The Zamorakian Undercity
|The Zamorakian Undercity|
|Release||4 July 2022 (Update)|
|See map section|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Zamorakian Undercity (also known as Avernic Undercity, Zamorakian Undercity, and simply Undercity) is the fourth Elite Dungeon. It follows the events of the Elder God Wars Dungeon, Extinction, and Twilight of the Gods. Players fight Zamorak, Lord of Chaos at the end of the dungeon. The dungeon is set in the Senntisten undercity with the final confrontation taking place within the Wilderness Crater. The entrance to the dungeon is located next to the pulley, which is used to enter Senntisten from just north of the Archaeology Guild.
Unlike other Elite Dungeons, which can be done in a group of up to three players, Zamorakian Undercity can be attempted in a team of up to five players, with the enemies' life points scaling to the team size at a 1:1 ratio (monster's life points:players). It also possesses an enrage system that goes up in intervals of 10%, but the enemies' strength, type, and quantity begin to change as it increases. Zamorak himself also uses the enrage system, but has a cap of 60,000% enrage unlike Telos, the Warden and the Arch-Glacor, which both cap at 4,000%. Clearing main area of the dungeon increases the rewards obtained from Zamorak, but the increase is not worth the time needed fighting the enemies.
The dungeon also features an easier story mode which, unlike other elite dungeons, does provide drops, albeit with significantly reduced rates. Upon completing the dungeon 25 times, tracking by Conqueror of Chaos achievement, players are allowed to skip the dungeon and head straight to Zamorak instead, but this is capped at the highest enrage the player completed. However, if Zamorak was defeated in an encounter of 250% or more enrage, the player can skip straight to Zamorak at any enrage level.
Dungeon information[edit | edit source]
|The Zamorakian Undercity|
|Databox • Talk page|
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Use the boss portal in War's Retreat.
- Use the boss portal in the Max Guild (requires 99 in every skill).
- Use the Pontifex Shadow Ring, restored after the City of Senntisten quest, to teleport to Senntisten, run north to the Pulley.
- Use the Archaeology journal to teleport to the Archaeology Guild, then walk north to the ancient door (dungeon), east to the ancient doors (The Empty Throne Room) or north-east to a winch (Senntisten Temple).
- Using a gnome glider to fly to Lemanto Andra (3) leaves the player very close to the ancient door.
- The dig sites map in the Archaeology Guild, archaeology teleport or the master archaeologist's outfit can be used to teleport to the Senntisten Dig Site camp just north-east of the cathedral, provided the player has level 60 Archaeology or access to those items.
- Dig site pendant can be used to teleport to the following:
- Skeletal horror Teleport can be used to teleport to the north-east of the ancient door.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Mobs[edit | edit source]
This is a list of all the enemies encountered in the dungeon, however, the current enrage level determines what enemies will be present inside.
Chaos Demon, level 100
Chaos Demon Savage, level 141
Chaos witch, level 141
Chaos witch apprentice, level 121
Chaos witch channeler, level 147, 143
Chaos witch lifeweaver, level 115
Chaos witch magus, level 157
Chaos witch mender, level 109
Dark Wizard, level 114
Dark wizard elder, level 123
Dark wizard master, level 129
Fred, level 110
Greater demon ash lord, level 157
Greater demon berserker, level 166
Greater demon brute, level 148
Greater demon pyromancer, level 132
Greater demon sage, level 146
Greater demon savage, level 133
Hellhound, level 104
Hellhound Alpha, level 113
Hellhound Hunter, level 111
Imp scavenger, level 126
Lifeweaver, level 131
Monk of Chaos, level 124
Protector, level 131
Pyrefiend, level 113
Seething Pyrefiend, level 119
Torrential Waterfiend, level 118
War priest of chaos, level 137
War priestess of chaos, level 137
Waterfiend, level 111
Zamorakian archer, level 114
Zamorakian cultist, level 116
Zamorakian hound master, level 123
Zamorakian hunter, level 114
Zamorakian ritual keeper, level 107, 115
Minibosses[edit | edit source]
Unlike the other elite dungeons, all minibosses are guaranteed to spawn with each run through the elite dungeon. While most are optional, it is required to defeat both Mefis, the Jailer and Eterna, Ritual Leader to progress in the dungeon. For this reason, while they are considered minibosses, they essentially serve as both the first and second bosses of the elite dungeon.
