The Blue Moon Inn is the tavern and inn in South-central Varrock. The NPCs inside play a role in several quests. Jonny the beard is involved in the Shield of Arrav quest, Dr Harlow features in the Vampyre Slayer quest, and there is also a treasure chest upstairs that plays a part in Pirate's Treasure. Players can buy beer from the Bartender for 2 coins each.
When players talk to the bartender and ask for tips, he will refuse to give them any and break the fourth wall, saying that it 'makes the computer game too easy'. If a player asks 'What game?' he will explain that RuneScape is nothing but a computer game, at which the player character will call him mad and terminate the conversation.
In RuneScape Classic, before the release of RuneScape 2, the inn used to be a popular party room, with players holding parties there regularly. This practice has since died out, and the inn is now of little interest to most players, though it is a location involved in several quests.
The Blue Moon Inn is featured in the Bar Crawl miniquest, which can be started at the Barbarian Outpost by talking to one of the barbarian guards near the outer entrance to the Agility course.
The tavern is featured in the lore story Worth Comes in Battle, which details the time three of the Signature Heroes - Ariane, Ozan and the Raptor - stopped by for drinks. During that time, they were seen by Balek, the son of the barkeeper, who summoned his friends Jonty and Kherian. It is owned by the innkeeper, rather than the bartender as Balek suggests.
|| Sell price
|| Buy price
|| GE price
|| Resale value
|Beer||∞||2||Not bought||1,616||∞ (1,614)|
Cellar of the Blue Moon Inn
Upstairs, inside of the Blue Moon Inn
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- Shelves in Blue Moon Inn no longer float.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Tweaked some dialogue in the Blue Moon Inn in which female characters referred to themselves in masculine terms.
- patch 9 April 2013 (Update):
- A stretching issue with a barbarian NPC in the Blue Moon Inn has been fixed.
- patch 13 May 2010 (Update):
- You can no longer put items on some of the punters’ heads in Blue Moon Inn in Varrock.
- patch 16 February 2010 (Update):
- Items placed on tables in the Blue Moon Inn and Explorer Jack's house would float.
- patch 21 December 2009 (Update):
- Changed the name and examine for part of the bar in the Blue Moon Inn.
- Aris claims to be seven times as old as the number of legs on the stools in the inn, making her two-hundred and twenty four years old (for the time being).
- The Blue Moon Inn received a graphical update on 15 December 2009.
- The "Blue Moon Inn" and "Jolly Boar Inn" may have been named after the Blue Boar Inn from Robin Hood. Alternatively, the inn may be named after the beer, Blue Moon.
- It is apparently the meeting location for Ex-Adventurers Anonymous.
- A blue moon is a phenomenon of two full moons occurring in one month. This happens approximately every three years.
- As of 15 December 2009, the music heard here is "Honkytonky Newbie Melody", which was part of an unannounced music update, which added 5 new songs to the list.