|Release date||25 May 2011 (Update)|
|Examine||A Wilderness fighter of massive repute.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Mr Ex is found in Edgeville, just north of the bank. He will give the player a Wildstalker helmet when talked to and return it free of charge should they lose it. He can also be asked to skull the player (or renew the skull if the player is already skulled). He used to be the greatest and bravest warrior of the Wilderness, but now he is nervous and scared of the Wilderness and cowers and stands in fear just south of it.
Receiving the skull status from Mr Ex is required for the Easy Wilderness Tasks.
Ironman[edit | edit source]
Mr Ex also sells various items related to Ironman Mode.
All ironmen (regular and hardcore) can purchase the book of diplomacy from him for 50,000 coins, which can be used to remove ironman status from the account.
Alternatively, he can be told to never sell the player the book, which effectively makes the account an ironman permanently.
Hardcore ironmen can purchase the jar of divine light from him for 100,000 coins. This will automatically activate upon the loss of the final life of the hardcore ironman, and will convert the account to regular ironman status.
Following the update of 19 June 2017, Mr Ex now holds on to the jar for the player. Prior to this update, it was an item that had to be kept in the bank. Mr Ex will open or "seal" the jar for the player via his dialogue.
Sealing the jar prevents his opening it via dialogue, so the player will only become a regular ironman upon death. Additionally, sealing the jar also stops him from selling the book of diplomacy.
Hardcore ironmen can also purchase divine coins from Mr Ex. These grant the player one extra life each, allowing them to die without losing hardcore mode. He only sells two coins: the first requires 1,000 total level and costs 100,000 coins; the second requires 1,600 total level and costs 10 million coins. The amount of lives a player has left can be checked in the Items Kept on Death menu by clicking on the 'Death information' button in the lower right corner.
Finally, if the player's ironman account is over 5 years old, Mr Ex will grant the account The Ironman Btw/The Ironwoman Btw and Ironman (5 Year armour) for regular ironman accounts, and The Hardcore Ironman Btw/The Hardcore Ironwoman Btw and Hardcore Ironman (5 Year armour) for hardcore ironman accounts.
PvP Armour Stock[edit | edit source]
In the Combat Improvements Beta, he provided free PvP oriented gear for testing purposes.
- Combat hood 100
- Combat robe top 100
- Combat robe bottom 100
- Void knight top
- Void knight robe
- Void mage helm
- Void ranger helm
- Void melee helm
- Fighter hat
- Runner hat
- Ranger hat
- Fighter torso
- Penance skirt
- Battle hood 100
- Battle robe top 100
- Battle robe bottom 100
- Corrupt morrigan's coif
- Corrupt morrigan's leather body
- Corrupt morrigan's leather chaps
- Corrupt zuriel's hood
- Corrupt zuriel's robe top
- Corrupt zuriel's robe bottom
- Corrupt statius's full helm
- Corrupt statius's platebody
- Corrupt statius's platelegs
- Corrupt vesta's chainbody
- Corrupt vesta's plateskirt
- Morrigan's coif
- Morrigan's leather body
- Morrigan's leather chaps
- Zuriel's hood
- Zuriel's robe top
- Zuriel's robe bottom
- Statius's full helm
- Statius's platebody
- Statius's platelegs
- Vesta's chainbody
- Vesta's plateskirt
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Ironmen who have been Ironmen for five or more years can now talk to Mr Ex to receive the new five-year Ironman mode anniversary special rewards.
- ninja 14 August 2017 (Update):
- The Wilderness Sword 4 can now be reclaimed from Mr Ex in Edgeville for 100,000 coins.
- patch 19 June 2017 (Update):
- Mr Ex has taken all Hardcore players' jars of divine light for safekeeping. He will continue to open the jar upon death as before. He will also allow you to open it by speaking to him.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Mr Ex has created a noticeboard to commemorate some legends of the Ironman community.
- ninja 1 December 2014 (Update):
- Players can now optionally choose to skull themselves via Mr Ex in Edgeville.
- update 25 May 2011 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Laying down the smack in the Wilderness and defeating opponents in duels is all about the prestige (and money), right? So it's only natural to want to show off and demonstrate your ability to others. Well, free-players and members who wish to do so can visit Estocada at the Duel Arena to pick up a duellist's cap, and Mr Ex in Edgeville to receive a wildstalker helmet.
- Added to game.
|Wildstalker helmet (Mr Ex)|
|Antique duellist's cap (Duel Arena)|
|Duellist's cap (Estocada)|