Hidden updates are updates which are not mentioned in the RuneScape news or the official forums. Jagex used to add many small updates and bug fixes which were too trivial to announce; they now include most of their updates in the Patch Notes sticky of the Recent Updates forum. However, there are still some updates which are not included in the Patch Notes for various reasons. Hidden updates that occur separately from major updates can sometimes also be recognised due to the build changing, which can be found in the Developer's Console.
This page lists hidden updates for 2019.
September[edit | edit source]
- 13 September
- The brilliant alchemist's amulet (charged) now tells you, via a message in chat, how many charges are remaining and the amount of coins you received.
- 2 September
- The Bank PIN interface has different colours for the buttons.
- The interface of items with teleport-options has received a lighter text and different color for the buttons.
- The buff and debuff bar have had their font style updated.
- The Crafting level requirement to craft most soft leather and wizard items has been reduced to 1.
- The rabbits on Etceteria have been graphically updated.
- The models used for most surface world sheep and those on Zanaris have been updated.
- Buffs like overloads and dragonfire protection now fade in and out when they are about to wear off.
August[edit | edit source]
- 27 August
- 12 August
July[edit | edit source]
- 30 July
- Many interfaces become disabled when interacting with Summer Skill Off skilling stations.
- 29 July
- The two options buttons and the preferences buttons in the categories interface of Treasure Hunter interface have been graphically updated.
- Some of the rabbits in the Lumbridge Crater have been replaced with common brown rabbits from player-owned farm.
- The Constitution cape's perk no longer works when placed on the Max or Completionist capes, instead now working from the bank or cape rack.
- 22 July
- 15 July
- 10 July
- 8 July
- A new teleport (Anachronia Teleport) has been added to the Magic Spellbook.
- Ruby harvests, sapphire glacialis, snowy knights, black warlocks, swamp lizards, orange salamanders, red salamanders and black salamanders have been graphically updated.
- The freecam sliders now have visible number values assigned to them.
- The thermal bath effect now has a buff on the buff bar.
- The chipped teletab interface now has ten options as opposed to the previous five options.
- Thomas was added to the Blue Moon Inn.
- 1 July
- The disassembling sound effect from players nearby can now be heard.
June[edit | edit source]
- 24 June
- 17 June
- 10 June
- Armour spikes were given a new inventory icon.
- 3 June
May[edit | edit source]
- 28 May
- 20 May
- 13 May
- The "Get More Keys" interface on Treasure Hunter has been changed into visually different "Out of Keys" interface for some players.
April[edit | edit source]
- 16 April
- 15 April
- 8 April
- 1 April
March[edit | edit source]
- Prismatic lamps now leave the following message on the player's chat when opened: Your wish has been granted!
- 25 March
- Incense burners were added to every player's toolbelt.
- 11 March
- 7 March
- 4 March
February[edit | edit source]
- 25 February
- A new quest, Curse of the Black Stone, has been released.
- Astellarn's life points have been reduced to 250,000.
- Soul Split now works against black crystals in the Seiryu boss fight.
- An azure key, which is used to find a trunk key and open a trunk inside the Temple of Aminishi, is added to the game.
- The north-eastern part of Aminishi is now accessible.
- 18 February
- 14 February
- The prizes shown in the Treasure Hunter information interface no longer uses item sprites. It now uses 3D models.
January[edit | edit source]
- 21 January
- 7 January
- The button for Treasure Hunter has been changed for some players.
- The coal obtained from the modified blacksmith's helmet is now noted.
- The text that informs players that they do not have inventory space to harvest from a divine location is now in dark red warning message with a pop-up instead of just white message in the chat box.
- Superheat Item no longer gives experience when cast with an explorer's ring 4. This was fixed the next week.
- The fires on various torches have been graphically updated and now use particle effects.
- Sani has been graphically updated.
- The hammers held by Derrik, Dunstan, Seddu and Thakkrad Sigmundson have been graphically updated.
- The Ice trolls on Fremennik Isles and in Jatizso dungeon mine are no longer aggressive with level?
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]