|Release||8 December 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||He has snow business being here!|
|XP (2H/MH/OH)||2,988 / 1,992 / 996|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Base hit chance|
|Immune||? (edit)||Immune||? (edit)|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Snowverload is a members only seasonal boss released during the second week of the 2014 Christmas event and rereleased starting with the third episode of the 2015 Christmas event quest.
2014[edit | edit source]
During the 2014 Christmas event it spawned every 3 hours in sync with the Guthixian cache and Tinsel snakes at one of these locations (different for each world):
- North of the Falador city walls.
- North within the Grand Exchange.
- South of the Clan Camp, within the vicinity of Armadyl's Tower.
- East of Draynor wheat field.
In the event that it survives for 3 hours, a new one does not spawn and the current one remains.
Once Snowverload is found, players must team up and defeat it using only snowballs, as it is the only weapon that damages it. Snowballs may be gathered in stacks of 100 by right clicking Snowverload and must be equipped to be functional.
The Snowverload has an array of special attacks that may hinder players during the fight, including:
- The Snowman traps you in a bauble! Roll in front of him to be smashed free. - Turns players into giant baubles, where one must run directly in front of him to be freed.
- You've been covered with a stocking. Run around to shake it free! - This turns players into stockings, where one must run around in order to be freed.
- You've been turned into a snowman. Find the fire entity to melt yourself! - This freezes players, and one must find the fire entity to be freed.
- You've been turned into a fire entity. Melt the 7 snow elementals to free yourself! - This happens at the same time other players become snowmen. You must run to them and melt them to be freed.
- A present has spawned. Get in it before the snowman attacks! - Spawns a giant present which players must hide in to avoid Snowverload's attack.
As Snowverload's life points decrease, he shrinks in body mass, gradually becoming smaller in size. Once Snowverload is reduced down to low health, he constantly heals to 5,000 life points. At this stage, Snowverload must be lured to Santa Claus at the Lumbridge Crater to be finished off.
Being near Santa when it dies will grant all participants two festive papers, the ability to deliver another present on the same day as well as a turkey drumstick, roast potatoes and mulled wine. Additionally, it will reset the daily cheer points cap from Tinsel Snake Hunt. Doing the event again on the same day rewards only the food items, but not the festive papers nor another second delivery. Be sure to be near Santa, or else you will not get rewarded, even if you did damage.
If you did not deliver your daily present before fighting Snowverload, you will not be able to get an extra delivery that day.
2015[edit | edit source]
It is fought by the player during the 2015 Christmas event during the third episode of the quest, Licence to Chill. It can also be fought after the episode with an announcement in chat as to when Snowverload appears at the iceberg north of Daemonheim.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Snowverload's examine is a play of words on the phrase "He has no business here".
- Snowverload's name was suggested by a player as part of a competition.
- On the first day of release, Snowverload was available to all players, but he was made members only on 9 December 2014.
- Snowverload was not intended for free players. There was a miscommunication between the news writer and the development team.
- When one is transformed into a stocking or bauble, the player's chathead becomes similar to that of the air form during the Metamorphosis ability.
- When Santa finishes off Snowverload, he uses an animation comparable to the Sunshine ability.
- Using Monster Examine gives the message: "You can't find out their stats."
- Snowverload is immune to reflect damage.
- Trying to take snowballs from Snowverload while having a full inventory would result in the message "You don't have space in your inventory to do that.![sic]", with both the full-stop and the exclamation mark.
- The "snowball" model that appears when you take snow uses the same model as Lily of the valley.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod JD on Reddit. COMPETITION - name the new Snowman Boss!. (Archived from the original on 8 June 2021.)