The Hairdresser can change a player's hairstyle. The hairdresser does not charge for new hairstyles. He is located in north-west Falador, near the mace shop. Alternatively, the player can click to the "Worn Equipment" tab, then "Customisation" and select the Avatar, then the Hairstyles option. There they can perform all the actions that the hairdresser can, in addition to being able to change hair colour, from anywhere in the world. The hairdresser is an excellent option to go to for changing appearance, because players may change their hair colours and styles however many times they wish for free. The chairs play no part in the process and are only aesthetic.
Note: Players cannot change their gender here. Players wishing to change their gender or skin colour should visit the Makeover Mage, south west of Falador.
He is the only member of the World Hairdresser's Annual Meet to be met in game.
On 13 August 2007 new hairstyles were added to the game. On the first week of its release, players could change their hair or beard for free.
On 9 December 2008 even more new hairstyles, 24 to be exact, were added to the game. On the first week of its release, players could change their hair or beard for free.
On 28 April 2009 6 more hairstyles were added to the game, and afro wigs could be purchased from Party Pete to be worn in the helmet slot.
The hairdresser's barber shop.
The menu in which characters change their hairstyle/colour
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- A picture in Falador Salon now shows the image with bloom turned on.
- patch 1 February 2011 (Update):
- This npc's interface now shows the correct text when hovering over certain buttons.
- patch 6 October 2010 (Update):
- Improved the scrolling and general feel for the hairdresser interface in Falador.
- patch 2 June 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted the hairdresser’s interface to cope with slightly longer text.
- patch 28 April 2009 (Update):
- Players should find they no longer clip with the hairdressing booth.
- The Hairdresser's chat has been made less confusing.
- update 9 December 2008 (Update):
- 24 new hairstyles released (12 female hairstyles, 8 male hairstyles, 4 male facial styles).
- Hairdresser will give haircuts for free.
- update 13 August 2007 (Update):
- Basic clothes added to game along with new hairstyles, which can be changed in the wardrobe accessed through Thessalia's Makeovers and the Hairdresser, respectively.
- The hairdresser has a pet chinchompa named Ridgeley who powers the barber pole in front. Ridgeley was originally a rat, who would act the same as the chinchompa does now.