve.
Archaeology[edit | edit source]
When you gain access to The Everlight Digsite at level 42 Archaeology, Reldo will ask for a Dominarian device but this will require at least 84 Archaeology. When you give the device to Reldo he will give you Andvaranaut which unlocks the Sticky Fingers relic power.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Reldo will no longer lean too far forward when talking about the Tail of Two Cats quest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Reldo gets questions in almost every Postbag from the Hedge.
- He claims he was the one who taught King Roald to read, although this is almost certainly false.
- According to the God letters he cannot get much done in the library because Zamorak is always arranging 'accidents' for him, when bored.
- Reldo speaks about Gar'rth, from the RuneScape novel Return to Canifis. He mentions Gar'rth's "secret" but doesn't reveal any other information about what events occurred.
- Reldo is one of the possible people requiring identification in order to obtain the enchanted egg in Recipe for Disaster/Freeing the Lumbridge Sage.
- When you talk to him, he appears scared to see your character although he shows no sort of frightened expression in the sentences. This has yet to be fixed.
- At the time of the Varrock Census in Year 160, Fifth Age, his occupation was listed as "Assistant Librarian".
|Papelford||Librarian and archivist in Varrock Palace||Incumbent|