Father Lawrence Lambare is a Saradominist priest who worships in his Church in north-east Varrock, which he is in charge of. He is often drunk when talked to and also claims that he is holding a congregation, although both of his parishioners are asleep in their seats, suggesting that his sermons are dull. He used to be a close friend to Romeo and he knew a lot about the struggles between Romeo's and Juliet's families. He is also a good friend of Sir Theodore's and offered him counsel on several occasions during his stay in Varrock. He is also held in high regard by the King's court and is often asked to perform last rites by the nobility.
Father Lawrence was the person who suggested that the player could make a cadava potion during the Romeo & Juliet quest to help Romeo marry the love of his life, Juliet. However, Romeo & Juliet was replaced by Gunnar's Ground on 21 September 2010.
During Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav, he is used to obtain sacred oil, by proving to him that Saradomin can hear his prayers.
Father Lawrence appears in the Varrock Census of Year 160, Fifth Age, with the occupation of priest.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 January 2009 (Update):
- The symbol on Father Lawrence's chest is no longer visible on his back in normal detail.
- Evidently Father Lawrence lives in the Varrock Church, because there is a room on the second floor of the Church, with a bed and beer bottles lying around.
- Father Lawrence has at least 12 Herblore, as he prepares a strength potion during the novel Return to Canifis.
- Father Lawrence has written a book named 'Following Saradomin: The Path to Illumination', which is present in any of the many bookcases of the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede.
- Father Lawrence is based on the character Friar Lawrence from the Romeo and Juliet play, as he was also in the quest before it was replaced.