Optional[edit | edit source]
Berserk Archaeologist, level 138
Cerberus Juvenile, level 138
Denizen of Infernus, level 127
Desha, Guardian of the Hounds, level 145
Maelstrom, Raging Waterfiend, level 142
Mazera, the Dark, level 148
Smoulders, the Revenger, level 152
Required[edit | edit source]
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Zamorak, Lord of Chaos, level 10,000
Map[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Players have a higher chance to receive rare drops if they are holding a Lucky charm (Zamorakian Undercity). A lucky charm is consumed every time it grants a rare drop.
- If the Elite dungeon chest is enabled, all drops will automatically be stored in the chest. If it is disabled, players have 20% chance of doubling drops.
- If players unlock the Elite dungeon chest upgrade, the chest will store all drops and allow all drops to have 20% chance of being doubled, including rare boss drops.
- Players can use Chaos die reroll token to re-roll rewards from Zamorak, Lord of Chaos.
Rare drops[edit | edit source]
The monsters inside the dungeon drop a variety of items, with the unique items being:
|Chaos relics||Can be low, high alched or disassembled.||N/A||All monsters|
|Crystal chaos||Can be disassembled for 5 Crystal parts.||N/A||All monsters|
|Living remnants||Can be disassembled for 3 Undead components.||N/A||All monsters|
|Zamorakian sigil||Can be disassembled for 3 Zamorak components.||N/A||All monsters|
|Codex of lost knowledge||Used to create codices for the Greater Sunshine and Greater Death's Swiftness abilities.||199,726,195||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Chaos Roar ability codex||Unlocks the Chaos Roar ability.||160,535,177||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Vestments of havoc hood||Tier 95 power armour with a unique set effect.||109,029,775||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Vestments of havoc robe top||Tier 95 power armour with a unique set effect.||435,838,855||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Vestments of havoc robe bottom||Tier 95 power armour with a unique set effect.||412,761,017||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Vestments of havoc boots||Tier 95 power armour with a unique set effect.||181,199,990||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Top of the Last Guardian's bow||A component used to create the Bow of the Last Guardian.||762,368,334||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Divine bowstring||A component used to create the Bow of the Last Guardian.||761,449,608||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Bottom of the Last Guardian's bow||A component used to create the Bow of the Last Guardian.||760,853,681||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Jewels of Zamorak||Unlocks the boss pet, Zammo the Rak.||N/A||Zamorak, Lord of Chaos|
|Sliver of pain||Material used to create enchantment.||N/A||All monsters|
|Sliver of power||Material used to create enchantment.||N/A||All monsters|
|Sliver of strength||Material used to create enchantment.||N/A||All monsters|
|Archaeology Journal - H.F.A||A Lore book.||N/A||Berserk Archaeologist|
|Zamorakian title scroll (acolyte)||Unlocks the Acolyte [Name] title.||25,000,000|
|Zamorakian title scroll (hierophant)||Unlocks the Hierophant [Name] title.||25,000,000|
|Zamorakian title scroll (high priestess/high priest)||Unlocks the High Priest / Priestess [Name] title.||25,000,000||Denizen of Infernus|
|Zamorakian title scroll (the witch)||Unlocks the [Name], the Witch title.||51,958,428||Eterna, Ritual Leader|
Common drops[edit | edit source]
The following table has a chance to get rolled on for boss monsters and mini-bosses, and a chance for other monsters when holding a Lucky charm (Zamorakian Undercity):
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Sliver of pain||1–5||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sliver of power||1–5||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sliver of strength||1–5||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Hydrix bolt tips||16–60||Unknown||107,840-404,400||96,000-360,000|
If the above table is not rolled, a reward from the following table is given:
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Chaos relic (common)||1||Common||5,000||5,000|
|Chaos relic (uncommon)||1||Uncommon||25,000||25,000|
|Chaos relic (rare)||1||Rare||1,000,000||1,000,000|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1 (noted)||Unknown||9,061||1|
|Grimy marrentill||1–2 (noted)||Common||2,007-4,014||1-2|
|Grimy lantadyme||1 (noted)||Common||7,324||1|
|Grimy toadflax||1 (noted)||Unknown||3,868||1|
|Grimy torstol||1 (noted)||Unknown||7,172||1|
|Huge bladed rune salvage||5||Unknown||185,335||200,000|
|Large blunt rune salvage||1–2 (noted); 3–4; 17||Unknown||28,996-492,932||32,000-544,000|
|Small plated mithril salvage||3–12 (noted)||Unknown||2,373-9,492||3,600-14,400|
|Dragon scale dust||3 (noted)||Unknown||3,165||93|
|Loop half of a key||1–5||Unknown||10,196-50,980||1-5|
|Tooth half of a key||1–5||Unknown||10,160-50,800||1-5|
|Phasmatite stone spirit||10; 30||Unknown||2,580-7,740||Not alchemisable|
|Dark animica stone spirit||15||Unknown||7,590||Not alchemisable|
|Wine of Zamorak||2–3||Unknown||2,672-4,008||2-3|
|Super attack (1)||1||Unknown||324||54|
|Super strength (1)||1–8||Unknown||952-7,616||66-528|
|Super defence (1)||1–8||Unknown||2,057-16,456||79-632|
|Super magic potion (1)||1–5||Unknown||3,097-15,485||90-450|
|Super ranging potion (1)||1–5||Unknown||3,503-17,515||86-430|
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
Some achievements can be done in both story mode and normal mode, some only in normal mode.
