Anachronia Agility Course
|Anachronia Agility Course|
|Release||8 July 2019 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
The Anachronia Agility Course is one of the primary ways of getting around Anachronia, requiring Agility levels from 30 to 85 to traverse. The course is divided into seven sections of varying difficulty but requires level 85 to complete the whole lap.
Each obstacle provides 20 Agility experience. Finishing a section (in any direction) gives additional experience. Completing the entire circuit of seven sections around the island will yield an additional 15,500 experience for a total of 20,040 experience for entire lap. Players can travel through the course starting at any obstacle, but they must traverse every obstacle in a row to qualify for the full lap bonus. There is a small chance to fail an obstacle, which will deal 5% of current health as damage, but the obstacle will not have to be repeated. Due to how spread out some of the obstacles are, there are white markings on signs and obstacles to help determine the path to take, and a dirt path between obstacles. Surge and Bladed Dive abilities as well as the Mobile Invention perk are recommended to use to move around the course quicker.
Upon completion of a full lap players will be awarded 10 codex pages and may randomly receive 1-4 pages along with other rewards when traversing obstacles. Having at least tier three luck (such as the Ring of Fortune or above, or a collector's insignia) improves the chance of getting 1-4 pages, but the 10 page reward for lap completion remains the same.
Brawling gloves (Agility) work on the course, one obstacle on the course consumes 1 charge, a lap finishing obstacle consumes 3 charges.
The Guards at either entrance to the course from base camp can be talked to or right-clicked to view the Anachronia Agility Course records: the player's fastest lap time and total number of laps completed. The Guard also provides an option to reset the lap progress.
Players may earn approximately 84 codex pages per hour, assuming an output of 12 codex pages per agility course lap, and assuming that players can complete 7 course laps per hour.
- 1 Getting there
- 2 The course
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Update history
- 7 References
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The quickest way to get to the start of the course is by teleporting to the Anachronia lodestone and walking west to the bridge then south and starting at section A. If this lodestone has not been unlocked then the player has to travel to Anachronia via the The Stormbreaker at the The Dig Site.
The course[edit | edit source]
|Section||Agility level required||Number of obstacles||Bonus||Total XP for section|
The course can be completed in under 8 minutes 30 seconds, which gives approximately 141,459 XP/hour.
With frequent use of Surge and Bladed Dive using the Mobile perk the course can be completed in under 6 minutes 30 seconds, which gives 184,985 XP/hour if alternating directions at the ends of the course.
A lap can in fact be completed in under 7 minutes with only a basic Surge and the Mobile perk; by going clockwise and using frequent and well-timed Surges.
When learning the course, it helps to look out for a mud-coloured path. There is always one when the next obstacle is not close enough to be seen on the same screen.
Section Training Rates[edit | edit source]
Anachronia beginner island traversal[edit | edit source]
The northern section has significantly less space between obstacles compared to the southern one, and it provides approximately 28,000 experience per hour. The easiest start point is just north of the tunnel. The lap ends after crossing the roots just outside of the tunnel. Just cross back over the roots to start a new lap. Without using Surge, it takes about 34 seconds per lap.
Anachronia novice island traversal[edit | edit source]
Both novice sections are slightly better than the northern beginner section. Due to their larger lap bonus, it's worth the longer (60-second) lap times. The southern section, which goes from the scimitops area, past the yellow salamanders, and ends on a pillar surrounded by trees. It's about 31,000 experience per hour without using Surge, but there are three adjacent spots where the Surge can be used for its full distance (which saves four ticks each, or 2.4 seconds), and having unlocked double Surge can reach 35,000 experience per hour.
The northern section of the novice course, starting with the ruins after the northern beginner section and ending on the dinosaur spine bridge, has two more obstacles, which almost makes up for its longer lap times, it's only a few thousand less experience per hour.
Anachronia advanced island traversal[edit | edit source]
The northern section of the advanced course is significantly shorter, starting with the cliff next to the dinosaur spine bridge and Herby Werby, and ending with the first overgrown idol. Lap times are around 60 seconds, and shorter if a player uses Surge. It yields approximately 51,000 experience per hour without Surge, or up to 59,000 experience per hour with using Surge at every long diagonal and straight passage.
Obstacles[edit | edit source]
The Agility course is started at either the northern or south-western end of the base camp and can be completed in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. Obstacles include traversing temple walls and cliff faces, crossing over vines, climbing over roots, and jumping across trees. Each obstacle provides 20 Agility experience. Each section of the course has different Agility level requirements.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing obstacles[edit | edit source]
The chance of receiving a reward whilst completing an obstacle is increased by having at least tier two luck.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Codex page (m)||1–4||Uncommon[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Compacted leaves (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Compacted vines (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Dinosaur rib bone (m)||1||1/1000||0||Not alchemisable|
|Essential oils (m)||1||1/1800[d 1]||1||1|
|Totem of Treasure middle (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Totem of Crystal top (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Totem of Summoning top (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Totem of Auras base (m)||1||1/100[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Completing the course[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Codex page (m)||10||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Swings Both Ways ( 5) – Complete a lap going in each direction on the Anachronia agility course.
- In A Flash ( 5) – Complete the Anachronia agility course in under 7 minutes.
- Gotta Go Fast ( 10) – Unlock double Surge and double Escape ability upgrades.
- Jurassic Perk ( 30) – Discover all the totem pieces on Anachronia.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 December 2020 (Update):
- One progress point in Yak Tracks is now awarded per segment of the Anachronia Agility Course, since it's so massive compared to the others.
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- The collector's insignia now works with Anachronia agility training, with XP bonuses triggered at the end of each of the seven segments.
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- The segment XP bonus for the Anachronia agility course has been redistributed throughout the tiers, as the lower segments were too powerful.
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- Agility lap progress will be reset when entering the base camp if you have been logged out for 3 hours, and have not interacted with any agility obstacles beforehand.
- The guard NPC to the north side of the base camp can now reset agility lap progress, for those that have lost their place on the agility course.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 19 September 2019. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2019.) Mod Daze: "Seen this asked a few times: to get essential oils you have a chance per obstacle per lap. Important point - if you repeat the same obstacle over and over you will NOT have a chance to get the oils. This is the same rule for codex pages."
- ^ RuneScape - Twitch. Agility course totem drop rates. 19 August 2019.*
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 15 July 2019. (Archived from the original on 31 August 2020.) RuneScape: "The segment XP bonus for the Anachronia agility course has been redistributed across the different tiered sections, as the low tier sections were giving out too much XP."
Agility courses and activities