Ancient Summoning is an expansion to the Summoning skill that can be unlocked at level 68 Archaeology (boostable).
In order to unlock Ancient Summoning the mystery Dagon Bye must be completed, and players must sign a Pact with Dagon. Once the pact is signed, players may begin creating binding contracts, requiring 1 blue charm, a normal pouch, 2 Bloods of Orcus, 2 hellfire metals, and 200 spirit shards. These are created at a summoning obelisk.
Players can bind a monster by killing it with a binding contract in their inventory. When the monster is killed, the player will send it to the contract, creating the pouch itself. An inventory space must be available for this to occur; otherwise, the pouch will not be made at all. Each monster has its own summoning and slayer level requirement to bind it, whereby the slayer requirement is always equal to the summoning level needed to summon the pouch. Making the scrolls requires the player to visit a summoning obelisk.
Players get Summoning experience by using the familiar, not by making it. These Summoning creatures have special effects akin to the Slayer creatures that were killed to make it.
||Absorbs 20% of any damage dealt to you by taking the hit itself.
||Heals for 10% of its max health.
||Grants a 5% chance while training Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting, Divination or Archaeology to duplicate the gained resource and store it within itself. Can carry up to 20 items.
||Teleports all items stored within the familiar's inventory to your bank.
||Deals 33% of your healing done as damage to its target.
||Transfers 5% of the familiar's max health to you.
||Grants an invisible +12 Mining level boost.
||Your next mining swing will deal 50% more damage.
||The summoning familiar will automatically teleport to the target and deal damage when it teleports.
||Bind and Teleblock the target for 9.6 seconds.
||Summons a level 126 combat familiar. Grants +1% crit chance.
||Will temporarily provide the player, familiar, and nearby other players with a +5% critical strike buff for 60 seconds.
||Deal more damage to the target according to how much missing health it has.
||"Death Chop": Replicates the Ripper Demons' 'jump' attack dealing 200-320% of its max hit in damage.
|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 3 August 2020 (Update):
- An ancient familiar's special move cast now grants the correct amount of Summoning XP.
- patch 29 June 2020 (Update):
- All Ancient Familiar pouches will now convert into 20 scrolls each, up from 10.
- All Summoning XP gained per Ancient Familiar special attack cast has been halved, as you now receive twice the amount of scrolls.
- 6 April 2020 (Update):
- Players can now renew an ancient familiar's timer by sacrificing a binding contract, just as they would with a pouch for a normal summoning familiar.
- When dismissed, they use their respective monster's death animation.
- ^ Mod Sponge. Reddit. 11 Aug 2020. "so this is actually part of how binding contracts work - each familiar also has a slayer requirement to catch them, that is equal to their summoning requirement."