The Rex skeleton (nicknamed Osseous) is a skeleton of a dinosaur that can be reconstructed by players using rex skeleton fragments, found while excavating archaeology spots at the Orthen Dig Site or as rewards for completing some of Sharrigan's Archaeology collections. The skeleton itself can be found just below Mr Mordaut's office, south of the teleportation device at the Anachronia base camp. It functions similarly to the shield pylons at the Kharid-et Dig Site.
Each rex skeleton fragment adds 0.001% to the total progress of the Rex and is increased by all users in all worlds as a combined effort, including ironman accounts. A minimum of 100,000 fragments are needed to fully repair the skeleton, but because a single player cannot contribute more than 1% charge (the equivalent of 1000 fragments) in a single contribution, regardless of the number of fragments contributed, more fragments are potentially required to fully repair it. Each skeleton fragment awards experience scaled to the player's Archaeology level. A 10% boost to experience is awarded if the player contributes 10–99 fragments, and a 20% boost is given for contributing 100 or more fragments at once.
If a player attempts to add more fragments while Osseous is completely restored, they will be asked for confirmation. They will still receive the xp reward, however.
At 100% completion, the rex skeleton will roar. This is announced with a global broadcast. While active, the rex skeleton grants the Roar of Osseous buff, which gives the following effects for all of Anachronia for 65 minutes:
- 25% increased experience for the following:
- Modified drop rates for the following:
- Big Game Hunter (10% increased chance of double and triple encounters)
- Slayer - dinosaurs and vile blooms (10% drop rate increase for unique drops)
- Codex pages (+1 codex page whenever pages are received)
- Archaeology materials (10% increase)
- Building resources (10% increase)
- Totem pieces (10% increase)
The Roar of Osseous does not affect the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm, Herby Werby, Raksha, the Rex Matriarchs, or experience awarded for restoring damaged artefacts on Anachronia.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 23 May 2022 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where some player contributions towards the Kharid-Et pylon and the Anachronia Rex skeleton were not being tracked consistently.
- patch 4 October 2021 (Update):
- The Roar of Osseous buff now displays the time remaining on its buff icon while active.
- patch 26 October 2020 (Update):
- The Osseus buff will no longer be lost when logging in or out while in the new dig sites.
- The name 'Osseous' refers to consisting of bones or turning into bone.