Sophanem Slayer Dungeon
|Sophanem Slayer Dungeon|
|Release date||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|Main music||Corruption Slayer|
|Strongest monster||The Magister (level 899)|
|Connected quests||Icthlarin's Little Helper|
|Inhabitants||Corrupted creatures, Soul devourers|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Sophanem Slayer Dungeon is a Slayer Dungeon located in south-west Sophanem. Entering and killing monsters within the dungeon requires level 88 Slayer and partial completion of Icthlarin's Little Helper.
Access[edit | edit source]
The dungeon can be easily reached through the following methods:
- The fastest method is to use a Sophanem Slayer Dungeon teleport tablet. The ability to craft them is gained upon reaching rank 4 with any of the Menaphos factions.
- Use the Menaphos Lodestone, go through the gate connecting the two cities, and run south-east. Using this method requires completion of Contact!.
- Teleport to the Luminous wisp colony south of Sophanem via the full Elder divination outfit or a skill portal in the Max garden and head north.
- Teleport to the Pyramid Plunder entrance in north Sophanem via the full Master camouflage outfit and head south.
- Take a magic carpet flight to Sophanem. Upon arrival, run south and the enter the gate.
Features[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
The dungeon has several features, including signature drops which are shared by the common monsters:
- Corrupted magic logs - tainted magic logs, these can be fletched for more Fletching experience (nothing is created from it), or burned for Firemaking experience.
- Vital spark - used to create several unique ability codices.
- Key to the Crossing - a special key which allows players to battle the Magister.
- Corrupted gem - a gem that can be combined with a mighty slayer helmet to create a corrupted slayer helmet, a tier 80 helmet (in addition to 1000 slayer points).
- Khopesh of the Kharidian - Tier 82 main-hand melee weapon that can be upgraded using the Magister's drops to the tier 92 Khopesh of Tumeken. The off-hand is obtained in Shifting Tombs and can also be upgraded using the Magister's drops to the tier 92 Khopesh of Elidinis.
Corruption[edit | edit source]
Because these monsters border between life and death, they can only be killed for good with feathers of Ma'at. These feathers must be carried in the player's inventory, or they will be unable to kill the monsters, similar to fighting rock slugs without a bag of salt or salt shaker. One is consumed for each kill, unless the player has unlocked the overall reputation reward slayer feather buff at 141,900 reputation, which has a chance of preventing the feather from being consumed. They can be obtained from multiple sources, but they are generally obtained in bulk from the menaphite guard posted outside the dungeon.
When the monsters are killed, they will leak corruption onto the player in various stacks. They are given in 1, 2, 3, and 5% intervals, depending on the monster's slayer level and type. For example, killing corrupted scorpions or salawa akhs (the weakest monster in their respective category) would add 1% to the player's stack. Killing corrupted workers or imperial guard akhs (the strongest in their respective category) would add 5% to the player's stack. For every stack obtained, the player takes and inflicts 1% additional damage. The normal maximum cap of this corruption is at 25%. The Magister's chamber also shares the corruption feature, though the corruption cap is temporarily doubled to 50% when fighting him; upon his death, it resets back to 25%.
Chest[edit | edit source]
The Sophanem Slayer Dungeon also has multiple chests throughout the dungeon; one at the entrance, another near the salawa akhs and a final one near the First Gate. The chest will automatically gather drops from the monsters, reducing the need to manage the inventory during a task. Players may opt to disable the auto-loot feature if desired. If this feature is disabled, there is a 20% chance for monster drops to be doubled. This bonus applies to regular monster drops as well as Rare drop table drops; tertiary drops, with exception of vital sparks, will not get doubled. If the player dies with loot collected in the chest, they can either pay a small fee based on the total value of the items held inside to reclaim them, or abandon the chest and start anew; it is recommended to simply pay the fee, as it is generally insignificant to the value of the items held in the chest.
The reclaim fee does not apply if the player dies with a ring of death equipped in the main dungeon, or in the Magister's chamber, as it functions differently and is considered to be a separate location.
The chest can hold up to 30 different items at most; any new items that the chest tries to take in for storage is instead dropped by the monster onto the ground.
Font of Elidinis[edit | edit source]
In the corrupted worker, feline and crocodile akh areas are Fonts of Elidinis which will remove all corruption stacks the player has accumulated. There is no cooldown when using the font, although removing corruption stacks is strongly discouraged.
