Quick guide for A Tail of Two Cats
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Unferth in his house in Burthorpe.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Cathunt[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 5 death runes
- Speak to Hild in the building north of the Heroes' Guild
- Locate Bob the cat using the catspeak amulet.
- Right-click and "open" the amulet.
- Click on the whiskers until the arrow and the eyes glow white.
- Run in the direction of the arrow, occasionally re-checking the amulet, until you find Bob.
- The easiest way to find Bob is to triangulate his position by using different teleports.
- Talk to Bob.
Strong lineage[edit | edit source]
Memories and Bob's list[edit | edit source]
- Go to Sophanem and talk to the Sphinx.
- Talk to Raetul and buy a full desert robe set
- Return to Unferth's house in Burthorpe and do the following:
- Rake the patch behind his house and plant potato seeds in it. Your cat will notify you when they are done (typically 25–35 minutes to grow).
- Use the logs on fireplace, then light the fireplace.
- Use the chocolate cake and bucket of milk on the table.
- Make his bed upstairs.
- Give Unferth a haircut.
- Talk to Unferth again once all the chores are done.
Down with the "sickness"[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Apothecary in south-west Varrock.
- Unequip your weapons and equip the doctor's hat/nurse hat and your white robes.
- Return to Unferth with a vial of water.
- Talk to Bob the cat. If he's not at his previous location, locate him again using the catspeak amulet.
- After the cutscene, talk to Unferth again.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- A mysterious present containing
- Catspeak amulet (e), which allows you to locate Bob.
- Doctor's hat or nurse hat (you can switch by destroying your hat and requesting a new one from the Apothecary)
- You can talk to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum to receive 5 kudos.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
A Tail of Two Cats is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- Full completion of One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes