Anachronia Agility Course
|Anachronia Agility Course|
|Release date||8 July 2019 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Anachronia Agility Course is one of the primary ways of getting around Anachronia, requiring Agility levels from 30 to 85 to traverse. The course is divided into seven sections of varying difficulty but requires level 85 to complete the whole lap.
Each obstacle provides 20 Agility experience. Finishing a section (in any direction) gives additional experience. Completing the entire circuit of seven sections around the island will yield an additional 15,500 experience for a total of 20,040 experience for entire lap. Players can travel through the course starting at any obstacle, but they must traverse every obstacle in a row to qualify for the full lap bonus. There is a small chance to fail an obstacle, which will deal 5% of current health as damage, but the obstacle will not have to be repeated. Due to how spread out some of the obstacles are, there are white markings on signs and obstacles to help determine the path to take, and a dirt path between obstacles. Surge and Bladed Dive abilities as well as the Mobile Invention perk are recommended to use to move around the course quicker.
Upon completion of a full lap players will be awarded 10 codex pages and may randomly receive 1-3 pages along with other rewards when traversing obstacles. Having at least tier three luck (such as the ring of fortune and above, or a charged collector's insignia) improves the chance of getting 1-3 pages, but the 10 page reward for lap completion remains the same.
Brawling gloves (Agility) will work on the course.
The Guards at either entrance to the course from base camp can be talked to or right-clicked to view the Anachronia Agility Course records: the player's fastest lap time and total number of laps completed. The Guard also provides an option to reset the lap progress.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The quickest way to get to the start of the course is by teleporting to the Anachronia lodestone and walking west to the bridge then south and starting at section A. If this lodestone has not been unlocked then the player has to travel to Anachronia via the The Stormbreaker at the The Dig Site.
The course[edit | edit source]
|Section||Agility level required||Number of obstacles||Bonus||Total XP for section|
The course can be completed in under 8 minutes 30 seconds, which gives approximately 141,459 XP/hour.
With frequent use of Surge and Bladed Dive using the Mobile perk the course can be completed in under 6 minutes 30 seconds, which gives 184,985 XP/hour if alternating directions at the ends of the course.
Obstacles[edit | edit source]
The Agility course is started at either the northern or south-western end of the base camp and can be completed in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. Obstacles include traversing temple walls and cliff faces, crossing over vines, climbing over roots, and jumping across trees. Each obstacle provides 20 Agility experience. Each section of the course has different Agility level requirements.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing obstacles[edit | edit source]
The chance of receiving a reward whilst completing an obstacle is increased by having at least tier three luck.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High alch value|
|Codex page (m)||1–3||Uncommon[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Compacted leaves (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Compacted vines (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Dinosaur rib bone (m)||1||1/1000||0||Not alchemisable|
|Essential oils (m)||1||1/1800[d 1]||0||0|
|Totem of Treasure middle (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Totem of Crystal top (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Totem of Summoning top (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Totem of Auras base (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Completing the course[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High alch value|
|Codex page (m)||10||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Swings Both Ways ( 5) – Complete a lap going in each direction on the Anachronia agility course.
- In A Flash ( 5) – Complete the Anachronia agility course in under 7 minutes.
- Gotta Go Fast ( 10) – Unlock double Surge and double Escape ability upgrades.
- Jurassic Perk ( 30) – Discover all the totem pieces on Anachronia.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- The segment XP bonus for the Anachronia agility course has been redistributed throughout the tiers, as the lower segments were too powerful.
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- Agility lap progress will be reset when entering the base camp if you have been logged out for 3 hours, and have not interacted with any agility obstacles beforehand.
- The guard NPC to the north side of the base camp can now reset agility lap progress, for those that have lost their place on the agility course.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 19 September 2019. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2019.) Mod Daze: "Seen this asked a few times: to get essential oils you have a chance per obstacle per lap. Important point - if you repeat the same obstacle over and over you will NOT have a chance to get the oils. This is the same rule for codex pages."
- ^ a b c d RuneScape - Twitch. Agility course totem drop rates. 19 August 2019.
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 15 July 2019. RuneScape: "The segment XP bonus for the Anachronia agility course has been redistributed across the different tiered sections, as the low tier sections were giving out too much XP."
Agility courses and activities