There are 22 achievements in this group.
|Are You Winning, Zam? I||Defeat Zamorak at 50% enrage in a solo encounter.||5|
|Are You Winning, Zam? II||Defeat Zamorak at 100% enrage in a solo encounter.||10|
|Are You Winning, Zam? III||Defeat Zamorak at 250% enrage in a solo encounter.||15|
|Are You Winning, Zam? IV||Defeat Zamorak at 500% enrage in a solo encounter.||20|
|Are You Winning, Zam? V||Defeat Zamorak at 750% enrage in a solo encounter.||25|
|Are You Winning, Zam? VI||Defeat Zamorak at 1,000% enrage in a solo encounter.||30|
|By Three They Come||Offer up three sets of bones to a sacrificial altar.||5|
|Conqueror of Chaos||Complete 25 clears of The Zamorakian undercity. (X/25)||0|
|Don't Go Wondering Down Dark Alleys Alone||Defeat every miniboss inside the Zamorakian Undercity.||20|
|How Do You Do, Fellow Demon||Use a Greater Demon Mask on the Denizen of Infernus.||5|
|IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!||Kill Smoulders whilst using a waterfiend familiar.||5|
|The Infernal Sauce||Find and follow the recipe for the Infernal Sauce.||5|
|The Red Wedding||Take a part in a Zamorakian wedding ceremony inside the chaos church. Requires a preacher with an unholy book, and at least two participants with the Retribution prayer active.||5|
|The Zamorakian Undercity||Complete all of the listed achievements.||50|
|You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog||Kill Cerberus Juvenile whilst using a hellhound familiar.||5|
|Zamo-whacked I||Defeat Zamorak (X/5)||5|
|Zamo-whacked II||Defeat Zamorak (X/10)||5|
|Zamo-whacked III||Defeat Zamorak (X/25)||5|
|Zamo-whacked IV||Defeat Zamorak (X/50)||5|
|Zamo-whacked V||Defeat Zamorak (X/75)||5|
|Zamo-whacked VI||Defeat Zamorak (X/100)||5|
|Zamorak, Lord of Chaos||Defeat Zamorak (X/1)||0|
Feats[edit | edit source]
There are 5 achievements in this group.
|Lord of Chaos (Gold)||Obtained by defeating the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter at 4,000% enrage.||0|
|Lord of Chaos (Silver)||Obtained by defeating the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter at 2,000% enrage.||0|
|Wrath of Chaos (Gold)||Obtained by defeating the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos at 4,000% enrage solo.||0|
|Wrath of Chaos (Silver)||Obtained by defeating the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos at 2,000% enrage solo.||0|
|Wrath of Chaos||Obtained by defeating the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter at 500% enrage solo.||0|
Pre-release[edit | edit source]
Following the events of Extinction, Zamorak was already known to have planned his own conquest of Gielinor and was teased as the final boss of the Elder God Wars Dungeon sometime afterwards. This was further confirmed with Twilight of the Gods, which also gave the ability to obtain Chaos die reroll tokens from the other four bosses in preparation for his arrival.
On 20 June 2022, Zamorak's demons began invading Gielinor as a pre-release teaser, giving more chaos die reroll tokens and introducing the Sliver of pain, Sliver of power and Sliver of strength, which would be used in the future when the dungeon was released.
