"Clue bag" redirects here. For the reward from master clues, see Bag of clues
Charos' clue carrier is a reward from the Desperate Times quest. It is a pocket slot item that can be used to store and withdraw sealed clue scrolls and their respective easy, medium, hard, elite, and master reward caskets. It is useful for reducing the number of bank and inventory spaces for different levels of clue scrolls and reward caskets.
Any clue scrolls picked up as a drop or received while skilling, as well as any reward caskets obtained when completing a treasure trail, will automatically be stored in the clue carrier if it is worn or in the inventory. There is no imposed limit of how many of each item the clue carrier can hold, but it cannot be used to bypass the soft limit of 25 per tier scrolls. Additionally, when finishing a clue while the clue carrier is equipped or in the player's inventory, it will attempt to place a new sealed clue of the same difficulty into the player's inventory from the carrier.
The clue carrier cannot store clue scrolls that have already been started, nor can it store puzzle caskets. If the clue carrier is destroyed by the player or lost upon death, even within the Wilderness, it will retain the items it contained when it is reclaimed. If lost, the clue carrier can be reclaimed from Zaida just south of the Grand Exchange.
The clue carrier's interface when opened.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 19 October 2020 (Update):
- Buying clues from Zaida's Reward Shop with Charos' Clue Carrier in your Backpack will now fill it with the correct amount of clues.
- ninja 12 October 2020 (Update):
- Scrolls and caskets obtained from various places will go directly to Charos' Clue Carrier, regardless of whether your Backpack is full.
- Charos' Clue Carrier can now be filled from the Bank while in the interface.
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Clues will now automatically go into the Charos Clue Carrier if the players inventory is full.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- When Tele-grabbing clues, if the player has the Charos' clue carrier in their inventory or pocket slot, the clue will now automatically placed in Charos' clue carrier.
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Charos Clue Carrier changes:
- A item tooltip is now generated for the Charos Clue Carrier showing your clues/caskets inside it.
- Messaging has now been added to tell you when a clue has been added to your Charos Clue Carrier.
- When finishing a clue with Charos' Clue Carrier with you, it'll now try to remove a new tier clue (based on the one you did) from the carrier to allow to start a new clue right away.
- patch 10 June 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where easy clue scroll scrolls obtained from pickpocketing H.A.M. Members was not being automatically stored in the pouch.
- While there is no imposed limit on the number of clue scrolls and caskets, the standard 32-bit integer data restriction still applies, therefore only allowing a maximum of 2,147,483,647 of each in the carrier.