Not to be confused with Ava
Eva Lovelace is an architect and engineer who has appeared in several time-limited events since first appearing in Breaking the Storm as well as the Once Upon a Slime quest.
During Breaking the Storm, Eva worked on the boat construction site. She was also the lead botanist and head of magical research. However, it is unknown how competent she is, as she wasn't being paid. She was responsible for the Enchanted Trees, but advised adventurers to keep some water handy in case of spontaneous combustion.
She also invented an alerter to track down the fragments of a powerful ward. She handed the alerter to players in order to locate the various fragments hidden around the Varrock Dig Site. Should the alerter, crest fragments, or stormbreaker crest be lost, they could be reclaimed from Eva.
In phase 3 of the event, she could be seen tinkering with the boat engine with Invention.
Eva made an appearance during the Summer Skill Off, representing the Runecrafting skill. Players could interact with Eva's Runecrafting Workbench to gain Runecrafting experience and apply votes for the Runecrafting skill during the event.
Eva returned for the Winter Chill Off event, in charge of the Divination hole activity representing the Divination skill.
Eva helps the player with shrinking the giant top hat to a regular size top hat with her Shrinking Machine. After the quest players can talk to her to unlock the King Slime's Top Hat override.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- Her name is a reference to Ada Lovelace, a British writer and mathematician.
- She is wearing a lab coat top and legs, suggesting she has experience with Invention.
- ^ Eva, "Breaking the Storm", RuneScape. "Where are my manners? I'm Eva Lovelace, architect and engineer for this project. And the lead botanist. Oh, and head of magical research."
- ^ Mr. Mordaut, "Breaking the Storm", RuneScape. "She was willing to work for free."
- ^ Eva, "Breaking the Storm", RuneScape. "These botanical beauties were magically enhanced by yours truly. They grow as quickly as you can chop them. I'm very pleased with these latest specimens. They haven't caught fire once."
- ^ Eva, "Breaking the Storm", RuneScape. "Looks like I might have finally fixed those strange spontaneous combustion issues. But you may want to keep some water on hand, just in case."
- ^ Mr. Mordaut, "Breaking the Storm", RuneScape. "We will need to infuse the hull with powerful wards if our vessel is to have any chance of breaching the stormwall surrounding Fossil Island. We've uncovered something which may be able to help - fragments of a powerful ancient crest that lie scattered across this dig site. Eva claims to have created a device capable of locating these fragments."