|Release date||27 March 2007 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• What Lies Below|
|Location(s)||South of Varrock|
|Examine||A travelling trader.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Rat Burgiss is a member of the Varrock Palace Secret Guard. He is found south of Varrock, near the northern gate into the Al Kharid area. To find him, just home teleport to Varrock and follow the road south, he should be at a broken cart.
He is the starting point for the What Lies Below quest. If players do not have the requirements for the quest, Rat Burgiss will say that he is very busy and cannot chat. If players have the requirements to start the quest, he will ask the player to get his stolen papers back to full folder and deliver the Letter to Surok to Surok Magis in Varrock palace library.
Rat is also one of the three reward givers for the Varrock achievements, and he will give the easy reward to members.
Members who have completed the Easy section of the Varrock achievements have the option of talking to him and changing their Varrock Teleport to land at the south entrance of the Grand Exchange instead of the centre of Varrock Square.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 July 2020 (Update):
- Rat Burgiss' task reward dialogue about Scepter charges has been corrected.
- patch 21 April 2009 (Update):
- Rat Burgiss's beard was looking odd on his chathead. A quick trip to the Falador barber later, and his problem has been sorted.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In his cart, he has an apple, a sack, and a variety of blackjacks.
- His great uncle was a priest of Saradomin, and apparently told Rat stories of the church's war with the Dagon'hai as a child.
- Rat Burgiss is visible when playing on a free-to-play world but does not have any options to interact with him.