Egil is a dwarf that works at the Artisans' Workshop in Falador and runs the Artisans' Workshop Reward Shop. Whenever the player finishes smithing any item in the workshop (including burial equipment), they have a chance of receiving a ceremonial sword design from him. Egil will appear and the player must talk to Egil to claim the sword design after which he will disappear again.
Players who have finished working on their ceremonial swords may turn in the plans manually to receive the experience for it.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- An issue where newly obtained ceremonial sword plans would retain previous progress has once again been fixed.
- ninja 6 April 2020 (Update):
- Ceremonial sword plans will no longer retain the progress of previous plans. The first plan you receive after this update may still have some leftovers on it, but every other one will be brand-new.
- patch 9 March 2020 (Update):
- Egil will no longer interrupt players with his ceremonial sword plans while they're smithing. Instead, he'll now wait for the player to speak to him to receive plans, before disappearing shortly afterwards.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Fixed some issues with the previous, now cosmetic, rework armours which can be obtained from Egil.