Robin Hood is a supposedly famous master archer and one of the few humans in Port Phasmatys, where he can be found staying in The Green Ghost. Robin used to be the leader of a large gang, but they eventually left him under leadership of Dirk Turnip, since Robin forced them to live in the woods and wear ridiculous outfits. The gang became a group of highwaymen, mugging people on the roads, and were dissatisfied with Dirk's callousness, but they decided to stick with him, everything being better than Robin.
During Ghosts Ahoy, players must get him to sign an oak shieldbow as a gift for Ak-Haranu. To obtain the bow players must gamble coins with Robin in games of Rune-Draw, until Robin owes more money than he can pay. He wears a Robin Hood hat and ranger boots, and wields a longbow.
If you speak to Robin before starting Ghosts Ahoy, he will brag about his fame, ask you if you have heard of him, and finally ask you to do him a favour: bring him a clean bedsheet from the innkeeper. The bedsheet the innkeeper gives you is wearable, making you look like a ghost in keeping with the Port Phasmatys theme.
Robin also gives the reward for completing the medium Morytania achievements - a set of Morytania legs 2. Robin offers 13 lots of bonemeal in exchange for bones, and 13 free buckets of slime each day. This increases to 26 bonemeal once the hard achievements are complete, and 39 bonemeal once the elite achievements are complete. He does not accept noted bones.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with Robin getting stuck thinking during a game of Runedraw.
- If a player's inventory is full while trying to convert bones and accept slime, he will insult the player: "Go away peasant, you don't have enough free bag space for that!"
- Robin is one of the few daily rewarding NPCs that doesn't accept or give noted items.
- Robin is based on the real-life Robin Hood, an English folk legend.
- Robin has a wallpaper dedicated to him. It depicts him fighting imps, as seen in the Postbag from the Hedge.