Quick guide for Shield of Arrav
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Reldo, the Varrock palace librarian.|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
The gangs[edit | edit source]
The Phoenix Gang[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Reldo and ask about the Phoenix Gang.
- Talk to Baraek who is located in the north-east of Varrock square, and give him 10 coins. Ask him every question available.
- Travel to the Phoenix Gang Hideout which is located south of Aubury's Rune Shop. It will be marked by a dungeon link to the Misthalin Underground on the map.
- Climb down the ladder.
- Talk to Straven and ask to join. Tell him you know who he is.
- Go to the Blue Moon Inn which is just north of Varrock's southern entrance.
- Kill Jonny the beard.
- Grab the report he drops.
- Talk to Straven.
- Look in the weapons chest in the south-west corner of the hideout to get one half of the Shield of Arrav.
- After climbing back up the ladder, enter the 2nd doors east of the Phoenix Gang Hideout and go up the ladder there.
- Pick up the two Phoenix crossbows on the floor, you will need these for the next gang.
The Black Arm Gang[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Charlie the Tramp located just north of Varrock's southern entrance. Ask him what's down the alley.
- Follow the alley to the west and enter the building.
- Talk to Katrine. Tell her you know about the gang (you can choose any option for the source). Ask her what to do to prove trustworthiness.
- Talk to Katrine again to give her the crossbows.
- Head north and go upstairs and search the cupboard on the south-eastern wall for a half of the Shield of Arrav.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 1,200 coins
- If you are a member, you can talk to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum to receive 5 kudos and an antique lamp that gives 1,000 experience in a skill of level 20 or above.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Shield of Arrav is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dimension of Disaster: Defender of Varrock
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Glorious Memories
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Legends' Quest
- Love Story
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Royal Trouble
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Throne of Miscellania
- While Guthix Sleeps
|Part 1 of the Arrav quest series|