Sir Vyvin is a ranked White Knight officer, situated on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of the White Knights' Castle in Falador, in the room above Sir Renitee. He runs the White Knight Master Armoury, selling armour to White Knights, with the stock dependent upon the buyer's rank within the organisation. He also leads the team of guards in the Heist minigame, acting as a tutor or salesman. He retired from active duty sometime after the War of 164, but resumed his role after the Invasion of Falador by the Kinshra.
In the Year 164 of the Fifth Age, he served as an advisor to Sir Amik Varze on matters such as the beast attacking travellers and the aggression of the Kinshra under Lord Sulla. When the Kinshra set up camp north of Falador during the Siege of Falador, he was part of an 800-strong cavalry charge sent out to deal with them. However, the Kinshra were prepared, having received word through their agent among the White Knights, Sir Finistere. Roughly 100 knights survived the attack by the Kinshra and goblins, including Sir Vyvin, who lost his eye to a berserker.
He has a blurite sword, an heirloom passed down through five generations of Vyvins, stored in Lumbridge. At one point, he sent his Squire Asrol to retrieve it for a parade, but it ended up getting lost. Asrol had the sword replaced, with Vyvin being none the wiser about the mishap. At some point he commissioned the master smith Linza to make him a sword, preferring her work over dwarven smiths.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Sir Vyvin's examine now has the appropriate grammar.
- The Message of the Week from 14 June to 20, 2009 Wise Old Man states that Sir Vyvin is still the longest lived White Knight. This is probably a joke at his name, a pun on "surviving".
- During the Cryptic Clue Fest III, he says: "Do you think the eyes of the White City are blind? I have seen more than you know." This is a direct reference to Denethor, Steward of Gondor whose seat is in Minas Tirith (also known as the White City) who says the same thing.
- His previous examine was "A retired white knight", but was changed after the Falador rework.
- ^ Squire Asrol, "The Knight's Sword", RuneScape. "The thing is, this sword is a family heirloom. It has been passed down trough Vyvin's family for five generations!"
- ^ Squire Asrol, "The Knight's Sword", RuneScape. "No. I was carrying it for him all the way from where he had it stored in Lumbridge. It must have slipped from my pack during the trip, and you know what people are like these days… someone will have just picked it up and kept it for themselves."
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "The one I'm making? It's for Sir Vyvin of the White Kinghts of Falador. He knows the odd thing or two about armour and smithing, wanted to make use of my expertise."