Graveyard of Shadows
|Graveyard of Shadows|
|Release||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
Once known as Carrallanger, the Graveyard of Shadows is located in the Wilderness; levels 19 to 23. Not to be confused with the Forgotten Cemetery, the graveyard is home to a large collection of dead trees. The monsters that inhabit the area are various low level zombies.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Players can teleport directly to the Graveyard of Shadows by casting the Carrallanger Teleport spell from the ancient spellbook (requires completion of Desert Treasure).
- The enlightened amulet will teleport the player to the graveyard.
- The Wilderness lodestone is just southwest of the graveyard.
- There is an Ancient obelisk just south of the graveyard.
Item respawns[edit | edit source]
The Graveyard of Shadows also contains several item respawn points. There are 5 plank (useful for Construction) and 4 tile respawns within the graveyard, as well as a crossbow, a steel dagger, iron dagger and an iron helm spawn point. This graveyard is one of only three plank spawn points within the free-to-play world, and, therefore, can play an important role in the Dragon Slayer quest. It is also one of only two known spawn point of tiles, which currently have no in-game use.
Nearby locations[edit | edit source]
To the north of the Graveyard of Shadows lie the ruins of one of the last remaining cities within the wilderness. Players should be wary, however, as they are overrun with deadly red spiders. The Wilderness Volcano lies to the west of the graveyard.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Zombie, level 22 and 29
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
29th September 2008 (
- The Graveyard of Shadows has a minor graphical update prior to the new quest. Gravestones are updated with more colours, and the dirt is now 3D. A statue of the Grim reaper is also added.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Grim Reaper statue appeared at the south-western end of the graveyard approximately a month before the 2008 Hallowe'en event was released. A second Grim Reaper statue appeared at the eastern end of the graveyard in 2009. Neither statue can be examined.
- Before, the Graveyard used to be near where Clan Wars was until the addition of Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars, it was pushed west of the little slime lake and a bit more east for room for the volcano.
- The graveyard received a graphical update when the quest Defender of Varrock came out and another when the entire Wilderness did.