Kal'Ger the Warmonger
|Kal'Ger the Warmonger|
|Release||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|The leader and namesake of the Kal'Ger.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|107 / 71 / 35|
3 ticks (1.8s)
|NPC ID||12827, 12812, 12797, 12782, 12767, 12752|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Kal'Ger the Warmonger is the eponymous leader of the Kal'Gerion demons and a servant of Bilrach. Kal'Ger is the highest levelled Dungeoneering boss within Daemonheim, requiring 113 Dungeoneering, appears within floors 57 through 60, and features voice acting.
The Kal'gerion Notes tell of how Bilrach connected Gielinor to the demon's realm through his "portal experimentation." Upon seeing the true power of the Mahjarrat, Kal'Ger and his army pledged their allegiance to Zamorak and Bilrach. The lore story Daemonheim Asunder goes into further detail, describing the fight between the forces of Kal'Ger and Bilrach that convinced him to pledge allegiance.
The fight[edit | edit source]
All damage done to Kal'Ger is capped at 5,000.
Upon opening the door, an animation plays where one of his Kal'Gerion generals tells him that their floor set has either been infiltrated, that they have been defeated, or that their floor set stays strong. If they state that they have failed him, Kal'Ger will scream in rage and kill the demon in one hit. However, if the demon says that the floor is strong, he sends the demon away. Immediately afterwards, Kal'Ger will fly over to the player's side and begin to attack them with melee.
Kal'ger's combat weakness changes throughout the fight according to his current combat style. The "Nothing" weakness icon in his status bar will never change despite this fact.
Kal'ger is capable of draining 30 prayer points with every attack should the player activate a protection prayer.
During the fight, Kal'Ger will frequently switch weapons as his health goes down. He cannot be attacked while he is switching weapons. The order of weapons is:
- He starts unarmed.
- He picks up a primal longsword from the wall.
- He flies over the gap, picks up a celestial catalytic staff and starts using magic attacks.
- He returns to the other side and switches to a primal 2h sword.
- He flies over again and starts using a sagittarian shortbow.
- On the final phase he flies back once again and switches to a primal maul.
Players can use the warped sphere to teleport over the gap when he is using a ranged weapon. Note that the sphere will damage the player for about 1000 typeless damage every time it is used.
If a player stays on the far side as he switches to a melee weapon, he will shout "You dare hide from me? BURN!" and drag all the players into the lava pit that separates the room, regardless of what side they are on. This can deal a lot of continuous damage that can damage players even after they die and respawn in the starting room.
His ranged attack will drain the player's defence level by 1-2 per attack, so Defence potion (Dungeoneering)s are useful.
Like many bosses, Kal'ger will fly up and stomp any players who move underneath him, draining 3 defence levels and dealing typeless damage per stomp.
After he gets his primal maul, he will also copy the player's Turmoil curse if they activate it while yelling "Your god can't help you now!" when damaging them. This will increase his Attack, Strength, and Defence stats. Also, a message will appear in the chatbox stating: "The Warmonger steals your Turmoil effects!".
Kal'Ger has an active damage reductor related to armour: the more and better armour the player has, the less damage Kal'Ger will inflict, or technically, the player will "soak" damage. While he hits through protection prayers, having them active counts as having full tier 10 armour (promethium) equipped, however this runs the risk of adding to his hidden "annoyance" meter, detailed in the next paragraph.
Kal'Ger has an "annoyance" meter, which has a limit of 10. Any time the player blocks any of his attacks with a protection prayer, it will add +1 to his meter. Once this meter reaches 8, he will growl, and when it reaches 10, Kal'Ger shouts "ENOUGH!", draining a significant amount of prayer points and potentially dealing over 8000 damage. This attack, however, sometimes fails to occur after he shouts "ENOUGH!". If the player deactivates any prayers active, but has prayed before and they tank some hits, he will remove 1 from his annoyance meter.
When the player(s) defeat Kal'Ger, he will fall and cause an attack similar to the Wrath and Retribution prayer effects while shouting "IMPOSSIBLE!". He will deal damage close to the player's current life points, and thus this attack is never fatal.
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Novite 2h sword||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bathus 2h sword||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Marmaros 2h sword||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kratonite 2h sword||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Fractite 2h sword||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Zephyrium 2h sword||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Argonite 2h sword||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Katagon 2h sword (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Gorgonite 2h sword (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Promethium 2h sword (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Primal 2h sword (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kal'gerion notes (part 5)||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of the battle, a random Kal'Gerion demon is teleported into the room, where they report what is currently happening on their floor set. Below are the lines of dialogue during the fight.
- What news from your watch? (When speaking to summoned general)
- PATHETIC! (When killing To'Kash the Bloodchiller)
- YOU DARE FAIL ME? (When killing Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter)
- YOU ARE A DISGRACE! (When killing Bal'Lak the Pummeller)
- UNACCEPTABLE! (When killing Yk'Lagor the Thunderous)
- Acceptable, begone! (When dismissing To'Kash the Bloodchiller)
- Acceptable. Continue. (When dismissing Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter)
- Remain vigilant. (When dismissing Bal'Lak the Pummeller)
- Good. Continue. (When dismissing Yk'Lagor the Thunderous)
- Now it's your turn! (After killing or dismissing the summoned general, at which point the battle would begin)
- You dare hide from me? BURN! (When dragging players to the lava pit)
- Your god can't help you now! (When copying Turmoil)
- GRRRR! (After 8 attacks blocked with protection/deflection prayers)
- ENOUGH! (When disabling prayer)
- IMPOSSIBLE! (Upon being defeated)
Followers[edit | edit source]
The known generals of his army are listed below:
See also[edit | edit source]
- Kal'gerion Notes, which tell much about the Kal'Gerion race and their ranks.
- Chronicles of Bilrach, which explain that the Mahjarrat Bilrach may have summoned these demons.
- Daemonheim Asunder, which chronicles the first meeting between Kal'Ger and Bilrach.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- The correct amount of Combat XP is now given when defeating Kal'ger the Warmonger in Daemonheim.
- patch 5 December 2016 (Update):
- The Warmonger has lifted his book burning policy, making it possible to collect Kal'gerion notes part 5 on floor 60 as well as 57, 58 and 59.
- patch 15 March 2011 (Update):
- The initial cutscene will no longer be skipped in certain circumstances.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Warmonger literally means 'a person who advocates, endorses, or tries to precipitate war'. The term is also used in some areas to describe someone who sells soldiers, weapons, or other supplies that are used in battle or someone that profits from war.
- Kal'Ger was dubbed the "Toughest Dungeoneering Boss Ever™" by Jagex in the November 2010 Behind the Scenes.
- Mod Chris L is Kal'Ger's voice actor.
- It is possible to use the furnaces located in the back of the room.
- The Smuggler states that Kal'ger has the knowledge to smith primal equipment.
- A gatestone can be dropped while the player is held over the molten pit and it will remain floating in the air. It cannot be teleported to until it is picked up. The same occurs if they die while holding a gatestone.
- The weapons Kal'ger takes from the walls are non-interactive scenery, each with an examine that comments on its unnatural size.
- Primal longsword: "It's too big for a human."
- Primal 2h sword: "It's unfeasibly huge."
- Primal maul: "No one would want to be hit by that."
- Celestial catalytic staff: "Who can imagine what power that contains?"
- Sagittarian shortbow: "It could do serious damage."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Abandoned 1 & 2|
|Characters mentioned in the letters|