|Release date||13 February 2023 (Update)|
|Actions||Talk to, Trade, Planks, Building Status, Examine|
|Examine||The former Lumber Yard owner turned 'Manager of Blueprint papers'.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Bill is an architect, and the manager of blueprints at the Workshop in Fort Forinthry. He can also turn logs into planks for a fee, and runs the Construction Supplies shop. During New Foundations, players find him at the Grieving Vale, and rescue him from some armoured zombies. He subsequently helps establishing Fort Forinthry, appears at the Workshop once it built, and explains how it works and providing access to his old sawmill and stonecutter, which are used for making planks and stone wall segments.
He was previously known as the sawmill operator, and he owned the Lumber Yard. He still appears as the sawmill operator during a court case, Sawmill Man v. The People.
Convert wood to planks[edit source]
|Oak plank||250||Oak logs||801|
|Teak plank||500||Teak logs||−72|
|Mahogany plank||1,500||Mahogany logs||−588|
|Protean plank||5||Protean logs||N/A|
- ^ A maximum of 500 logs can be converted each time.
Special logs[edit source]
Special teak logs and special mahogany logs can be brought to Bill and either sold (1,300 coins for teak logs, and 3,900 for mahogany) or exchanged for alternative conversion of regular logs in your inventory into planks without coins. The alternative conversion requires two of the same type of special log, which can be supplied as bank notes:
- Two special teak logs can be used to convert up to 27 teak logs into teak planks.
- Two special mahogany logs can be used to convert up to 27 teak logs and/or mahogany logs into teak/mahogany planks.
If you have one of the followings, the operator will only offer to buy your special logs:
- No teak logs and mahogany logs
- Only one special total or one special of each type
History[edit | edit source]
Bill built the Lumber Yard about three years prior to the Sawmill Man v. The People court case, after buying the land from an Estate agent who he would become friends with, because both of them supported each others' business. While founding his business, he took in three full time workers; Will, Phil and Jill. Will helped Bill develop the Supersteady Plankmaking machine, greatly increasing his profits. When Will decided to create his own sawmill, Bill became aware of his plans when the Estate agent told him and outbid him in every purchase he attempted. Will then decided to take the case to court.
If defended, the player assists Bill by claiming that Will knew too much trade secrets and would undermine his business. Bill will also state that while he supports competition, trade secrets are another matter entirely. If prosecuted, the player assists Will by claiming that Bill and the Estate agent conspired to keep their monopoly alive by preventing Will from setting up his own business. Regardless of the jury's decision, Bill returned to the sawmill to resume business.
At some point prior to New Foundations, his land was reclaimed by the Bank of Varrock and the Lumber Yard was demolished to clean up King's Road and to pave the way for construction supplies to be brought to the Grieving Vale, which King Roald hoped to have someone claim and establish a fort in. Roald sent a group of people to claim the vale, including Bill, but the group was ambushed by a pack of armoured zombies, leaving Bill alone after the others left him for dead. After being saved by the player character, he helps them build the fort, starting with the workshop. He then tells the player to recruit more staff for the fort, and suggests contacting Aster Dunnet to serve as a steward. After Aster, Overseer Siv and Father Flint are recruited, Bill helps the player character build the fort's walls, which is then named Fort Forinthry on Aster's suggestion. Bill subsequently remains in Fort Forinthry, where he runs the workshop.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Sawmill operator after 20 November 2012 (update)
Bill after 13 February 2023 (update)
Bill's chathead after 13 February 2023 (update)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 March 2023 (Update):
- Bill can now tell players which tier each of the Fort Forinthry buildings is currently at.
20 February 2023 (
- Bill has a new action "Planks", to trigger a dialogue to transform logs to planks.
- patch 13 August 2018 (Update):
- Sawmill operator once again sells construction supplies
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- Players can no longer interact with some of the sawmill operators from further away than intended.
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- patch 17 August 2011 (Update):
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Bill, "Fort Forinthry", RuneScape. "Land got reclaimed. Bank of Varrock couldn't wait to get their hands on the land. All to restore a bit of green to the King's Road and to pave a way for construction supplies to be brought here."
- ^ King Roald, "New Foundations", RuneScape. "You are not the first I have dispatched on this endeavour. The last group had an architect with them, perhaps he survived."
- ^ Bill, "New Foundations", RuneScape. "Only when I've been left for dead by jobsworth thugs. Puts me in a right mood."
See also[edit | edit source]
|Part 1 of the Fort Forinthry quest series|
|Part 2 of the Fort Forinthry quest series|