A double agent appearing!
A double agent appears when doing a hard, elite or master clue scroll. He says "I expect you to die!" when he appears and instantly attacks the player. His appearance is identical to Uri's.
He is also present in the You Are It quest, where he takes on his normal form, as well as a Ripper demon form, while still wearing his hat. In the quest, it is revealed that the double agent and Uri are the same person. Uri used a wishbringer made by Charos to wish for a vast hidden wealth, but he was also cursed to forever guard it as the double agent. Uri is able to take control of his body for short periods of time so he can help people find his treasures and save him, but the double agent then usually takes over.
- Hard and Master emote clues throughout the world:
- Double agents for hard clues in the Wilderness have a combat level of 77.
- Double agents for hard clues outside the Wilderness have a combat level of 98.
- Double agents for master clues have a combat level of 112 and 25,000 health.
- During the You Are It quest:
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 12 October 2020 (Update):
- The Menaphos Grand Library master clue step and hidey-hole has been moved just outside the main door to avoid an issue where double agents could spawn in an un-attackable state.
- To prevent cases of Uri spawning outside of his acceptable range, he will now appear on the same spot as the double agent was killed.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- Uri and double agents from Treasure Trails have been graphically updated.
- Clue scroll wizards and double agents are no longer familiar immune.
- patch 25 March 2013 (Update):
- Double agents from Treasure Trails are now easier to kill.
- If a player has auto retaliate turned on, they will occasionally run northwards after killing a double agent.
- The double agent saying "I expect you to die!" is a reference to the James Bond film Goldfinger, in which Bond asks "Do you expect me to talk?", to which Goldfinger's reply is "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"
- When the double agent was first released, a glitch made it possible for players to do the same emote multiple times, resulting in a potentially large number of double agents spawning.
- If another player attempts to attack the double agent, a message will appear: "It's not after you..."
- The double agent, along with the Guthix wizard, Saradomin wizard, and Zamorak wizard, did not receive a life point and damage increase with the Evolution of Combat until a hidden update on 4 December 2012.
- If you are doing the Odd Old Man's wish list after the Rag and Bone Man quest, he may drop a rat bone.
- If the player's clue scroll starts off with an emote clue, the double agent will not appear. This may be a glitch, as every other emote clue will cause a double agent to spawn.
- ^ Double agent, "You Are It", RuneScape. "When Uri gained the treasure he desired, he was cursed to become the one who guarded it... Uri became me. But our late Mr. Charos obviously thought that wasn't enough of a game. He thought it would be hilarious if he left a crumb of Uri behind. And that crumb has been doing every pathetic little thing to revert the wishes. Leading adventurers to his treasures..."