Yk'Lagor the Thunderous
|Yk'Lagor the Thunderous|
|Release||19 August 2010 (Update)|
|A demon used to barking orders to its warriors.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|52 / 35 / 17|
3 ticks (1.8s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Yk'Lagor the Thunderous is the final Dungeoneering boss monster encountered on the occult floors. He is found on floors 45 to 47 of Daemonheim. A Dungeoneering level of 89 is required to fight him. He is a high-ranking Kal'Gerion demon and one of Kal'Ger the Warmonger's generals.
When Bilrach used portal magic to contact the Kal'Gerions, Yk'Lagor was one of the demons who broke through the portal and fought Bilrach's forces. During the battle, he toppled and taunted a behemoth. Although the Kal'Gerions were welcomed by Bilrach after having proven his superiority to them, Yk'Lagor fell into disfavour after demanding Bilrach to bring him more troops from the Infernal realms after he himself had vastly thinned out his own troops by making them kill each other. Bilrach did not look kindly upon it and imprisoned Yk'Lagor and had his power bleed from him for almost four centuries. It is not known if this was part of his punishment, but a group of mysterious mages started to siphon the power from the subdued demon to empower themselves, however after just a few mages were killed, Yk'Lagor regained enough strength to break free from his magical bond, killing all the mages with one vicious blow before turning on those who set him free.
The fight[edit | edit source]
Unlike other bosses who are immediately ready to fight when the player enters the room, Yk'Lagor must first be freed before he can be fought. In his room, there are eight mysterious mages that are subduing Yk'Lagor with a magical barrier. After attacking four of the mages, the demon will roar "My turn!" and break free from the barrier, causing the entire dungeon to shake and the ensuing shockwave will kill the remaining mages; the shockwave does not harm the player(s) at all. Immediately afterwards, he begins the battle with his magical drag attack.
Yk'Lagor's standard melee attack involves slashing the player if the player is standing in melee-range. The demon will attack with a fire based magical attack if no players are next to him which can drain prayer points and ignores protection prayers.
Yk'Lagor has two powerful special attacks which he alternates between. As mentioned above, he uses a magical drag attack when he shouts "Come closer" and pulls the players across the room, healing 15% of his health per player dragged in. This attack will stun the player, drain their prayer points and disable any prayers they had active. The attack can be avoided by hiding behind any of the four pillars in the boss room. Use Freedom if caught.
His second special attack is an earthquake that is indicated when he shouts "This is..." before jumping into the air, followed with a scream of "TRUE POWER" when he lands and cracks the floor. This attack can deal over 12,000 typeless damage to all players who are not behind the pillars.
Gatestone teleport, Group Gatestone Teleport, and Gatestone 2 teleport can only be used if standing behind one of the pillars. Attempting to teleport from anywhere else in the room gives the message "You can't teleport here". Thus, gatestones cannot be used to evade his special attacks.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Yk'Lagor's special attacks can be avoided by running behind a pillar as soon as the text appears above his head or you hear his voice. To hide more easily from the boss's special attacks, it is recommended to use either ranged or magic.
Apart from his special attacks, Yk'Lagor will behave in a pattern depending on the players' positions. As long as one person is close to him, Yk'Lagor will use his melee attack, which is very fast and damaging.
As long as one person stands away from him, he will use his magic attack, which hits everyone in the room. You will still get hit even if you stand behind a pillar, but only if he can target a player in his range, meaning if one player is not hiding behind a pillar, all players will get hit.
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Novite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand novite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Bathus battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand bathus battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Marmaros battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand marmaros battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kratonite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand kratonite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Fractite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand fractite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Zephyrium battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand zephyrium battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Argonite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand argonite battleaxe||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Katagon battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand katagon battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Gorgonite battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand gorgonite battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Promethium battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand promethium battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Primal battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand primal battleaxe (m)||1||Random||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kal'gerion notes (part 4)||1||Common[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- ^ Only dropped on floor 45
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 February 2013 (Update):
- Yk'Lagor will now be correctly released if the mages are killed with a blood necklace.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- patch 25 August 2010 (Update):
- Removed a couple of pillars in the Yk'Lagor the Thunderous boss room.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One of the phrases the mages binding Yk'Lagor The Thunderous are chanting is "Heim crabs are awesome" backwards. (This was confirmed during the Q&A session at Runefest.)
- With the addition of this boss, this is the first time voice acting has appeared in the game aside from the tutorial.
- In Yk'Lagor's concept art, it is shown that his original title was "the Vociferous", which can be understood as a synonym for "the Thunderous" (a loud or noisy scream); he was also entitled as "Demon Prince".
- Yk'Lagor introduced a trend in which his Magical Drag attack is used by many powerful monsters, not limited to Kal'Ger the Warmonger, a variation that Nex, troll wizards, and Mother Mallum all use, and its sound effects are used in the Ancient ceremonial robes emote.
- Yk'lagor used to have another special attack in which he created an area of explosions around him (similar to the ancient curse Wrath), but for some reason this was removed.
- As shown in the video from Jagex's YouTube channel, there were 4 pillars on the northern and the southern part of the room. In the actual game, there are only 2 pillars on each side.
- Currently there is a glitch where if a player dies at the same time as Yk'Lagor's magical drag special attack is used, the player may be dragged into the boss room from the start room.
- Resonance used to work on his earthquake special attack.
- Yk'Lagor is voiced by Mod Osborne.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|
|Characters mentioned in the letters|