Fiara is a Guardian of Guthix and a colossus expressed in the form of a giant earwig. Her role is protecting the Fist of Guthix and maintaining balance. She will also teach people the basics of the minigame. Due to her legendary status, the druids at the site worship 'Lady Fiara' like a goddess, much to her annoyance. Fiara is a loyal Guthixian and eager to serve him, but she gets annoyed easily. Fiara is capable of electrifying people using the tendrils hanging from her abdomen.
Fiara's existence dates back to the Colossal Period, more than 11,000 years ago. Like other colossi, Fiara used to be an ordinary non-sapient lifeform, in this case, an earwig. Exposure to one of the nexuses of anima that formed during that period caused her to absorb a large enough amount of anima to ascend to the status of colossus.
In the second half of the First Age, the bloom of civilisation resonated within the anima mundi and, the colossi, who sustain themselves with the anima mundi, absorbed this resonance and began to develop a higher level of intelligence. The humans, eager to worship powerful beings, began to venerate some colossi, in addition to the gods that were already present then. Among them was Fiara.
When Guthix awoke at the end of the Third Age and ended the God Wars, he rediscovered some of the colossi who had survived through the ages and were in good terms with him in the early First Age. He recruited Fiara and the Valluta and assigned them responsibilities to maintain the balance in Gielinor. Guthix appointed Fiara as guardian of the Fist of Guthix, a location that formerly held the Stone of Jas.
At the end of the Fifth Age, Fiara joined the other Guthixians during the attempt to assassinate Guthix, where she was happy to meet her old friend Cres in the central chamber of Guthix's Cave. She fought the other gods' forces side by side with the Valluta and the player.
Fiara in Postbag from the Hedge 36.
A wall scripture of what appears to be a group of humans worshipping Fiara.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- If the player talk to Fiara and claims they are a 'Guardian of Guthix', she will proclaim with laughter and call them a "seer of light but bringer of lies''. After talking to her again she will call the player this again sarcastically, and after they ask her to just call them their real name, she'll call them "NAME the indecisive" If the player claims they are a "Guardian of Saradomin or Zamorak" she will call them a blind follower of an evil good or an usurper.
- On 10 October 2009 there was a glitch that allowed players to walk on the same tiles Fiara uses.
- If she dies during the events of The World Wakes, she will be replaced by Coulson, a druid.
- Despite looking like an earwig, she is described by Reldo as a centipede.
- ^ a b Fiara, "The World Wakes", RuneScape. "I am a creature of Guthix; a guardian assigned by him to defend the site of the Fist of Guthix."
- ^ Colossi & the time of colossi, written by Reldo, RuneScape. "As gods (or at least god-like divine beings) the colossi have no need of material sustenance, subsisting instead on the energy of the runescape [...]"
- ^ Colossi & the time of colossi, written by Reldo, RuneScape. "The second half of the First Age, part two if you will, began when Guthix, satisfied with the civilisation he had created, passed into slumber. The mortals, especially the humans, continued to flourish, but something was happening to the colossi. The presence of sapient, sentient life must have irrevocably altered the runescape, and as the colossi absorbed this new, resonant anima they began in turn to develop intelligence of their own - to highly varying degrees."
- ^ Colossi & the time of colossi, written by Reldo, RuneScape. "Along with other gods who arrived on Gielinor at this time, some of the animal-colossi began to develop worshippers and followings. We have evidence that at least the centipede-colossus Fiara [...] had such followers. The humans, of course, were eager to prostrate themselves before any powerful beings, and soon the surface was a patchwork of fiefdoms belonging to various entities."
- ^ Colossi & the time of colossi, written by Reldo, RuneScape. "Fiara and Valluta are colossi who must have been on good terms with Guthix early in the First Age, developed into intelligence, and then survived the conquests of the Second and Third ages. As Juna tells it, when Guthix awoke and rediscovered some of these ancient creatures were still alive, he recruited them as his lieutenants and assigned them responsibilities."
- ^ Fiara, "The World Wakes", RuneScape. "It is good to see such an old friend, even if he does not remember us. When this is all over, he should be shown the world as it is now. It would fascinate him."