Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Also called||Ingald Belger|
|Examine||A dealer in potions.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Ingald Belger the apothecary is a man who runs an Apothecary in southwest Varrock. He claims that he is 'quite the expert' on poisons, and appears to know of Pox, for whom he still has great fondness. The Apothecary possessed an airtight pot which he claimed was a family heirloom.
His zombie counterpart in New Varrock also plays a small role in Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav, where he is used to make a potion for Dr Harlow. He also provides a potion to make Romeo appear dead, as part of the New Varrock Tasks.
He is listed in the Varrock Census taken in Year 160 of the Fifth Age.
Potions[edit | edit source]
The Apothecary makes potions for players if they provide him with ingredients:
|Cadava potion||Cadava berries||Can only be used in the Apothecary's hut to "kill you" temporarily.|
|Strength potion||Red spiders' eggs and limpwurt root||Temporarily increases Strength by 3 + 10% of Strength level (rounded down).|
|Acne potion||Vial||Used as random item in Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf quest, or given to inhabitants of Sophanem for interesting conversations.|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Herbi's Flax ( 10) – Give Herbi Flax's diary to the Varrock apothecary.
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- update 5 February 2001 (Update):
- When red spider eggs and other ingredients are taken to the Apothecary in Varrock, you can use them to make a 4-dose strength potion!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you look closely at one of the jars on the cabinet you can see a sea slug in one of the jars.
- The chart in his shop looks like the periodic table, as seen in the image to the left.
- Dr. Jekyll, a former random event, will sometimes teleport to Varrock Square and run to the apothecary for medicine.
|A subquest of Dimension of Disaster|