The Measure is an Elder Artefact. It was originally created by the Elder Gods in a previous cycle of the universe to check for anima levels to ensure a world has enough anima to sustain the Elder Halls. It is considered to be the least powerful and extraordinary of the twelve Elder Artefacts.
If you destroyed it, you can reclaim it from the Elder Halls using the World Gate to Freneskae.
- Complete the Fate of the Gods quest
- Use the sixth-age circuit to teleport you to the World Gate
- Right click the world gate and select Quick dial, and select Freneskae
- Enter the world gate and select Elder Halls
- The Measure should be on the ground near the divination wisps
The Measure is first found during the Fate of the Gods quest in the Elder Halls of Freneskae, and is used to help in the plan to create a new body for Zaros. Once placed on the ground while in Freneskae's Elder halls, it will turn all faint Mah wisps into solid Mah wisps, allowing their energy and memories to be collected. After Zaros is restored, the Measure remains in the World Guardian's possession.
Placing it at specific locations across Gielinor will spawn an elder chronicle, indicating the presence of an Elder God. Collecting one gives 50,000 Divination experience and there are four in total, adding up to 200,000 experience.
Places where the Measure can be placed to spawn an elder chronicle:
Collecting all four elder chronicles awards the achievement Measure of Old, which is a requirement for the master quest cape.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 April 2014 (Update):
- The inventory model for The Measure has been resized.
- When placed, it appears as a yellow dot on the minimap.
- When used on Seren in the Tower of Voices she will remark, "That means little to me I'm afraid."
- The Measure is quite possibly the oldest object in existence, as it predates the current cycle of the universe itself.
- No gods are known to have used the Measure to ascend or bolster their power, it has most likely never left the crater it is found in.
- ^ Mod Raven. "Campfire - Live Q&A." 17 April 2014. RuneScape Lore Discussion Forums. Mod Raven: "Mah isn't quite with it enough to be considered the creator of an Elder Artefact, so we must presume it was the previous cycle of the Elder Gods."