Hidden updates are updates which are not mentioned in the RuneScape news or the official forums. Jagex used to add many small updates and bug fixes which were too trivial to announce; they now include most of their updates in the Patch Notes sticky of the Recent Updates forum. However, there are still some updates which are not included in the Patch Notes for various reasons. Hidden updates that occur separately from major updates can sometimes also be recognised due to the build changing, which can be found in the Developer's Console.
This page lists hidden updates for 2020.
August[edit | edit source]
July[edit | edit source]
- 27 July
- Hidden blocking of various tiles around the anachronia base camp have been removed.
- 20 July
- 15 July
- 13 July
- Trouble Brewing games sometimes start on the Trouble Brewing–themed world even without the normally required number of players in teams.
- 6 July
- 1 July
June[edit | edit source]
- 29 June
- Sign in with Apple is now supported on macOS devices and some PCs. (Patch notes only state iOS devices are supported)
- 1 June
- Fixed an issue where the World Map dungeon and map links were not functioning when selected.
May[edit | edit source]
- 11 May
- Players can once again buy lamps and stars without a maximum limit in the Oddments Store.
- 7 May
- Oddments Store has been updated so that players can only buy lamps or stars ten times during one day. Both items have separate counters.
April[edit | edit source]
- 10 April
- 9 April
- Guide Prices for some Archaeology-related items have been manually increased. The affected items include 'Ancient gizmos' blueprint, 'Ancient tools' blueprint, 'XP Capacitor' blueprint, Abyssal Block scroll, aetherium alloy, ancient vis, animal furs, Archaeology teleport, Armadylean yellow, binding contract (abyssal demon), binding contract (blood reaver), binding contract (gargoyle), binding contract (hellhound), binding contract (kal'gerion demon), binding contract (ripper demon), binding contract (waterfiend), Blood of Orcus, Blood Siphon scroll, cadmium red, chaotic brimstone, cobalt blue, Crit-i-Kal scroll, Death From Above scroll, demonhide, dragon mattock, earthen clay, Everlight silvthril, Eye of Dagon, fossilised bone, goldrune, Hammer Rock scroll, hellfire metal, imperial steel, inquisitor staff, keramos, large crate (classic components), large crate (historic components), large crate (timeworn components), large crate (vintage components), leather scraps, malachite green, Mark of the Kyzaj, orthenglass, quintessence, samite silk, small crate (classic components), small crate (historic components), small crate (timeworn components), small crate (vintage components), soapstone, Soul Food scroll, Star of Saradomin, Stormguard steel, Straight Flush scroll, Third Age iron, tyrian purple, vellum, vulcanised rubber, warforged bronze, white marble, white oak, Wings of War, XP Capacitor 5000 (Charged), Yu'biusk clay, and Zarosian insignia.
- 7 April
March[edit | edit source]
- 30 March
- A tile of blocking has been removed that prevented players to walk behind the Treasure Trails Reward Shop.
- Life points, prayer points, and summoning points bar has been updated using gradient colours.
- The Lodestone Network, gnome glider and wisp colonies interface maps have been updated.
- Eliza and Alpheus have been graphically updated.
- Ground textures have been updated in areas surrounding the dig sites, including north-east Varrock, Varrock Palace, Jolly Boar Inn, Sawmill, Hemenster, Ranging Guild, Legend's Guild, Sorcerer's Tower, South Feldip Hills, and Ice Mountain.
- Icyene graveyard can now be accessed without starting River of Blood by using Agility shortcut from the Everlight dig site.
- Some of the Jack of trades auras' message colours have changed from white to green: the messages triggered when gaining experience in a new skill and the numbers when checking the aura time remaining.
- Some item names were changed to reflect different capitalizations, such as many summoning scrolls, IOU, the Pickaxe of Earth and Song, and the four lower tier of luck rings. "Candle" was also renamed to white candle, and the lit versions of candles had their status moved to parentheticals.
- 23 March
- 18 March
- 10 March
- 2 March
- Defence animations have been removed from most bosses. This was mentioned before release, but was not noted in newsposts or patch notes.
- Fastest kill times for Solak have been cleared. This was mentioned before release, but was not noted in newsposts or patch notes.
- Tess examine text now shows highest enraged reached. This was mentioned before release, but was not noted in newsposts or patch notes.
- A collection of tiles that prevented familiar movement have been removed behind Nature Grotto.
February[edit | edit source]
- 28 February
- The dinosaurs' aggression in Big Game Hunter is shown with bars above the dinosaurs and a tooltip above the player. The tooltip shows the highest current aggression.
- Several teleports will now use the active teleport animation override instead of the default teleport animation.
- Using the Teleport to Lodestone option in the minigames tab will now correctly use Quick teleport when Quick teleport is toggled on.
- 25 February
- 24 February
- 18 February
- 17 February
- 13 February
- 5 February
- A number of items have had their Grand Exchange prices adjusted. In addition, common green frog (unchecked), green salamander (unchecked), powerburst of sorcery (1), powerburst of sorcery (2), powerburst of sorcery (3), and spicati apoterrasaur (unchecked) have had their prices updated even though they were not listed.
January[edit | edit source]
- 27 January
- 4 January
- 19th Anniversary celebrations are active.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. "Patch Notes." 29 June 2020. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 10 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 10 April 2020.) Mod Timbo: "I've just made further adjustments to the price of ancient blueprints. Thank you to everyone who let me know that they were too far off current prices."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 9 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 10 April 2020.) Mod Timbo: "Hey everyone, I've updated the GE prices of most of the new items that came with Archaeology. I don't normally like to do it so early to release but I felt like it needed it. Their prices are as accurate as we can be. I hope you all enjoy the Easter weekend!"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 5 February 2020. (Archived from the original on 6 February 2020.) Mod Timbo: "Been busy working and polishing Archaeology but I took some time today to fix some of the prices from Farming and Herblore to 120 (including some other ones that were wildly out). Here is the full list of all of the items changed today."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 5 February 2020. (Archived from the original on 6 February 2020.) Mod Timbo: "Because I couldn't help myself, I've also done some of the worst items whose price was not as high as their guide price. These items were trading at least 10m below their old guide price. (I had to make a cutoff point because I should really be working on Arch!)"