Quick guide for A Tail of Two Cats
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Unferth in his house in Burthorpe.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Cathunt[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 5 death runes
- Speak to Hild in the building north of the Heroes' Guild
- Locate Bob the cat using the catspeak amulet.
- Right-click and "open" the amulet.
- Click on the whiskers until the arrow and the eyes glow white.
- Run in the direction of the arrow, occasionally re-checking the amulet, until you find Bob.
- The easiest way to find Bob is to keep hopping worlds at the anvil, south of the varrock's west bank, until you find bob.
- Talk to Bob.
Strong lineage[edit | edit source]
Memories and Bob's list[edit | edit source]
- Go to Sophanem and talk to the Sphinx.
- Talk to Raetul and buy a full desert robe set
- Return to Unferth's house in Burthorpe and do the following:
- Rake the patch behind his house and plant potato seeds in it. Your cat will notify you when they are done (typically 25–35 minutes to grow). (supreme growth potion from POF can NOT be used)
- Use the logs on fireplace, then light the fireplace.
- Use the chocolate cake and bucket of milk on the table.
- Make his bed upstairs.
- Give Unferth a haircut.
- Talk to Unferth again once all the chores are done.
Down with the "sickness"[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Apothecary in south-west Varrock.
- Unequip your weapons and equip the doctor's hat/nurse hat and your white robes.
- Return to Unferth with a vial of water.
- Talk to Bob the cat. If he's not at his previous location, locate him again using the catspeak amulet.
- After the cutscene, talk to Unferth again.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- A mysterious present containing
- Catspeak amulet (e), which allows you to locate Bob.
- Doctor's hat or nurse hat (you can switch by destroying your hat and requesting a new one from the Apothecary)
- You can talk to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum to receive 5 kudos.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
A Tail of Two Cats is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Fortunes (miniquest)
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- Full completion of One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes