|Release date||14 September 2020 (Update)|
|Reset||First day of the month|
|Skills||Invention, Crafting, Runecrafting, Smithing|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Effigy Incubator is a monthly D&D which was released on 14 September 2020 taking place in a secret lab on Anachronia. To access it, players need to complete the Sins of the Father miniquest. With the assistance of Vicendithas, players can use a variety of materials to create effigies, which they can then subsequently take along on their travels to fill with knowledge.
Once filled, players can crack them open to reveal a reward depending on the type of effigy. This D&D does not provide a chance to get skilling pets in either the active or inactive node state.
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Before you can get started, you'll need to have completed Desperate Measures and have at least Level 85 in either Invention, Crafting, Runecrafting or Smithing. Then speak with Mr Mordaut on Anachronia to begin a short miniquest to unlock Effigy Incubator.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The D&D event allows a player to use the effigy incubator for 5 minutes each month. During these five minutes the effigies can be made. The event is started by pulling the lever on the incubator.
Calibrating the incubator[edit | edit source]
The calibration process can be done before starting the event. Talk to Vicendithas to set up the incubator. He will shout out which valves to turn: either yellow, orange, red or green. These valves are located near the incubator. After correctly turning three valves, the incubator is calibrated.
Gathering materials[edit | edit source]
Each effigy needs 20 materials of a certain type and an effigy casing.
- Enriched dragonflesh (Crafting) for volatile effigies
- Enriched anima nugget (Runecrafting) for erratic effigies
- Enriched scrap metal (Smithing) for explosive effigies
- Enriched nicknacks (Invention) for unstable effigies
- Effigy casing
Materials can be collected from hotspots. Gathering from these hotspots give a chance to spawn spirits which give extra materials. If you leave the area before using the enriched materials, they will be lost.
Effigy casings can be collected at the centre of the room. If you do not collect sufficient effigy casings during the alloted 5 minutes, you will not be able to collect them afterwards and thus you will NOT be able to convert your enriched materials into effigies.
Constructing effigies[edit | edit source]
Use the workbench to contruct the effigies.
- Volatile effigy (uncharged) (2.5k crafting xp)
- Erratic effigy (uncharged) (2.5k runecrafting xp)
- Explosive effigy (uncharged) (2.5k smithing xp)
- Unstable effigy (uncharged) (2.5k invention xp)
Powering effigies[edit | edit source]
Interact with the incubator to put the uncharged effigies into the incubator. It will take some time to charge them, so meanwhile one can go back to gather materials. When the effigies have been charged, they can be collected at Vicendithas.
Additional activities[edit | edit source]
Besides the five minute event, regular materials (non-enriched) can be collected. These are worth 1 incubator point each and can be spent in the reward shop at Vicendithas. On average 30 materials can be gathered per minute. Each minute the hot spots change into one of the four materials. This can be the same material as before, but the next time it will be different. Thus a hot spot will only hold 1 or 2 minutes of the same material before rotating.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Shop[edit | edit source]
A maximum of 10 effigies can be bought each month (in addition to any made during the activity) regardless of type.
Purchasing the effigy pets requires Effy to have been obtained.
Effigies[edit | edit source]
Effigy stars and lamps can only be used on the associated skills. There is a chance of an effigy lamp being upgraded to a dragonkin lamp, and effigy stars to a dragonkin star; dragonkin lamps and stars can be used on any skill.
Up to 1000 of each effigy can be stored in a Brooch of the Gods.
|Explosive effigy||Cooking, Fishing, Mining, Woodcutting||Effigy star|
|Unstable effigy||Divination, Farming, Hunter, Runecrafting||Effigy star|
|Erratic effigy||Divination, Farming, Hunter, Runecrafting||Effigy lamp|
|Volatile effigy||Cooking, Fishing, Mining, Woodcutting||Effigy lamp|
Effigies from the incubator function similarly to urns:
- First they are crafted as (uncharged) effigies
- They are then put into the incubator and make (empty) effigies, which can be stored in a Brooch of the Gods
- Gaining experience in an associated skill activates it into an in-progress effigy
- After 60,000 experience is gained, the effigy becomes (full)
- Full effigies can be cracked open to get an effigy lamp or star that can be used on one of the associated skills, with a chance of being upgraded into a dragonkin lamp or star that can be used on any skill
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Sins of the Father ( 10) – Complete this Novice miniquest.
- Cracking Open A Cold One ( 5) – Fill an effigy with knowledge then crack it open.
- Cracking Open A Four Pack ( 10) – Fill and crack open at least one of each effigy.
- Effigy Scavenger ( 10) – Hand in a total of 1000 effigy materials to Vicendithas.
- Following in the footsteps ( 20) – Find out the outcome of the research continued by Vicendithas.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 September 2020 (Update):
- You will now be given an example effigy during the Effigy Incubator tutorial so that it is less confusing when it is taken away.
- An issue that caused Effigy pets to show incorrect colours when textures were turned off has been resolved.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Hooli. JagexHooli comments on This Week In RuneScape - 14/09/20. Reddit. 14 September 2020. (Archived from the original on 17 September 2020.) Mod Hooli: "The nodes do not provide a chance to find a Skilling Pet - whether the D&D is in an active state or not."
|Distraction and Diversions locations (Lite)|