The Dorgesh-Kaan mine is used by the Dorgeshuun tribe of cave goblins. To access it, you must have completed The Lost Tribe quest. The mine can be accessed from the Lumbridge Castle cellar by going through the tunnel entrance and talking to or following Kazgar in the tunnel (the player could retrace the route followed during The Lost Tribe, but this is unnecessary and dangerous). The mine contains the entrance to Dorgesh-Kaan, the Dorgeshuun underground city and cave goblin guards and miners.
It is possible to enter the mine from Dorgesh-Kaan without a light source. It is even possible to navigate in the mine after doing this by using the darkened image provided. However, players attempting to do this will find themselves swarmed by cave insects that will damage them slowly but regularly (constant 10s, and these hits cannot be blocked by any form of defence, including Prayer) until they either light a light source, leave the mine, or die.
Iron and silver ore can be mined here, and can be sold to Mistag for a small amount of coins. However, it is more profitable to mine the ore, talk to Mistag, be taken to the entrance of the mine, bank the ore; preferably in the Culinaromancer's Chest, if Recipe for Disaster is partially completed, or in the Lumbridge bank on the third floor of the castle and then sell the ore on the Grand Exchange. Simply selling the ore to Mistag is recommended for those who care more about the experience, rather than the profit, as it is considerably faster.
Selling iron ore to Mistag gives 13.6 coins (rounded down) per ore, for a total of 380 coins for 28 ore. Selling on the Grand Exchange can give around 1,593 coins per ore, for a total of 44,604 coins for 28 ore.
Selling silver ore to Mistag yields 60 coins per ore, for a total of 1,680 coins for 28 ore. Selling on the Grand Exchange can give around 492 coins per ore, for a total of 13,776 coins for 28 ore.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- Added text to a blank examine box for falling rocks in the goblin mine.
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- It's no longer possible to attack through the walls of Dorgershuun mines using Ranged and Magic.
- patch 12 August 2008 (Update):
- Kazgar, Mistag and Dartog have been given right-click options so you can quickly ask them to guide you through the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. Elkoy, the guide from the Tree Gnome Village maze, has been given a similar option.
- From certain places on the east side of the mines, you can see the wall of the enchanting chamber featuring in the Mage Training Arena. This can be checked by randomly examining some places at the other side of the wall. It is possible to see most of the enchanting chamber with the orb of oculus. It is also possible to see part of the cave involved in Spirits of the Elid by going to the Dorgesh-Kaan door and looking south.