|Release date||29 May 2007 (Update)|
|Sells items||Completionist cape (5,000,000 coins)|
|Examine||This man guards the workman's entrance. / This man guards the entrance to the Museum's cleaning area. / This man watches the workmen. / He seems to have been hired to guard just this one display!|
|NPC ID||4405, 5941, 5942, 5943|
|Links||MRND4405 MRND5941 MRND5942 MRND5943|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Recently, the Museum received a massive donation from the government of Varrock. With this money they renovated the museum, obtaining new exhibits, building new floors, recruiting new workers and archaeologists, and increasing advertising. The museum guards are amongst the museum's new workers.
The museum guards have been hired to peacefully manage and inform visitors to the museum. They guard four areas; the entrance to the archaeological cleaning centre in the museum, the museum's back entrance, the path leading to the Varrock Dig Site, and the exhibit of the Completionist cape on the top floor of the museum. Players can gain permission to pass through the first two by working in the museum.
The guard that stands next to the Completionist cape explains to the player the cape's history. The player can attempt to try on the cape, but unless they have the required skills, they will be forced backwards in a cloud of smoke, and in the chat is the listed requirements to own and wear the cape.
The guard just west of the Archaeologist's workbench at the Varrock Dig Site is standing next to a cart where players can donate artefacts for 40% of the amount of chronotes (rounded down) as opposed to when the player would trade the artefact in at a collector. The cart donation to the Varrock Museum has no restrictions though and will accept any artefact in any quantity.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 June 2020 (Update):
- The examine option for the museum guard where the Varrock east fence used to be has been updated.
- ninja 6 October 2014 (Update):
- After many years of guarding the gate east of Varrock so that only workmen can pass through; the Museum Guard is now allowing adventurers to do so too.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Varrock Dig Site was updated on 20 May 2019, a workman would occasionally pass through the Dig Site gate and through the museum's back entrance, pushing a wheelbarrow of rock samples.