|Release date||30 August 2005 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Varrock Palace garden|
|Examine||Queen Ellamaria of Varrock.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Queen Ellamaria Remanis is the queen of Misthalin, ruling alongside her husband King Roald Remanis III from Varrock, Misthalin's capital. She is unpleasant to people, talking down to those she considers beneath her and being difficult to work with and please. She even intimidates her husband. Her ferocity is respected even in Asgarnia, where the Warriors' Guild have a statue of her.
Despite her status, she was born a peasant and worked as a barmaid in the Blue Moon Inn. During the wyrd attacks of year 164 of the Fifth Age, she was very critical of the cover up being done by the Society of Owls, accosting the Asgarnian Sir Theodore Kassel for his role in it. She snuck into the Midsummer Festival party held by King Roald, wearing clothing not suited to her station, and was arrested when she tried to approach the king, as Sir Theodore believed her to be a threat. When King Roald held a parliament to discuss the attacks, she was brought forth as a representative of the common people. She was later released and cared for Ebenezer, a scientist who had accompanied Sir Theodore, after he fell ill. During this time King Roald made frequent visits, though many suspected this was to visit Ellamaria.
In Year 169 of the Fifth Age, Queen Ellamaria recruited an adventurer to build her husband a Garden of Tranquillity, despite his allergies. She went to great expense to building her garden, including importing high-quality soil, killing off the last white tree, and having statues stolen from Lumbridge and Falador. When Roald criticised the garden, she flew into a rage, forcing a compliment out of him and dismissing him.
Later in the year, Zemouregal launched an attack on Varrock, swiftly overrunning the palace. Her ghost was one of those which appeared to an adventurer in a vision at the Sacred Forge in Camdozaal. She was later seen being guarded by five guardsmen, who formed a barrier to protect her. In the alternate reality where Zemouregal won, she was zombified and given the enslaved Arrav as a servant, where she delighted in treating him as a gardener. When his mind was freed, he threw a watering can at her and refused to obey her, causing her to run off and cry at the skeletal remains of King Roald.
Family[edit | edit source]
|Unknown||Henry †||Hywell †||Bran †||Tenebra †||Unknown||Jerrod|
|Roald I †||Unknown||Unknown|
|Roald II †||Unknown||Tarquin|
|Elizabeth †||Roald III||Ellamaria|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Ellamaria, "Garden of Tranquility", RuneScape. "Oh dear – the common classes, oh how they fill one with intolerable levels of exasperation, I swear to be most true."
- ^ Wise Old Man, "Garden of Tranquility", RuneScape. "Ellamaria? Well, if you're in her service my guidance is this: do the fastest run that you can off the shortest pier you can find."
- ^ King Roald, "Garden of Tranquility", RuneScape. "Thank you very much, my darling. It's a, er, beautiful garden. Really it is."
- ^ Wise Old Man, "Garden of Tranquility", RuneScape. "She wasn't always royal you know.[...]No, in her youth she was a barmaid at the Blue Moon Inn. All that fancy talk, that's just for show. No, the Ellamaria I knew was as common as muck, until she lucked onto good King Roald."
- ^ King Roald, "Garden of Tranquility", RuneScape. "Orchids bring me out in a rash."
- ^ Ellamaria, "Garden of Tranquility", RuneScape. "One had the soil imported from an extremely fertile area at great cost - watering should not be necessary one would have thought."
- ^ Dantaera, "Garden of Tranquility", RuneScape. "Cut this shoot, and she will die, last of her kind gone forever. If you failed to grow this shoot, there would be no more White Trees."
|This template is about Ellamaria|
|Postbag from the Hedge issues|