|Release date||8 July 2019 (Update)|
|Reset||Wednesday 00:00 UTC|
|Currency||Potent herbs (Spirit points)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Herby Werby is a weekly Distraction and Diversion located on Anachronia, involving the Herblore and Firemaking skills. The main objective is to aid some of Anachronia's Ancient Zygomites in destroying the poisoned/corrupted flora in their cavern. The creatures however are frenzied and are burning both the poisoned and healthy plants alike, so the player must help burn corrupt herbs, and/or stop the burning of healthy herbs. Participation each week is limited by a cap on points earned, however there is no time limit for earning points within each week. Progress to the points cap resets weekly at Wednesday 00:00 UTC.
Quick guide[edit | edit source]
This is a quick step-by-step guide to playing Herby Werby.
- Double Surge is recommended.
- Bladed Dive is recommended (weapons can be equipped once inside the cavern).
- Augmented enhanced Excalibur with the Mobile and Wise 4 perks.
- Botanist's Outfit is recommended (6% increase to experience gained).
- Desert Pantheon Aura for 10% experience gain.
- Premier Artefact for 10% experience gain.
- Clan Avatar experience bonus 3% - 6%.
- Advanced pulse core for experience bonus 50% and stacking 2-10%.
- Torstol incense sticks for experience bonus of .5 - 2%.
- D&D token (weekly) to get an additional game in each week.
- