|Release date||29 September 2008 (Update)|
|Main music||The Ruins of Camdozaal|
|Connected quests||Defender of Varrock|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Camdozaal is a ruined cavern which was once the hall of the Imcando dwarves. It is located inside Ice Mountain and can be accessed during and after the Defender of Varrock quest. It is entered through the hole on the northern side of the mountain where the Oracle is located, which the player uncovers during the quest.
A light source is required in Camdozaal. Without one, biting insects will attack, constantly hitting for 10 points of damage until crawling out of the cave. The insects cannot be fought and protection Prayers do not affect them.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Use Lassar Teleport to arrive directly on top of Ice Mountain
- Use a Combat bracelet to teleport to Edgeville Monastery then walk south-west to Ice Mountain
- Use a Skull sceptre to teleport to Gunnarsgrunn and then walk west to the mountain
- Use the Wicked hood to teleport to the body altar, then walk a short way north-west
- Use Edgeville lodestone teleport and head south-west through the Edgeville Monastery and continue west to Ice Mountain
Features[edit | edit source]
- Camdozaal is inhabited by Ramarno
- The Sacred Forge survived the ruin of the hall. This forge is magical and is sacred to the Imcando Dwarves. Events in the Defender of Varrock quest suggest this Forge was used to make the Shield of Arrav.
- Contains four Material caches of Goldrune (requires 20 Archaeology)
History[edit | edit source]
Camdozaal was a crucial centre for the Imcando dwarves. The hall was destroyed by barbarians during the Runecrafting Crusades, as the barbarians feared the use of magic like the superheating of ore spell the dwarves were using. The collapse of the hall killed many Imcando dwarves, and all but one of the survivors then fled the hall. Blind Ramarno stayed in the ruins to tend The Sacred Forge. He survives on the water and fish from the pool that connects to the outside world. The dwarf that fled was Thurgo, the Imcando that makes Sir Vyvin's sword in the Knight's Sword quest.
It seems that most of the Imcando dwarves perished during the destruction of the hall. After the hall was ruined, many people throughout Gielinor believed that all Imcando Dwarves died. In recent times, two survivors have been found, Thurgo and Ramarno.
At the moment, there are two rubble-filled tunnels leading to the south and west. The tunnels are inaccessible.
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 'Zaal' is the Dutch word for 'hall' or 'large room.'
- It is possible that Camdozaal is based on the massive, underground city of the dwarves, Khazad-dûm. Khazad-dûm is from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.