Quick guide for While Guthix Sleeps
- 1 Overview
- 2 Starting out
- 3 Finding Movario's base
- 4 Catching Lucien's spy
- 5 Super truth serum and recruiting the Heroes
- 6 Questioning the spy
- 7 Into the Black Knights' Fortress
- 8 Into the chasm
- 9 The Stone of Jas
- 10 Rewards
- 11 Required for completing
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Legends' Guild|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Very, Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Radimus Erkle in the Legends' Guild (fairy ring BLR).
- In Taverley, talk to Ivy Sophista in the house west of Pikkupstix.
- Go upstairs and talk to Thaerisk Cemphier. Kill both assassins that appear.
- Talk to Thaerisk again.
- Talk to Reldo in the Varrock Library. If you gave him the restored Dominarion device for Archaeology the first chat option is 4, if you didn't it's 3.
Finding Movario's base[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Watchtower teleport, Ardougne teleport (Ardougne Cloak preferably)
Feldip Hunter area[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Hunting expert in Feldip Hunter area. She is south-west of fairy ring AKS, and north of Oo'glog Lodestone.
- Go west and create a pitfall trap at a trap pit, then use your mort myre fungus on the trap.
- Dismantle the collapsed trap to obtain an unconscious broav.
- Talk to the Hunting expert.
Khazard[edit | edit source]
- Head to the Fight Arena and into the laundry room two houses north of the pub.
- With your ring of charos (a) equipped or 5,000 coins out of the coin pouch, talk to the Khazard launderer to obtain dirty laundry.
- Go to the Khazard Battleground north-west (north of Tree Gnome Village and across the bridges).
- Climb-over the crumbled wall inside the north-westernmost building.
- Drop your Broav in the room with the broken table then use the dirty laundry on him.
- Search the broken table to reveal a trapdoor, then go down.
Movario's Base[edit | edit source]
See Movario's base for a map of the base. You cannot enter the base with less than 1 kg weight.
- Go through the door, then head north along the curved path and down the stairs.
- Right-click search the old battered door.
To unlock it a certain type of rune must be placed on the door. Closely examine the text on the door to determine what type of rune to use. The word 'PROHIBITED' is the key to which rune to use. The shape of one letter of the word hints at the correct rune. After placing the rune, search once again to disarm the doors trap. Click here to see a more detailed version of the solution to this puzzle.
- Right-click search the door and disable the trap , then open the door.
- Right-click search the painting on the east wall .
- Right-click search bookcases until you receive the chat response . From that bookshelf, follow the wire that faintly glows to the next bookshelf, then search it. Repeat until the electricity on the door dissappears.
- Open the gate and right-click search the spiral staircase to disarm the trap, then climb up.
- Right-click search the desk to obtain Movario's notes (volume 1). Read the notes (42 pages).
- Right-click pick-up the waste-paper basket. With it in your inventory, right-click search it.
- Right-click search the bookcase to the west of the trash can, then use the ruby key on the bookcase. Climb-up the staircase just north of you.
- Right-click search the bed. Use the key on the bed chest. Right-click search the bed chest disabling traps , then open and search it.
- Climb back down twice to the wire room and in the small east room, right-click search the drawers.
- Look-at the thermometer. Note down the number it says in blue. Check your current character's weight in your equipment interface. You must equalise both numbers. If you weigh more than the number in blue: subtract the number from the thermometer from your character's weight to get the result number. For example if the thermometer says 20 and you weigh 30 kg, you would need 10 kg. If you weigh less than the number in blue: subtract your character's weight from the number in blue from to get the result number. On the floor of this room is a pile of weights. Right-click take weights equaling the result number you got.
- Climb back up the spiral staircase. If you weigh more than the number in blue: Use all the weights on the statue just north of you. Open the door just east. If you weigh less than the number in blue: keep the weights in your inventory and open the door east of the statue.
Solving this part successfully gives the chat response.
- Head east through the door and up the ladder to leave the hideout.
Catching Lucien's spy[edit | edit source]
- Return to Thaerisk in Taverley with the items obtained in Movario's base.
- Head to the building in McGrubor's Wood, and a cutscene will start. Kill all the mercenaries.
- Search the dead mercenaries and talk to the wounded Guardian of Armadyl.
- Go upstairs in the Seer's Village pub and talk to Idria.
- Talk to Sir Tiffy Cashien in the Falador Park.
- Go to the White Knight's Castle.
- In the eastern room on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US], talk to Thaerisk.
