Verac the Defiled
|Verac the Defiled|
|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|• A vengeful spirit corrupted by dark magic.|
• He looks fine.
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|52 / 35 / 17|
6 ticks (3.6s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Verac's set effect: Verac's Defilement, allows Verac's hits to have a chance to ignore the player's armour bonuses in a similar fashion to a player wearing a full set of Verac's equipment. This effect does not trigger any animations or sound effects, so players should monitor their life points carefully. Protect from Melee/Deflect Melee is advised when attacking Verac to lower his overall max hit.
History[edit | edit source]
Early History[edit | edit source]
Like his older brothers, Verac lived and maintained a small farm with them. When Guthan told them to join the crusades, Verac agreed.
As with his older brothers, he disliked Commander Jaycliff, even admitting that he'd happily stab him even if he was alive.
2016 Easter event[edit | edit source]
During the 2016 Easter event, Verac the Defiled and his brothers play a role as the workers (bobble-numbskulls) of Sliske's chocolate factory. They resembled their bobble-head versions.
Kindred Spirits[edit | edit source]
During Kindred Spirits, Verac is subjected to torture in one of Sliske's "games", and he requests the World Guardian to release the Zamorak statue to shown his devotion to Saradomin. Ahrim and Dharok insist that he is a devout Saradominist, but the World Guardian sees through his lies and rips the Saradomin key from his body, revealing him to be a follower of Zamorak, much to his brothers' surprise.
Sliske's Endgame[edit | edit source]
Verac, along with his brothers, appeared in Sliske's Endgame, being the second intended wave in Sliske's attempts to destroy the World Guardian. However, the Barrows Brothers had managed to regain a modicum of control over their own actions, and chose to aid the World Guardian, attacking Sliske's wights and champions.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Verac does not drop his main rewards directly; instead, his equipment is added as possible rewards from the Barrows chest. See Barrows#Rewards for more information. However, Verac can directly drop the following items.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Ghost hunter goggles||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter body||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter legs||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter backpack||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ectoplasmator (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghostly essence (m)||1–2||Very rare||3,973-7,946||60-120|
|Deployable herb burner (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Cremation||1||1/1000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The right-click options on Barrows brothers spawned by other players have been removed.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Verac the Defiled is now affected by the Ghost Hunter armour's benefits.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Verac the Defiled's armour is based on the armour of "the Myrmillo", one of the five types of gladiators in ancient Rome. It has many resemblances, the most obvious of which being his brassard, single plated arm and fish-finned helm, a design based loosely among Roman legionaries. However, in contrast, the armoured plating is on his wrong arm for a Myrmillo.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Stu's Twitter account. 17 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 22 January 2019.) Mod Stu: "Had a look at the code: * It only drops on member worlds * Looks like a 1/1,000 drop chance, no modifiers * It just flags a variable and messages "You have unlocked the ability to burn bones on bonfires!", so it's easy to miss you've unlocked it"
|This template is about the Barrows brothers|