Torag the Corrupted
|Torag the Corrupted|
|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|A vengeful spirit corrupted by dark magic.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|52 / 35 / 17|
6 ticks (3.6s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Torag the Corrupted is the second youngest of the six Barrows brothers. Torag attacks with melee and his regular form utilises dual wielded hammers and his shadow form uses a single two-handed hammer. As with all other Barrows Brothers, he should not be taken lightly.
Torag's set effect; Torag's Corruption, causes his attacks to occasionally drain a small amount of adrenaline from a player. This effect is identical to the set effect gained by a player wearing a full set of Torag's equipment. This effect is also accompanied by an animation when activated - a set of purple claws will rise from the floor and clench the player, before sinking back into the ground again within a matter of seconds. This effect is considered more of a nuisance than a lethal effect, as the amount of adrenaline drained is roughly 10% of a full bar and the effect does not occur very often.
History[edit | edit source]
Early History[edit | edit source]
Torag, along with his brothers, maintained a small farm. Eventually, Guthan convinced him and the others to join the crusade.
Kindred Spirits[edit | edit source]
Torag and his brothers made an appearance in Kindred Spirits, where he was chained with Karil, with Guthan attempting to keep balance between the pair and Commander Jaycliff. Torag had intended to join the crusades, being the only one of the six willing to fight. Sliske had set up the games to reveal the secrets of the brothers, but what Torag had kept hidden from his brothers is unknown, as the game was interrupted when Meg failed to impersonate the World Guardian.
2016 Easter event[edit | edit source]
During the 2016 Easter event, Torag the Corrupted and his brothers play a role as the workers (bobble-numbskulls) of Sliske's chocolate factory. They resembled their bobble-head versions.
Sliske's Endgame[edit | edit source]
Torag, along with his brothers, appeared in Sliske's Endgame, being the second intended wave in Sliske's attempts to destroy the World Guardian. However, the Barrows Brothers had managed to regain a modicum of control over their own actions, and chose to aid the World Guardian, attacking Sliske's wights and champions.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Torag does not drop his main rewards directly; instead, his equipment is added as possible rewards from the Barrows chest. See Barrows#Rewards for more information. However, Torag can directly drop the following items.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Ghost hunter goggles||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter body||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter legs||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter backpack||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ectoplasmator (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghostly essence (m)||1–2||Very rare||4,085-8,170||60-120|
|Deployable herb burner (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Cremation||1||1/1000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- Various bosses around RuneScape have taken their Santa Hats off for another year.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The right-click options on Barrows brothers spawned by other players have been removed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Along with the graphical update on 4 January 2012, his combat level was increased from 115 to 146. Since the release of the Evolution of Combat, his combat level has been raised to 150.
- While all the other Barrows Brothers have their weapon illustrated twice on their coffin Torag only has his weapon illustrated once in the series.
- In the Pathfinder universe Torag is the deity in the earth domain that rules over the forge. Torag's favoured weapon is also the warhammer.
- Torag's regular form still uses dual wielded hammers, rather than the new Torag's hammer. This may be an oversight by Jagex, as all the brothers still use pre-Evolution of Combat animations when attacking and defending.
- Prior to an update, Torag drained run energy rather than adrenaline when his set effect was activated.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Stu's Twitter account. 17 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 22 January 2019.) Mod Stu: "Had a look at the code: * It only drops on member worlds * Looks like a 1/1,000 drop chance, no modifiers * It just flags a variable and messages "You have unlocked the ability to burn bones on bonfires!", so it's easy to miss you've unlocked it"
|This template is about the Barrows brothers|