On 24 June 2022, a teaser was broadcast in-game with Zamorak giving his ultimatum to the people of Gielinor, with the lone exception of the World Guardian, whom he threatened personally instead. At the same time, two black knights visited Bob in his store in Lumbridge to demand weapons from him, saying Saradomin had failed, but Bob refused to support their cause.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
On Gielinor, I built a mighty empire in the name of the dark god Zaros. But he and I did not share the same vision for the future. Where I saw freedom, he saw only control. My people, once warriors, became priests. Bureaucrats. Sanitation engineers. To win their freedom, I struck down a god. To safeguard it, I became one.
On Infernus, I led a downtrodden people to victory. Hostilius, a corpulent monster grown fat and indolent, maintained order through rules and laws. His laws did as little to protect him as his skin did. I strung up his corpse as a message for all to see. Such is the fate of all tyrants. The Avernic demons, now free, serve me willingly.
Back on Gielinor, pretenders picked over the remains of my empire. For an age I battled them. An age of strife, of progress, of glory. While I fought on, none could establish the safety, the security, that they so craved. For an age, Gielinor was truly free. But they conspired against me, and I was banished.
In my long absence, this world has become weak. Saradomin's fingers are wrapped tightly around its throat, suffocating it. My demon army will make short work of its farmers, woodcutters and fishermen. The survivors will be stronger. They will have no choice. Gielinor's people will be free, or they will die. Liberty or death.
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Environments[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|The Zamorakian Undercity|
|Developer||Mod Sponge, Mod Ramen, Mod Luma, Mod Asherz, Mod Shogun, Mod Raven, Mod Erator|
|Design||Mod Sponge, Mod Ramen, Mod Ryan, Mod Breezy|
|Editing||Mod William, Mod Jack|
|Art & Graphics|
|Characters||Mod Dragon, Mod JT|
|Environments||Mod Blkwitch, Mod Alex, Mod Djinn|
|Animation||Mod Wing, Mod Paul B, Mod Haku|
|Concept||Mod BakingaZ, Mod Neil|
|Animation outsource||Balisti Studios|
|Quality assurance||Mod Breezy, Mod Forza, Mod Giara|
|Audio||Mod Grace, Mod Lord, Mod Kasia|
|Web support||Mod Flux, Mod Allstar, Mod Chef, Mod Ulus, Mod Pangoloss, Mod Janmic, Mod Corpse, Mod Eamir, Mod Dzaitsev, Mod Bobrova, Mod Shaulsk|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 August 2022 (Update):
- Made changes to the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos rare drop table to incentivise pushing higher enrages:
- Rare drop chance now increases further with boss enrage.
- Bow piece chance also increases with boss enrage.
- During Phase 7 of the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter, the Chaos Demon(s) that spawn into Infernus could be used to negate the damage done by the attack itself. This should no longer occur.
- Completing a Zamorak, Lord of Chaos kill at 2000% enrage now unlocks the Chaos Witch Master outfit, rather than the Chaos Witch Adept outfit.
- The completion of the boss collection log now broadcasts correctly.
- Made changes to the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos rare drop table to incentivise pushing higher enrages:
- ninja 18 July 2022 (Update):
- Adjusted Zamorak's common drop table:
- Adjusted the weighting of rares on Zamorak's drop table:
- Chaos Roar ability codices are less common.[source needed]
- Bow pieces are more common.[source needed]
- Players will now be awarded more common loot and higher chances at rare drops for Zamorak when running the Elite Dungeon.
- Any summoned monster during The Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon will now show '(summoned)' on their name, to differentiate between summoned monsters and standard monsters.
- Completing The Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon will now progress Daily Dungeoneering challenges. Story Mode will still not count towards daily challenge progress.
- Following feedback, changes have been made to the way group enrage works for The Zamorakian Undercity encounter:
- Enrage is now shared between groups of 2-5 players, meaning your highest Enrage will be applied to every group size.
- Messaging has been updated at the end of a Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter to clearly state the highest enrage you have achieved.
- Solo enrage is tracked separately and remains unchanged.
- When you next log in, your enrages from groups of 2-5 will be looked at by the system and the highest amount will be taken. A chatbox message will appear to inform you of this.
- During the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos fight, if you are within Infernus, you will now hear Zamorak's voice over:
- If you are in a solo encounter, you will hear the voice over from the Decimate attack.
- If you are in a group encounter, you'll hear all of the voice over whilst inside Infernus.
