Not to be confused with Augury
Layte Aubury is a mage who runs Aubury's Rune Shop in Varrock. He is a master wizard of the Wizards' Tower, acting as their representative in Varrock to ensure they are supported by the crown. He can teleport players to the Rune Essence mines using the spell senventior disthine molenko. He is a friend of Mikasi the Magic instructor and a close associate of Archmage Sedridor.
As part of his duties as a Wizards' Tower wizard, he assesses apprentice mages. He can mark their dissertations and either pass or fail them. In Year 164 of the Fifth Age, he promoted Castimir from his apprenticeship.
Aubury teleporting a player to the Rune Essence Mines
During the Rogue Trader activity, players will ask Aubury to supply Ali Morrisane with runes, and Aubury will agree. After the completion of Rogue Trader, players might get cheaper runes from Ali Morrisane, provided they are able to solve a puzzle.
Aubury is listed in the Year 160 (Fifth Age) Varrock Census with the occupation of rune seller.
Aubury also attended the 2011 Christmas Event Banquet. Zimberfizz was to the right of him and Wizard Shug was to the left two seats down across an empty seat.
During the 2017 Christmas event, Aubury helped by creating an energy rift which was used to attempt to first bring the clockwork gnome to life by itself and once again along with Doc and Orla Fairweather's methods.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 22 June 2020 (Update):
- Fixed the size of monocle worn by Aubury.
- If players asked Aubury at the 2011 Christmas event banquet how his shop has been doing, he would say that "It is a lot quieter these days" and "Teleporting people to the rune essence that many times in a day gets tiring". This is a reference to the bot nuke.
- Aubury originally sold the Runecrafting cape. On 5 April 2011, the cape transferred to Larriar, making it the third skillcape to change seller, after the Slayer and Strength capes.
- In the original Rune Mysteries quest, he was responsible for the discovery of Runecrafting.
- In the 2017 Christmas Event, Aubury is seen wearing a purple trimmed version of the Runecrafting cape, possibly a reference to when he was the previous cape seller.