Raksha, the Shadow Colossus
|Raksha, the Shadow Colossus|
|Release||7 December 2020 (Update)|
|An apex predator.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|3000 / 2000 / 1000|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Raksha is a solo and duo boss. Kills in each mode are tracked separately but both are combined, similar to Elite Dungeons, for the purpose of the Final Boss title. The boss itself is only able to be fought after completion of a short miniquest, with access to Anachronia being a prerequisite.
Rewards for subduing Raksha include codices to enhance Ricochet and Chain, and a new defensive ability, Divert. Also dropped are laceration boots and blast diffusion boots, as well as the unique fleeting boots that allow the user to cast Rapid Fire while moving, alongside spikes to upgrade all three pairs from tier 80 to tier 90.
Obtaining all of Raksha's unique drops will unlock [Name] the Shackled title.
History[edit | edit source]
Raksha was a normal rex dinosaur at first, until it stumbled upon the Codex, an elder artefact. Raksha had lived on Gielinor well before the Stone of Jas ever was discovered. The monolith imbued it with immense amounts of anima, turning it into a colossus. However, the power did not come from the Elder Gods, but from something else, making it into a particularly special "shadow" colossus.
This power caused Raksha to grow immensely large, intelligent and savage, being capable of communicating with others through visions. Raksha's hide was filled with venomous spikes that would immobilize and quickly kill prey, had an ice cold breath and could generate electrical charges; it is unknown if it had them before, or were granted through mutations. It encountered the dragonkin when they began setting up outposts in the mainland; present-day Misthalin, which it attacked, leaving few survivors so that they could warn others of its powers, who then began to call it Raksha, as it was something they had never seen before.
Varanus, a dragonkin hunter of the Nodon faction, managed to trap Raksha. Angered at the dragonkin's triumph over him, Raksha unleashed a vision of him giving Varanus a suffocating death, using the vision to its advantage by impaling Varanus with one of its spikes. Despite this, Varanus was able to live long enough that they ensured it could no longer harm their fellow kin. The Kindra Council later had Raksha transported to Orthen, imprisoned in a pen constructed by Nodon architects.
Deeply fascinated by Raksha, the dragonkin Kerapac began to thoroughly study the imprisoned dinosaur and its abilities, further restraining it with new security measures including a forced hibernation system. Despite this, Raksha was occasionally able to break free of its forced hibernation, although the other security measures kept it in check. Kerapac was able to remove these traits from the Raksha and moved it to three female rexes, who became the earliest prototypes for the dragons. Kranon considered Raksha to be the source of his religious inspiration after it projected a hateful vision to him.
The dragonkin Skeka also researched Raksha and considered putting her own mind into Raksha's body once the curse of the Stone of Jas started to act upon the dragonkin. An agonized Skeka would eventually begin charging her device in order to throw her mind into the body of Raksha. However this failed and she instead shattered her mind amongst a group of salamanders.
The first clue to the current whereabouts of Raksha was found on an inscription above the door, upstairs at the Anachronia Swamp Fortress a dragonkin text translating to 'Raksha'. It was apparently still alive, as the bars near Laniakea were bent in a way that when examined, suggests that something had tried to enter or escape. As Kerapac would have no reason to return to this specific fortress, it was most likely Raksha's doing. Inside Xolo City is also a chain of dragon metal, which when examined states that it is moving, indicating it is one of chains holding Raksha.
It is later revealed that Raksha had slipped into a coma for tens of thousands of years as it thrived on shadow anima, something which had not been produced in ages after the Elder Gods had destroyed Kerapac's device. Later, in the Sixth Age, Kerapac used the Needle to bring back a version of Anachronia that still had some supply of shadow anima; coupled with the "recreation" of his device, he produced a steady supply of shadow anima which awakened both Raksha and its Keeper, later revealed to be Varanus. Taking notice of this, Zaros entered the prison intending to collect a vat of shadow anima that was keeping Raksha in check. When the World Guardian arrived to investigate, Zaros took the vat despite Varanus' warnings, confident that they could deal with the beast.
As a result, the lack of shadow anima disturbed Raksha's slumber. The World Guardian entered the oubliette and fought Raksha, who despite being in hibernation for so long, was able to put up a good fight against them. The World Guardian was eventually able to subdue Raksha, much to Varanus' relief. When Varanus inquired about the status of the shadow anima device, the World Guardian informed him that it had been destroyed, which meant that Raksha would eventually slip into another coma once the supply of shadow anima had been depleted.
