Kerapac flying off to Orthen
Orthen, which means "first city" in the language of the Dragonkin according to Charos, is a city on Anachronia. It is the first home of the Dragonkin on Gielinor. Not much is currently known about it, except that Kerapac's first laboratory is located there and that he needs something located on Orthen, possibly something called the crucible, to save all life in the universe by sacrificing all life on Gielinor. Kerapac retreated to Orthen after the quest Desperate Times flying east from the peninsula where the Needle was located, west of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. It appears to predate Guthix's arrival to Gielinor, and is so old that at least one dragonkin believed it to be a myth.
- ^ Jagex. RuneFest Day 2! - Twitch. 5 October 2019. "Anachronia isn't Orthen, but Orthen is on Anachronia. Orthen is a city on Anachronia." During the Lore Q&A section at RuneFest 2019.
- ^ Jagex. RuneFest Day 2! - Twitch. 5 October 2019. "Orthen. The first home of the Dragonkin on Gielinor." During the RuneScape Keynote section at RuneFest 2019.
- ^ Kerapac, "Desperate Times", RuneScape. "They are from long long ago. My first laboratory on Orthen."
- ^ Kerapac, "Desperate Times", RuneScape. "Orthen is real and it's time I returned. There is something I need there. Something that will save us all."
- ^ Kerapac, "Desperate Times", RuneScape. "That is why I must return to Orthen. Why I must restore the crucible."
- ^ Kerapac, "Desperate Times", RuneScape. "To save all life in the universe, the lives of one world is a fair trade."
- ^ Player, "Desperate Times", RuneScape. "He escaped, with the Needle, to an island to the north east. Somewhere they called 'Orthen'." Even though the cutscene says Kerapac flew east, the quest dialogue says north east. Both seem to be correct, as the cutscene references the direction Kerapac flew from the desolate forest west of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony, while the quest dialogue references the direction from Burthorpe Castle where the dialogue takes place.
- ^ Vicendithas, "Desperate Times", RuneScape. "Orthen? But...that's a myth isn't it? From times before even the green stone toucher arrived?"