Once aligned with a faction, players can gain reputation from killing the monsters in the dungeon. The stronger the monster, the more reputation is awarded. If killing the monsters on a slayer task, the reputation gained from killing them is doubled.
[edit | edit source]
Inside the dungeon there are two pairs of tunnel entrances which allow teleportation between them in a pairwise manner. Before they can be used they each need to be activated by using the 'Clear Heavy rock' action on the end of the tunnel that is further away from the entrance. After being activated they are called 'Chasm'.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
There are twelve different types of monsters in the dungeon; six are labelled as "corrupted", while the remaining six are labelled as "akh" (soul devourer). Both types are a possible assignment from Kuradal, Morvran, Sumona, or Laniakea, though Sumona has the highest chance to assign them. Some monsters can be killed for another task, e.g corrupted kalphite marauders for a kalphite task.
|Monster||Combat level||Slayer level||Weakness||Quantity||Corruption|
|Corrupted scorpion||98||88||Water spells||9||1%|
|Corrupted scarab||101||91||Fire spells||10||2%|
|Corrupted dust devil||107||97||Crush||8||2%|
|Corrupted kalphite marauder||110||100||Arrows||3||3%|
|Corrupted kalphite guardian||110||100||Earth spells||3||3%|
|Corrupted worker||113||103||Water spells||10||5%|
|Salawa akh||106||105||Water spells||8||1%|
|Feline akh||109||107||Water spells||9||2%|
|Scarab akh||122||109||Fire spells||7||2%|
|Crocodile akh||115||111||Water spells||9||3%|
|Gorilla akh||111||113||Water spells||9||2%|
|Imperial mage akh||130||117||Arrows||4||5%|
|Imperial warrior akh||130||117||Water spells||4||5%|
|Imperial ranger akh||130||117||Crush||4||5%|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Diary of Oreb ( 25) – Discover and read all five journals of The Magister.
- Slay Bells Ring:
- Slay Bells Ring I ( 25) – Slay a combination of 500 corrupted or devourer creatures. (X/500)
- Slay Bells Ring II ( 25) – Slay a combination of 1,000 corrupted or devourer creatures. (X/1,000)
- Slay Bells Ring III ( 25) – Slay a combination of 2,500 corrupted or devourer creatures. (X/2,500)
- Slay Bells Ring IV ( 25) – Slay a combination of 5,000 corrupted or devourer creatures. (X/5,000)
- Slay Bells Ring V ( 25) – Slay a combination of 10,000 corrupted or devourer creatures. (X/10,000)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 May 2020 (Update):
- Added the numerical percentage onto the 'Corrupted' debuff icon in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- There is now a confirmation dialogue when choosing to lose everything in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon reward chest.
- patch 16 April 2018 (Update):
- Rare table drops and Keys to the Crossing drops will now prompt luck messages, should you have a ring equipped, whilst killing creatures in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- patch 6 November 2017 (Update):
- The Sophanem Slayer Dungeon chest will now warn players when discarding a single item from it.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The rewards chest inside the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon is no longer called 'Menaphos Dungeon Chest'.
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- Blocking has been added to a rocky outcrop near salawa ahks.
- Noted drops in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon will no longer drop to the floor if there is an existing stack in the chest but no free spaces.
- hotfix 26 June 2017 (Update):
- patch 19 June 2017 (Update):
- The reputation interface & corruption stacks are no longer lost when stepping on one rogue tile in the Sophanem slayer dungeon.
- Players are now correctly awarded the full amount of reputation when killing the last monster on their Slayer task in the Sophanem slayer dungeon.
- The Mask of Dust now provides a teleport to the Sophanem slayer dungeon with at least 97 Slayer.
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
- A tile that was missing blocking in the Sophanem Slayer dungeon has been fixed.
- A buff icon has been added, which displays when you are receiving the 5% XP boost in the city of Menaphos and the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- An issue that caused players to gain loot in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon while Scrimshaw of Corruption or Sacrifice was active has now been fixed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, there were several issues in the dungeon:
- The examine text of a heavy rock that blocks a tunnel is "Smells like something cooking.", which is a reference to the catchphrase of former professional wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
References[edit | edit source]