Totems are items craftable by combining totem tops, middles, and bottoms, found on Anachronia. They can be placed to grant various passive bonuses to the player. Totem pieces can be stored in a totem bag.
After assembling a totem, it can be placed at one of three locations on Anachronia. It must then be activated in order to benefit from its effect. To activate it, the player has to interact with and charge the individual totem, or interact with a Remototem placed at the Anachronia base camp. Whilst the totem is being charged, temporal instabilities can appear which can be closed. Charging the totem and closing the instabilities awards Divination experience. Once placed the totem cannot be removed until the next weekly reset. The player must recharge the totems with every weekly reset to retain their bonuses.
Obtaining all totem pieces completes the Jurassic Perk achievement. Showing a complete totem to Alpheus or Eliza is a also requirement to recruit them into your research team.
|This repeatable content has a hard reset.
|The next period's content will become available immediately, regardless of whether a player has logged out.
Early concept art for the Totems found on Anachronia during the Land Out of Time Development.
Shape and segmentation concept art for the Totems found on Anachronia during the Land Out of Time Development.
Late material study concept art for the Totems found on Anachronia during the Land Out of Time Development.
- Jurassic Perk ( 30) – Discover all the totem pieces on Anachronia.
- Stacks on Stacks ( 5) – Complete the ritual to activate a totem on Anachronia.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- Totem bases are now correctly centred in your inventory slot.
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Totem pieces will now correctly be added to your inventory if you have one space, as opposed to requiring two free spaces before.
- ^ Jagex. JagexShauny's Twitter account. 10 July 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 October 2019.) JagexShauny: "PSA: The totems from Anachronia reset on the "weekly reset" trigger. This means they reset every Wednesday. Just a heads up for those confused and think they reset daily."