Egil is a dwarf that works at the Artisans' Workshop in Falador and runs the Artisans' Workshop Reward Shop.
Egil has an identical twin cousin named Lige Tonweight, who may appear whenever a player finishes smithing any item in the workshop to give out a ceremonial sword design.
Players who have finished working on their ceremonial swords may turn in the plans to Egil manually to receive the experience for it.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 20 September 2021 (Update):
- Dwarf, Golden, and Royale Multicannons have been converted from four pieces into singular items.
- Any Multicannons you own will be automatically converted on next log-in.
- If you don't have enough space in your Bank or Backpack, converted Multicannons can be reclaimed from Egil at the Artisans' Workshop.
- If you have any Multicannon Parts left over from the Grand Exchange, you can convert them by talking to Egil at the Artisans' Workshop.
- Multicannons can now be used on Egil to initate the Multicannon exchange process.
- Egil has had his chat flow improved.
- 26 July 2021 (Update):
- Option "Talk-to" has been renamed to "Talk to".
- A "Change cannon" option has been added to Egil.
- patch 23 November 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where Egil could be spawned multiple times without being removed.
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- An issue where newly obtained ceremonial sword plans would retain previous progress has once again been fixed.
- ninja 6 April 2020 (Update):
- Ceremonial sword plans will no longer retain the progress of previous plans. The first plan you receive after this update may still have some leftovers on it, but every other one will be brand-new.
- patch 9 March 2020 (Update):
- Egil will no longer interrupt players with his ceremonial sword plans while they're smithing. Instead, he'll now wait for the player to speak to him to receive plans, before disappearing shortly afterwards.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Fixed some issues with the previous, now cosmetic, rework armours which can be obtained from Egil.