Location[edit | edit source]
Raksha can be fought after completing the Raksha, the Shadow Colossus miniquest by speaking to Laniakea in the south-eastern ruins of Orthen on Anachronia. This miniquest reveals the location of the oubliette where Raksha can be found.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Raksha does not drop items upon defeat; rather, the Keeper will place an item in front of the security projector in the antechamber to be picked up. In duo encounters each player receives their own reward. The drop rates between solo and duo mode are the same.
Main drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Spirit weed seed (m)||5–10||Common||343,240-686,480||50-100|
|Carambola seed (m)||5||Common||67,545||1,500|
|Golden dragonfruit seed (m)||5–10||Common||627,750-1,255,500||1,500-3,000|
|Small blunt rune salvage||50 (noted)||Common||734,250||800,000|
|Medium spiky orikalkum salvage||12–18 (noted)||Common||883,560-1,325,340||900,000-1,350,000|
|Huge plated orikalkum salvage||10–15 (noted)||Common||1,236,330-1,854,495||1,250,000-1,875,000|
|Black dragonhide||213–300 (noted)||Common||641,769-903,900||10,224-14,400|
|Onyx dust (m)||75–131||Uncommon||2,334,450-4,077,506||810,000-1,414,800|
|Dinosaur bones (m)||80–120 (noted)||Common||700,320-1,050,480||80-120|
|Crystal key (m)||25–45 (noted)||Common||604,225-1,087,605||0|
|Inert adrenaline crystal (m)||12–18 (noted)||Common||619,380-929,070||28,800-43,200|
|Sirenic scale (m)||3||Common||1,273,329||18,000|
|Soul rune (m)||125–172||Common||309,375-425,700||10,250-14,104|
|Dark animica stone spirit[d 1] (m)||60–95||Common||74,460-117,895||Not alchemisable|
|Light animica stone spirit[d 1] (m)||60–95||Common||291,660-461,795||Not alchemisable|
Secondary drops[edit | edit source]
If this table is rolled, the item will appear alongside the main drop.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Laceration boots (m)||1||Uncommon||7,677,619||30,000|
|Blast diffusion boots (m)||1||Uncommon||12,032,597||30,000|
|Fleeting boots (m)||1||Uncommon||69,729,394||30,000|
|Shadow spike (m)||1||Rare||24,086,274||30,000|
|Greater Ricochet ability codex (m)||1||Rare||144,511,154||750,000|
|Greater Chain ability codex (m)||1||Rare||86,928,499||750,000|
|Divert ability codex (m)||1||Rare||38,179,301||750,000|
|Broken shackle (m)||1||1/1000[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Raksha, the Shadow Colossus (miniquest) ( 10) – Complete this Novice miniquest.
- Raksha, the Shadow Colossus ( 0) – Defeat Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. (X/1)
- Ultra Instinct ( 50) – Defeat Raksha without letting him gain any shadow energy. Can only be completed in a solo instance.
- Scenario 7 ( 50) – Defeat Raksha after letting him reach 100% shadow energy in the first phase. Can only be completed in a solo instance.
- Ju-raksha Park I ( 5) – Defeat Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. (X/5)
- Ju-raksha Park II ( 5) – Defeat Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. (X/10)
- Ju-raksha Park III ( 5) – Defeat Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. (X/25)
- Ju-raksha Park IV ( 5) – Defeat Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. (X/50)
- Ju-raksha Park V ( 5) – Defeat Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. (X/75)
- Ju-raksha Park VI ( 5) – Defeat Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. (X/100)
- Inner what? ( 25) – Defeat Raksha without activating 'Inner power'. Can only be completed in a solo instance.
- Raklette ( 0) – Unlock the Raklette pet from Raksha, the Shadow Colossus.
- Tyrannosaurus Wrecked ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Raksha, the Shadow Colossus.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Transcripts[edit | edit source]
The lore behind Raksha was added to the game with the release of the Orthen Dig Site on 19 October 2020.
The following Archaeological transcripts directly mention Raksha: Rumours of the Raksha, The Greatest Hunt, Ethical Concerns, Raksha, The One Above All, Father of Dragons, Raksha Observations, and One... Voice....
Update History[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 December 2020 (Update):
- Decreased Raksha's base damage values for attacks that scale with shadow energy.
- To compensate, we've changed Raksha's shadow infused power buff, which now scales from 0.5% to 1% per shadow energy, resulting in 100% increased damage at 100% energy, up from 50%.
