Hidden updates are updates which are not mentioned in the RuneScape news or the official forums. Jagex used to add many small updates and bug fixes which were too trivial to announce; they now include most of their updates in the Patch Notes sticky of the Recent Updates forum. However, there are still some updates which are not included in the Patch Notes for various reasons. Hidden updates that occur separately from major updates can sometimes also be recognised due to the build changing, which can be found in the Developer's Console.
This page lists hidden updates for 2023.
January[edit | edit source]
- 30 January
- 23 January
- Some NPCs have had their "Talk-to" option renamed to "Talk to": Miazrqa, Rupert the Beard, Sylas and Winkin.
- Grimgnash has had his "Talk-To" option renamed to "Talk to".
- The quest point cape and its hooded and inverted versions have had their tooltip updated to include the text: "Provides teleports to locations around Gielinor.".
- The master quest cape's tooltip has had the word "teleport" changed to "teleports".
- Signs of the porter no longer bank whirligig shells.
- 9 January
- View Gravestones action was added to Father Aereck.
- Christmas decorations were removed from the trees, bosses and other non-player characters, Grand Exchange in Varrock and Prifddinas.
- The combat exit animation for the forgotten mages in the Succession quest has been changed from the one used when holding a staff to the standard combat exit animation.
- Liberation of Mazcab has had its rewards improved.
- 4 January
- 22nd Anniversary celebrations have been activated.
- 1 January
- January Sale has been activated.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]