You Are It
|You Are It (#220)|
|Release date||8 May 2018 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||McGrubor's Wood|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting out[edit | edit source]
To start the quest, head to McGrubor's Wood and chop a specific tree in the south-west section of the area, directly south of the fairy ring with the code ALS. It is a normal tree, not an oak tree, and contains a hidden clue scroll. Upon chopping it, a short cutscene plays where a double agent will appear and give you a mysterious clue scroll. Read the clue scroll to accept the quest.
Mysterious scroll[edit | edit source]
The mysterious scroll appears to contain only the word "URIT" repeatedly, however, several of the words end in a letter other than T. Reading only the letters that are different spells out "RELDO". Go to Varrock Palace to speak to him.
Reldo[edit | edit source]
Speak to Reldo, in the Library at Varrock Palace, and he will warn you that those with the clue scroll disappear and never come back. He signs it, and then it can be read again for a clue which reads:
|“||Cry next to Duke Horacio.
Panic before you talk to me.
Lumbridge Castle[edit | edit source]
Go to Lumbridge and locate Duke Horacio, who can be found upstairs in Lumbridge Castle. Carry out the instructions on the scroll: un-equip all your items, use the cry emote, then the panic emote. A spark of energy will be released from the clue scroll after the first emote, and after the second you will enter a cutscene with the double agent in the form of a ripper demon wearing a hat, and several other Ripper Demons. A second cutscene will then play involving Duke Horacio and Uri. After both cutscenes, the clue scroll will update.
Gravedigging[edit | edit source]
You will receive another clue which is:
|“||00 degrees 58 minutes north
25 degrees 01 minutes east
Head to the location, which is in the Lumbridge cemetery, and dig to the west of the south-west light. You can dig by right-clicking your clue scroll like a normal Treasure Trail, there is no need to bring a spade. You will enter another cutscene, with Uri opening a chest full of letters, rags, and other useless items. Eventually, he finds some obsidian jewellery. You will then find a locked casket, and your clue scroll will be updated.
House call[edit | edit source]
Check your scroll and you will find a map, which details the surrounding area of Rimmington. Head to the player-owned house portal there and enter it. After another cutscene, your clue scroll will update. Read it again for another clue:
|“||My house is full of adventurers who
were on the same quest as you.
A trip to Draynor[edit | edit source]
Head to Draynor Manor and enter the room to the west. Search the bookcase located in the north-west corner of the room to the west of the entrance. (It is the "non-standard" appearing bookcase next to the candles.) You will get a casket key. Use it on the locked casket in your inventory to receive an old necklace. Your clue scroll will update with a new clue. This time, it's a compass clue, which can be activated by right-clicking the scroll and clicking 'Scan'. If you don't have a rope yet, you can go into Draynor Village and buy some from Ned for 15 coins or 4 balls of wool.
Mysterious hole[edit | edit source]
Like a normal compass clue, you need to follow the direction of the arrow to find the correct location. The clue points back to the quest's original starting location, McGrubor's Wood. Head just south of the house there, two steps south of the crate, and dig. This will reveal a mysterious hole, which you can add rope to in order to go down. Descend into the hole.
Follow the passage and investigate the coffin. You'll receive Charos's journal and enter another cutscene with Uri speaking over Charos's grave. A voice booms in the cave, the ground shakes, and he is pulled into the earth. Speak to the double agent, who will explain what happened. In the past Uri attempted to rob the grave of Charos and was cursed as a result, forced to safeguard the treasures he would never own. When you're ready to proceed ask what happens next then leave the dialogue.
The journal mentions Charos working for Lord Drakan and ultimately creating a practical joke in tremendously bad taste that results in him going into hiding from the vampyres. The joke references Drakan eliciting Charos's help to locate a certain "stone". Head east to the mantle and investigate it, then destroy the statue in the shape of "The Stone". Choosing any other statue will cause a safe death and put you outside the crypt. You will obtain a puzzle casket and enter another short cutscene. Speak to Uri when it is over to complete the quest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- Sealed clue scroll (easy)
- Sealed clue scroll (medium)
- Sealed clue scroll (hard)
- Puzzle casket
- Old necklace, which you can use to find jade trinkets around Gielinor if over level 50 Dungeoneering. It is recommended to keep it since it is used in Desperate Times.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Additional rewards/activities
- Search for necklace trinkets scattered around Gielinor. Combining them creates the necklace of Charos
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- You Are It ( 0) – Complete this Intermediate quest.
- Trickster's Trinkets ( 5) – Discover all the trinkets and restore the old necklace after 'You Are It'.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
You Are It is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|You Are It|
|Developer||Mod Daze, Mod Erator|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 1 February 2021 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with the You Are It quest which blocked progression on the mobile platform.
- patch 14 May 2018 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to repeatedly start the graveyard cutscene during You Are It when repeatedly attempting to dig.
- You will now get Treasure Hunter keys on completion of the You Are It quest.
- Players will now be able to reclaim any lost trinkets after You Are It quest.
- The reward for completing the post-quest activity for You Are It is now keepsakeable.
- You Are I-n the know. The quest journal for You Are It has been updated with information
- Signalling Uri using the Globetrotter outfit will not work during the quest and will display the message: "The ink on the mysterious clue scroll vanishes as you try to use your Globetrotter outfit. It reappears shortly after."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon completion of the quest the adventurer's log states: "I managed to survive the cursed clue scroll and restore Uri back to his former self."
- Upon inspecting the cursed clue scroll a final time, a reference to the third instalment of the Harry Potter series is made. The statement before the scroll disappears says "Its mischief has been managed," referencing the Marauder's Map in Harry Potter which would go blank when someone says "mischief managed."
- Duke Horacio's wife's name is revealed to be Oriana, shortened to "Ori". The book in Draynor Manor with the key to her casket is titled "The Blind Forest". This is a reference to the game "Ori and the Blind Forest".
- The update post for the quest contained the word "URIT" repeated several times. This is a pun on "You're it", a shortened version of the quest name, while also containing the name Uri, a central character in the quest.
- The image in the puzzle casket received at the end of the quest depicts the scene from the first entry of Charos's journal, a rampaging elite bloodveld girded in the colours of house Drakan trailed by a ball and chain crafted to look like the Stone of Jas. This image is unlocked for puzzle boxes in completing future treasure trails.
- Upon release, the Treasure Hunter keys and Hearts of Ice were not correctly rewarded. This was hot-fixed the same day.