Patch Notes (1 November 2014)
These Patch Notes were announced on 1 November 2014.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
Please note that some of today's updates are listed in the Patch Week news post.
- The exterior chimney for the Broken Home mansion has regained its texturing.
- Several animation tweaks have been made to the Broken Home environments.
- Particle trails are now hidden when performing the Pulled Away emote.
- Several message boards and scrolls around RuneScape have been updated to use a new interface.
- Ghost Gravingas now has a more ghost-like face.
- The memorial fountain in Lumbridge now has the water icon on the minimap and world map.
- A graphical issue with the Draynor Market stalls has been fixed.
- Objects no longer float when dropped near stairs on the top floor of the Observatory.
- Several graphical issues with Items Kept On Death interface have been fixed.
- Constructor's garb no longer dislocates the player's arm when holding two-handed weapons.
- A stretching issue on the icicle crown has been fixed.
- The skin tone of several NPCs across the game has been fixed.
- An unreachable tile near Maggie's camp has been fixed.
- It is no longer possible to walk on lava in the celestial dragon resource dungeon.
- Third-Age platelegs no longer stretch in combat when worn with the dragon off-hand crossbow.
- Bloom has been toned down for fishbowl variants.
- A map icon has been added for the level 34 Agility shortcut in Brimhaven Dungeon.
- Bloom has been toned down on the portals inside the Chaos Tunnels.
- A house near the Varrock museum has had its window shutters repaired.
- Reldo will no longer lean too far forward when talking about the Tail of Two Cats quest.
- The tree stump model for the tree next to Draynor Bank has been updated.
- Stretching issues with the megaleather body have been fixed.
- Several small graphical fixes have been made at the waterfall base at the Ape Atoll agility course.
- The prosecutor from King's Ransom has had a transparent line across the face fixed.
- Off-hand dragon scimitars and off-hand adamant throwing axes have had their inventory icons centred.
- A farming icon has been added to the world and minimap for the Canifis mushroom patch.
- Bloom has been toned down on glacor boots.
- A graphical issue with the ladder in the Edgeville General Store has been fixed.
- Bloom has been toned down for void spinner familiars.
- Blue Opal banners in the Red Axe palace have been replaced with Red Axe ones.
- Ican Haz and Lola Wut's models and death cutscenes have been fixed.
- Gobby Demon now uses newer demon graphics.
- The kalphite worker in Love Story now uses the new kalphite graphics.
- The kalphite soldier in player-owned houses has been updated.
- Spirit kalphites now have new graphics.
- Sleeping Veldaban in Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf has been updated to use new dwarf graphics.
- Elder tree textures have been adjusted to make the tree appear less pixelated.
- Height mapping on certain areas adjacent to Pyramid Plunder has been adjusted, so it no longer obscures the player's view.
- The inventory model for the incomplete Kaigi's journal has been tweaked.
- It's no longer possible to clip through a tree in the high-level Wilderness.
- Corrected the world map, clan citadel and dungeoneering map icons in Legacy mode.
- Fixed an issue with the animation going through dense forest.
- Seagulls no longer fly through the ground next to Taverley Bank.
- Thaki the delivery dwarf no longer has a see-through leg.
- Obert's chathead now fits inside the chathead circle.
- The Brown Engine secretary is no longer missing a chair.
- The Black Guard chathead is no longer missing a jaw/beard.
- Dondakan the dwarf now has an idle animation.
- Kamen no longer has a brown hair patch.
- Fixed the chat head model of the Silver Cog director in Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
- Corrected a coordinate for a Treasure Trail clue based on Musa Point.
- Trying to dismiss a crew member on a voyage will now produce a message stating that they cannot be dismissed.
- Marinated jogre bones and celebration cakes will no longer stall damage in Duel Arena.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
- Extending and re-rolling of Daily Challenges with vis wax have had their costs re-balanced.
- Elvarg's combat level in the Dragon Slayer quest journal has been corrected.
- A spelling error in the Blood Pact quest has been corrected.
- Melzar the Mad is no longer in a rush to tell players about tea and custard.
- It's no longer possible to start Fairy Tale Part 3 without having completed Fairy Tale Part 2.
- A typo in the Mighty Fall quest journal has been corrected.
- Players will no longer receive a task complete popup if they also had a task info window appear when completing a task.
- Players no longer are able to repeat non-combat Basic Challenges for extra rewards.
- Slightly buffed ghost hunter tier 1 armour to match pathfinder armour's defence bonuses.
- Two-handed weapons will now receive the correct strength bonus compared to one-handed weapons.
- Cockatrices once again deal the correct amount of damage.
- Players who have reset their skills will now receive Defence/Prayer/Constitution experience rewards where applicable.
- Accounts which do not have the expected skill levels after completing certain quests will now have those quest rewards locked until the expected skill levels are reached.
- Combat dummies can no longer be placed in the safe zone past the Wilderness wall.
- A typo on the Kharidian headpiece and disguise has been fixed.
- A spelling mistake in the Dungeoneering rewards shop has been fixed.
- An issue with locked action bars in the Combat Academy has been resolved.
- A typo on crystal teleport seeds' examine text has been fixed.
- Several camera issues previously experienced when climbing up to the Burthorpe beacon have now been fixed.
- The Jungle Hunt music track will no longer unlock in the wrong location.
- Green dragonhide armour and Treasure Trail dragonhide armour now have ranged requirements consistent with other tiers.
- Interacting with a spirit graahk, kyatt or larupia familiar via the summoning icon will now work as expected.
- Rings of life will now correctly trigger at 10% life points.
- Teleporting a full urn now states which stat the player is gaining XP in.
- Fixed issue with lighting fires around the bank in Lletya.
- There is now a 'close' tooltip on most close buttons.
- Obtaining the 'Final Boss' title will now broadcast to other players.
- You can now set buy and sell thresholds in shops to determine whether you'll be warned when buying or selling high-valued items.
- NPCs that use ranged attacks throughout the game will now use their bow in the correct hand.