|Release date||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Also called||Magic Guild|
|No. of stores/banks||2 stores|
|Required level||66 Magic|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Wizards' Guild has a number of useful things for those interested in Magic. It is located in Yanille, and requires level 66 Magic to enter (if the player does not have the required level, Wizard Distentor would say the magic level is "unsafe" for them). Boosts can be used to enter. The Wizards' Guild was founded by Jack in the First Age and is as such the oldest known institute of magic on Gielinor. However, the guild has changed immensely over the course of millennia and is very likely to have been destroyed, rebuilt or otherwise changed many times. The guild seems to have a sort of friendly rivalry with the Misthalanian Wizards' Tower, most evident during the Christmas banquet of 169.
Transportation[edit | edit source]
Players can reach the guild by going to Yanille. Besides walking, there are several fast-transport means to the area near Yanille:
- Home teleport to Yanille lodestone (if activated). On 28 August 2018, a part of the fence was removed and a path to the Wizards' Guild's west entrance was added, making it easier to enter from this direction.
- Fairy ring code CIQ. This arrives a bit north of the city's western gate near the Lodestone.
- A chipped Yanille tablet, or the House Teleport itself for players with a player-owned house in Yanille.
- Watchtower teleports (including the spell itself, a teletab, or a Yanille portal in a player-owned house.) These can either arrive at the Watchtower, just outside the city walls, or just north of the pet shop if players have completed the hard Ardougne achievements.)
- Castle Wars teleport, which is just south-west of Yanille, using the duelling ring.
Features[edit | edit source]
Ground floor[UK]1st floor[US][edit | edit source]
Wizard Distentor is the guildmaster. He can teleport players to the Rune Essence mine. He's the closest one to the bank of any rune essence teleporter. However, for those that do not meet the level 66 requirement to enter the guild, using Aubury in Varrock and Varrock's east bank is the next fastest. Wizard Distentor wears lighter blue robes than other wizards, helping him stand out like Zavistic Rarve.
There are also two attackable wizards.
1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US][edit | edit source]
Zavistic Rarve is involved in quests such as The Hand in the Sand and Zogre Flesh Eaters. If players cannot get in to talk to him, they can ring the bell just outside the guild's front door to call him. He wears special robes that make him stand out.
Wizard Guild's Magic Robe Store[edit | edit source]
The Robe Store Owner sells a variety of mystic equipment, as well as stones of binding used to produce tectonic armour. He also sells the Magic Cape of Achievement for 99,000 coins to players with level 99 Magic.
Wizard Guild's Rune Store[edit | edit source]
2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US][edit | edit source]
The 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] contains three magic portals.
- The east portal teleports to the Wizards' Tower (south of Draynor Village).
- The south portal teleports to the Dark Wizards' Tower (west of Falador).
- The west portal teleports to Thormac's Sorcerer's Tower (south of Seers' Village).
The magic portals are one-way teleportation devices. There are no portals at the destinations to return players to the Wizards' Guild.
Basement[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Removed a part of the fence and added a path into the Wizards' Guild's west entrance.
- A few tiles in the Wizards Guild have had unnecessary blocking removed from them.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- The render order of some posts near the Wizard's Guild in Yanille was causing graphical problems.
- update 26 January 2005 (Update):
- A shop with mystic robes has been added to the Wizard's Guild.
- In other news, the Magic Guild in Yanille has recently received a shipment of new Mystic Robes!
- Like most robes, they offer no resistence to physical attacks, but will enhance the magical abilities of their wearer.
References[edit | edit source]