- At Draynor Village, use the teleorb on the shady stranger wearing white robes and near the shore. This may take several attempts.
- Go back to Falador and talk to Akrisae in the White Knight's Castle.
- If you don't have a snapdragon seed, buy one from Thaerisk.
- Talk to Thaerisk to teleport to Port Sarim.
Super truth serum and recruiting the Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Betty in the Port Sarim magic shop for truth serum.
- Talk to her again for pink dye.
- Use the pink dye on your lantern lens.
- If the snapdragon seed isn't already on the counter, talk to her again until she places the seed on the counter.
- Stand just inside the doorway, use the lens with the counter and take the enriched snapdragon seed.
- If not already, switch to the Lunar spellbook.
- Return to White Knight's Castle in Falador and speak to Thaerisk.
- Using the western stairs, head to the top of the castle and plant the seed in the herb patch.
- Go back downstairs and talk to Idria in the same room in which Thaerisk and Akrisae are.
- Cast NPC Contact to talk to the following people:
- Talk to Hazelmere east of Yanille near fairy ring CLS.
Questioning the spy[edit | edit source]
- Pick the enriched snapdragon (top of west tower at White Knights' Castle) and mix it into your truth serum for a super truth serum.
- Head back to the room with Thaerisk and the others.
- Open and search the cupboard to find charcoal and papyrus.
- Go into the cell and use the serum on the spy. The correct chat option varies from player to player. Exhaust chat options until you reach the correct one.
- Talk to Idria.
- Cast NPC Contact to talk to Cyrisus.
- Head to the Warriors' Guild and talk to the following:
- Return and speak to Idria, then Akrisae.
Into the Black Knights' Fortress[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Falador teleport, Food for fighting multiple enemies, Elite Black Knight armour from the Grand Exchange to save some time. Once you have a set of Elite Black Knight armour, you will need 9 free inventory slots to proceed. If you have purchased Elite Black Knight armour, you do not need combat gear, but some food is still advised.
- Switch back to the standard spellbook.
- Equip your disguise and head inside Black Knights' Fortress with all the items above or use the skull of remembrance to teleport to the ritual chamber, and make your way down to the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Climb down the ladder in the south-west corner.
- Along the east wall, right-click search the floor tile. Cast your charge orb spell on it.
- Climb-down the trapdoor.
- Kill Elite Black Knights to obtain a helmet, platebody and platelegs if you don't have a set already. Equip the full set to remove their aggression.
- Head north by jumping across the broken bridge, go east, and climb up the wall.
- Jump over the barricade and walk north-west until you reach a fork in the path, then head east.
- Talk to Silif.
- Go back west and enter the northern center door.
- Search all desks and wardrobes in the room for:
- Another set of elite black armour
- Full set of Dagon'hai robes
- Restore potion (4)
- Strange teleorb
- Do not eat the lobster or drink the restore potion.
- If you accidentally eat the lobster, any kind of cooked food will work as well.
- Search the key rack on the northern wall (a few tiles east of the wardrobe) for a cell key.
- Enter Silif's cell. Use the piece of food on Silif then the potion.
- Give Silif a set of elite black armour (dismiss your familiar if you have one).
- Return to the northern room. Walk to the map on the southern wall then talk to Silif.
- Plant the teleorb on Dark Squall, then escape back to Falador.
Lucien's Army[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Teleport (preferably to Falador)
- Talk to Akrisae.
- Wear your Dagon'hai robes and enter the nearby jail cell.
- Climb up the ladder in the north-eastern corner, stand in the stone circle in the middle of the room, and activate the strange teleorb. (Note: Activation will fail if you have the required runes in a pouch.)
- Follow the north-eastern path towards the chapel and climb up the ice wall.
- Jump across to a ledge on the chapel into the Wilderness.
- Walk east to activate a cutscene.
- Jump back to the snowy area and return to Falador.
- Talk to Idria.
Into the chasm[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Games necklace, emergency teleport.
- Go to the Tears of Guthix cavern.
- Equip your Dagon'hai robes and talk to Movario.
- With a sapphire lantern lit, right-click travel into cavern with a light creature.
- Right-click search the northernmost skeleton for a silver sickle (b) and 6 druid pouches.
- Right-click search the rocks fire orb. in the north-eastern corner. Then right-click search on the brazier that appears, choosing the chisel option to receive a
- Repeat on the north-west rock for the earth orb.
- Repeat for the standing lit braziers for air and water orbs in the south-western and south-eastern corners.
- Head further south to reach three skull cavities on the southern wall. Examine each recessed block and use the respective orb on the block.