- The maximum damage remains unchanged; this simply means that the minimum damage is now less punishing.
- Decreased Raksha's rockfall damage.
- Raksha's tail chain no longer blocks player movement.
- Fixed an issue where a black screen appeared if the player died while transitioning to Phase 4 of a Raksha encounter.
- Raksha will no longer get stuck in an animation cycle if you die with Immortality active during the shadow bombard attack cycle.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck under Raksha both during and after the final phase of the encounter.
- Increased the base hit chance (affinity) from 45 to 55 when using Melee against Raksha, the Shadow Colossus.
- Raksha will no longer override his Melee attack animation with a walk animation if the player moves out of Melee range.
- Raksha will no longer change target randomly in duo mode, and will instead focus one target until provoked.
- hotfix 8 December 2020 (Update):
- hotfix 7 December 2020 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Raksha appears to come from Rakshasa, who are demons from Hindu mythology.
- The player Rudi was the first player to defeat Raksha in solo mode on 7 December 2020, which was shown with the in-game announcement:
- Raksha's drops have several unique traits:
- He is the first monster to drop orikalkum salvage, and the second overall source, the first being the Raptor's chest.
- He is also the first monster to drop onyx dust outside of Elite Dungeons and the fourth overall source, the others being metamorphic geodes, ancient caskets and forge/divine forge phoenices.
- Raksha is voiced by voice actor Greg Jones.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Rumours of the Raksha, written by Varanus, RuneScape. "They call it Raksha - taken from the name of a fallen entity among some of my people's older mythologies - 'The One Above All' or 'The One That Speaks' in our modern vernacular."
- ^ Rumours of the Raksha, written by Varanus, RuneScape. "On this description alone, Skeka has classified it as a hellebores rex, after the poisonous black flower - as deadly as it is beautiful."
- ^ Danger lurks in the shadows.. "This fact was confirmed in the comments of the post on Instagram."
- ^ Raksha awakens this Monday 7th. "Post on the official RuneScape Facebook account."
- ^ a b Zaros, "Raksha, the Shadow Colossus (miniquest)", RuneScape. "A handful of elder artefacts had been discarded by the Elder Gods. One of these was the Codex, a repository of both knowledge and power. When a great beast came across the strange monolith, it couldn't know what awaited. It emerged from the Codex fundamentally changed. It was a colossus - an animal demigod."
- ^ Zaros, "Raksha, the Shadow Colossus (miniquest)", RuneScape. "They called it Raksha. Nothing quite like it has been seen before, or since. It was not just a colossus, but a shadow colossus. Its power came not from the Elder Gods but from somewhere... else."
- ^ Zaros, "Raksha, the Shadow Colossus (miniquest)", RuneScape. "It was a colossus - an animal demigod. The ultimate apex predator. Unchallenged. When the dragonkin arrived, they were fascinated by the creature. They found it, captured it, and imprisoned it in their city. They called it Raksha. Nothing quite like it has been seen before, or since."
- ^ Zaros, "Raksha, the Shadow Colossus (miniquest)", RuneScape. "The scientist Kerapac took a very different line of inquiry. He experimented until the beast was of no more use to him."
- ^ Raksha (Archaeology), written by Skeka, RuneScape. "I have another plan to escape this pain-wracked body! My device! I shall throw myself, my mind, I N T O the Raksha! I will become! My device is charging! I hope this works. This has to work..."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ryan's Twitter account. (Archived from the original on 10 January 2021.) Mod Ryan: "I've seen a couple of people asking/discussing Raksha drop rates between Solo and Duo mode. I can confirm that the drop rates are the exact same between modes."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ryan's Twitter account. 25 December 2020. (Archived from the original on 25 December 2020.) Mod Ryan: "Merry Christmas everyone! Raksha pet drop is 1/1000 with a threshold of 200."
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 8 December 2020. (Archived from the original on 9 December 2020.) RuneScape: "Enhanced Laceration, Blast diffusion and Fleeting boots will no longer lose their enhanced nature when repaired."
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 7 December 2020. (Archived from the original on 25 December 2020.) RuneScape: "The Greater Barge ability now deals the full 100% damage on the bleed effect instead of 50%."
- ^ Mod Ian. Realtalk: Which J-Mod did Raksha's voice?. Reddit. 8 December 2020. Mod Ian: "The voice actor's name is Greg Jones."