Sparkles the tinsel snake is a members-only pet that was obtained as an extra reward from the 2011 Christmas event. Players would be notified by Sedridor that an enchanted piece of decoration had been causing havoc in the kitchen and he told players that if they could catch it, they could keep it. Sparkles was located in the jars where the Christmas puddings were jumping. After a few tries, Sparkles would jump out of a jar and you needed to catch it.
Sparkles can also be obtained as part of the 2014 Christmas event, as a reward for handing in a line of 10 decorations in the Varrock Christmas tree event.
With the update on 15 October 2018, Sparkles was moved from being an item to the pets interface. This removed the item and unlocked the pet in the interface if the item was previously owned.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 10 June 2019 (Update):.
- Sparkles and Corgi pets now work correctly in F2P.
- When using Sparkles with a Wintumber tree, Sparkles will say "Don't even think about it sssssssssssssunshine!"
- When asked about its hat, Sparkles will state that it was stolen. The player assumes that it stole its hat from Santa Claus, which might not be true as all tinsel snakes sport Santa hats.
- If players put Sparkles in a toy box in their house and then go to a pet shop and ask if they have any strays, they will give players another Sparkles.
- If Sparkles is in a player's menagerie in their house they will receive another Sparkles upon handing in 10 decorations in the Varrock Christmas tree event.