- Climb up the wall and use the water orb on the recessed block.
- Climb down. For each of the three lower skulls, enter its nose cavity.
- Dismiss any followers and empty both your main and off-hand slots before entering the cavities.
- Crawl along the tunnel in each cavity to its end. Examine the door there and insert the respective key into the door lock. Crawl back through the tunnel and exit the skull.
- Climb up the walls to the upper skull. Use the fire key on the skull's recessed block, then right-click search the stone cube in front of the skull.
- Climb-through the cave opening to enter the Ancient Guthix Temple.
The Ancient Guthix Temple[edit | edit source]
- You will now need at least two free inventory slots, though more can make it quicker to proceed.
- There are eight statues in this temple. Each, when examined, will reveal what type of potion must be "made" at that statue.
- Use your druid pouches on the druid spirits. Each will drop required ingredients for the statues once - if these are lost (e.g. by dropping and letting them timeout), you will have to get replacements yourself.
- Do not let your druid pouch empty completely else it disappears! You need 3 open inventory slots to add (3) Flowers into the druid pouch.
- Use the herbs and the secondary ingredients on the various statues referencing the table below. Not all keywords will be on statues.
- If you have an ouroboros pouch you do not need to worry about the druid pouch losing charges, however you must carry a druid pouch in your inventory to "use" it on the spirits, although it will never deplete.
- If you need to refill your druid pouch, right-click bloom with your silver sickle near roots to get flowers. These can be used to refill the druid pouch. If you received a mort myre fungus from the druids, use it with the correct statue or drop it for a moment before filling the druid pouch else you will lose it!
- Use the dolmens you receive from the statues on the Stone Table in the middle of the temple. It will open the huge door in front of it.
|Agility||Clean toadflax + Toad's legs|
|Attack||Clean guam + Eye of newt or Clean irit + Eye of newt|
|Balance||Clean harralander + Red spiders' eggs + Garlic + Silver dust|
|Combat||Clean harralander + Goat horn dust|
|Defence||Clean cadantine + White berries|
|Energy||Clean harralander + Chocolate dust or Clean avantoe + Mort myre fungus|
|Fishing||Clean avantoe + Snape grass|
|Hunter||Clean avantoe + Kebbit teeth dust|
|Magic||Clean lantadyme + Potato cactus|
|Prayer||Clean ranarr + Snape grass|
|Ranging||Clean dwarf weed + Wine of Zamorak|
|Restoration||Clean snapdragon + Red spiders' eggs or Clean harralander + Red spiders' eggs|
|Strength||Clean tarromin + Limpwurt root or Clean kwuarm + Limpwurt root|
The Stone of Jas[edit | edit source]
- Make whatever arrangements necessary to battle the level 102 Balance Elemental that can use all three combat styles, and lower your combat stats. You can leave the area to get supplies, but always bring your lit sapphire lantern. Don't forget to bring at least two combat styles for the tormented demon fight. The Balance Elemental drains combat stats during the fight, so be sure to bring at least one full super restore.
- Proceed down the corridor and enter a large chamber.
- Once ready, search the mysterious stone Balance Elemental that appears. See the strategy guide here. and kill the
- Search the mysterious stone again for a cutscene. Doing so boosts all your combat stats to level 255 except Prayer.
- Continue dialogue with Movario , then with Lucien.
- Kill the two Tormented demons, switching between your two combat styles.
- Talk to Idria to have her teleport you to Falador.
- Continue dialogue with Idria in Falador.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- A lump of dragon metal
- A set of Elite black armour.
- A set of Dagon'hai robes.
- The Balance Elemental can be faced in Dominion Tower.
- 5,000 coins
- 4 x 100,000 experience from Idria, in any skill that is at least 65.
- A new pet - Broav.
- Access to the Black Knights' Catacombs.
- Opportunity to loot Movario's base.
- The base has 100 of magic logs, coal, fire runes, and death runes; note that the logs and ores are in their un-noted form. At GE market prices, the items are worth approximately 97,600 coins.
- Ability to kill Tormented demons for dragon metal pieces, dragon claw and dragon limbs.
- A Strange key teeth and a Strange key loop
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- Dangerous Logic (after entering table trapdoor)
- Black of Knight (in the Black Knights' Fortress dungeon)
- The Evil Within (in the cutscene where Lucien slays the heroes)
- The Sound of Guthix (in the Ancient Guthix temple)
- Temple Desecrated (at the battle with the Balance Elemental near the Stone of Jas)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
While Guthix Sleeps is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes