|Release date||30 August 2005 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Defender of Varrock|
• Garden of Tranquillity
|Location(s)||Varrock Palace garden|
|Examine||Queen Ellamaria of Varrock.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Queen Ellamaria Remanis is the queen of Misthalin, ruling alongside her husband King Roald Remanis III from Varrock, Misthalin's capital. She is unpleasant to people, talking down to those she considers beneath her and being difficult to work with and please. She even intimidates her husband. Her ferocity is respected even in Asgarnia, where the Warriors' Guild have a statue of her.
History[edit | edit source]
Early History[edit | edit source]
Despite her status, she was born a peasant and worked as a barmaid in the Blue Moon Inn. During the wyrd attacks of year 164 of the Fifth Age, she was very critical of the cover up being done by the Society of Owls, accosting the Asgarnian Sir Theodore Kassel for his role in it. She snuck into the Midsummer Festival party held by King Roald, wearing clothing not suited to her station, and was arrested when she tried to approach the king, as Sir Theodore believed her to be a threat. When King Roald held a parliament to discuss the attacks, she was brought forth as a representative of the common people. She was later released and cared for Ebenezer, a scientist who had accompanied Sir Theodore, after he fell ill. During this time King Roald made frequent visits, though many suspected this was to visit Ellamaria.
Idling Around[edit | edit source]
In Year 169 of the Fifth Age, Queen Ellamaria recruited an adventurer to build her husband a high-end garden despite his allergies, requesting that they do so without using violence. She went to great expense to building her garden, including importing high-quality soil, killing off the last white tree (albeit regrowing it in her garden), and having statues stolen from Lumbridge and Falador. When Roald criticised the garden, she flew into a rage, forcing a compliment out of him and dismissing him. In return for the adventurer's assistance, she gave them a compost potion to allow them to make supercompost in an instant and gave them permission to pick the white tree's fruit.
Later in the year, Zemouregal launched an attack on Varrock, swiftly overrunning the palace. Her ghost was one of those which appeared to an adventurer in a vision at The Sacred Forge in Camdozaal. She was later seen being guarded by five guardsmen, who formed a barrier to protect her.
Dimension of Disaster[edit | edit source]
In the alternate reality where Zemouregal won, she was zombified and given the enslaved Arrav as a servant, where she delighted in treating him as a gardener. When his mind was freed, he threw a watering can at her and refused to obey her, causing her to run off and cry at the skeletal remains of former husband.
Family[edit | edit source]
|Roald I †||Tarrlo †|
|Unknown||Henry †||Hywell †||Bran †||Tenebra †||Unknown||Jerrod|
|Roald II †||Unknown||Tarquin|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Ellamaria, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "Oh dear – the common classes, oh how they fill one with intolerable levels of exasperation, I swear to be most true."
- ^ Wise Old Man, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "Ellamaria? Well, if you're in her service my guidance is this: do the fastest run that you can off the shortest pier you can find."
- ^ King Roald, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "Thank you very much, my darling. It's a, er, beautiful garden. Really it is."
- ^ Wise Old Man, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "She wasn't always royal you know.[...]No, in her youth she was a barmaid at the Blue Moon Inn. All that fancy talk, that's just for show. No, the Ellamaria I knew was as common as muck, until she lucked onto good King Roald."
- ^ King Roald, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "Orchids bring me out in a rash."
- ^ Ellamaria, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "One had the soil imported from an extremely fertile area at great cost - watering should not be necessary one would have thought."
- ^ Dantaera, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "Cut this shoot, and she will die, last of her kind gone forever. If you failed to grow this shoot, there would be no more White Trees."
|This template is about Ellamaria|
|Postbag from the Hedge issues|