- To avoid any confusion when trying to enter a Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon with loot to claim, the following change has been made:
- A new interface will appear when clicking the chest, allowing players to choose between collecting dungeon loot or boss loot.
- Following feedback, the amount of Soul Reaper kills given out for a Zamorak, Lord of Chaos task has been brought in-line with other Elite Dungeon boss tasks.
- Reduced Soul Reaper task of 1-4 (2-8 extended) to 1-3 (2-6 extended).
- If you have Freedom Mode unlocked for The Zamorakian Undercity, using the Zamorak teleport will now place you directly inside the arena, rather than outside the portal.
- If the boss fight has already started, you will not be able to teleport into the arena.
- Added a quick chat option for Zamorak kills and highest enrage.
- When wearing the vestments of havoc armour set, the buff icon for the Berserk ability will now correctly last for 26 seconds, rather than 20 seconds.
- During the Infernal Tomb mechanic in the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos fight, the Chaos Demon will now spawn in facing east (towards the portal), rather than south.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Zamorak to appear in an incorrect location during phase seven of the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos boss fight.
- The Inner Chaos buff is now cleared after killing Zamorak and teleporting away from the boss arena.
- Whilst in Infernus during the Zamorakian Undercity Elite Dungeon, the 'Escape' option on the portals didn't actually do anything. Now, you will be able to leave the dungeon completely, as intended.
- The players will no longer be stalled when Eterna teleports.
- Fixed an issue where wearing the vestments of havoc armour would show the incorrect amount of player adrenaline when a piece of the outfit was removed.
- Fixed an issue with clickbox size of the portals within The Zamorakian Undercity.
- The Worst Witch's grimoire achievement is now required for the master quest cape.
- Finding and reading Archaeology Journal - H.F.A now awards the Madness and Malediction achievement.
- Added Madness and Malediction as a requirement for the master quest cape.
- Zamorak, Lord of Chaos is now correctly displayed on the grim gem.
- Corrected a typo from "The Zamorkian Undercity" to "The Zamorakian Undercity" option in the Elite Dungeon chest teleportation UI.
- Signature drop animation changed from red flames on character to green spores to be more visually seen, as the red flames blended with the arena's ground texture.
- hotfix :
- Fixed an issue where Zamorak's red bar would reset in phase 7 at 1500+ enrage.
- hotfix 5 July 2022:
- Reduced scaling of monsters' life points in enrage mode by 66%.
- hotfix 4 July 2022:
- Story Mode damage reduction is now correctly applying (90% reduction vs Normal Mode)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the player had a Elite Dungeon in progress upon the release of The Zamorakian Undercity, the progress was lost as notified with the login message
- On the wall of one of the cells in Avernic Prison a picture of Zamorak may be seen. This picture is one that one of the environment artists for the dungeon, Mod Blkwitch, shared before the release of the dungeon.
- Once the player manages to restore the Edicts of Guthix by defeating Zamorak, the illuminated Guthixian Runes, when read east-to-west, are as follows: . When transliterated, these runes spell the word "BEHAVE." Additionally, these runes match those etched into the original Sword of Edicts, which is visible at the centre of the encounter in Forinthry.
- Originally the elite dungeon consisted of three different sections, the Senntisten Undercity as one entire section, with the portal in the Church of Chaos leading into Infernus, which connected between Senntisten and the Infernal Source. The latter two sections were later scrapped due to being considered a "waste" of time with the dungeon skip option.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 05 07 2022. (Archived from the original on 18 July 2022.) RuneScape: "We've discovered the Zamorak Elite Dungeon Skip - unlocked at 25 kills - works at any accessible Enrage rather than only Enrages with a full run completed. To ensure a fair World's First Race, we've decided this won't be fixed and to get the word out to all players. Good luck!"
- ^ At the time of the release of the Zamorakian Undercity and the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter, the prerequisite of having defeated Zamorak at 250% enrage in order to select a custom enrage for the encounter (in excess of 250%) was not functioning as intended. As of 5 July 2022, the RuneScape team has decided to allow this bypass mechanic to remain in the live game pending review at a later date.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Blkwitch's Twitter account. 26 April 2022. (Archived from the original on 7 July 2022.) Mod Blkwitch: "So... you think you can take him? 😏 I recently rediscovered the absolute joy of fanart and painting whatever I feel like and what better time to share this than now 🤣"
|Elite Dungeon Reward Shop|