|Release date||19 December 2016 (Update)|
Mount Firewake, Kethsi
|Examine||You won't like them when they're angry.|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
History[edit | edit source]
His scribblings show some of his past and the unstable relationship he has with his father. When he asked for room in his father's fortress for experimentation, he was given the basement, much to his annoyance. He stole a vial of his father's blood and a white dragon egg to conduct his first experiment, with Kerapac pinning the blame on Forcae when he found they were missing. 
With the vial of blood and the egg, he infused it with elven crystal and created a crystalline dragon, calling it his own "daughter". The dragon offspring impressed him as he noted her quick maturity and intelligence growth. He put her in an observation area that is now the present-day edimmu resource dungeon. One day, he was shocked when he found the dragon had matured into an adolescent with six eggs that she inseminated herself. He had hoped for the eggs to hatch into crystalline dragons but was surprised when the eggs hatched into a new species of dragon. The offspring were embedded with onyx, hydrix, and an unknown gem that had never been found before. He decided to call the unknown substance "dragonstone" in honour of his daughter.
Eventually, Kerapac came down and saw the dragon and her offspring. He was impressed by her ability to change sexes at will and demanded to have it along with a few eggs. Vicendithas viewed this equal to dissecting and refused. Fearing for both his creation and her offspring, whom he had come to see as family, he opted to hide them from Kerapac. He hid her offspring in an ancient cavern with precious stones and personally hid his daughter in a location that only he knows of, adamantly refusing to let Kerapac have her.
Sometime after this, Kerapac invited Vicendithas to work for him along with Phalaks in order to create a dragon strong enough to seal or destroy Kranon. Vicendithas looked forward to this as an opportunity to mend his relationship with his father but found to his disappointment that Kerapac had not changed since the last time they had met.
Unlike the other dragonkin who treated their creations as mere tools for research, Vicendithas is more partial to dragons, being the only one to show sentiment, much to the disapproval of his peers. He believes that if they had been treated with respect, their results wouldn't have been disappointing. He is also responsible for naming the first celestial dragon, giving it the name Astellarn. He had intended to euthanize her when she returned to the laboratory to end her suffering  but was unable to do so as Kerapac had sealed it after one of his experiments went out of control.
He later appears in Sliske's Endgame as part of his father's entourage alongside Esskon, Skalekith, Torkuss, and Kalethax. They attempted to sabotage the game with little success, doing minor structural damage to some walls within the maze.
In one of Kerapac's memories during Desperate Times, Vicendithas is seen arguing with him, inquiring about the veracity of Orthen's existence. Upon learning that his father intends to sacrifice Gielinor's anima to permanently put the Elder Gods to sleep at the cost of all life on the planet, Vicendithas voices his opposition to the plan.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Vicendithas, "Vicendithas' Scribblings", RuneScape. "I heard Kerapac screeching that his vial of blood and his egg had been stolen; of course, Forcae was to blame! The air turns blue when his name is brought up around Kerapac, as such I wasn't even a suspect."
- ^ "Vicendithas' Scribblings", RuneScape. "Hydrix, Onyx and a new... strange, beautiful purple stone that I am yet to discover in the natural wild; by discovery I will name it 'dragonstone' after it's perfect mother."
- ^ Vicendithas, "Vicendithas' Scribblings", RuneScape. "But my child, my perfect first born I have taken her with me. Only I know where I have taken her. I will not allow Kerapac to find her..."
- ^ Vicendithas, "Dragonkin research", RuneScape. "He continues his old sanitised practices to create a strong, bestial monster and gets a weakened runt of a being, the stone-implants only acting as a wound upon it, blunting the creature's life. I feel really sorry for it. My child, which I have raised with love and care is flourishing. Her crystals hum and she glows with strength."
- ^ Vicendithas, "Dragonkin research", RuneScape. "Phalaks will claim I released it in compassion but he is a lying snake that can't keep a grasp on his own projects. Worry not, Astellarn will return when she finds herself too lost, here is all she knows as home. And don't worry, I know I must euthanise her once she does return, to end her suffering if nothing else. A little kindness might stop those around you from fighting against you or running away. You should learn this, Kerapac, if only that you might save some of your precious time."
- ^ Vicendithas, "Desperate Times", RuneScape. "I found your notes father. You can't do this!
Kerapac: Of course I can. I must. For the good of all kin.
Vicendithas: And what of the others? Everyone on this planet will die!
Kerapac: There is always sacrifice in war. Always casualties. But they breed quickly these races. The ones offworld will replace their numbers soon enough. To save all life in the universe, the lives of one world is a fair trade. We can no longer be chained by useless morality. It is time for this war to end, once and for all."
|Part 6 of the Sliske quest series|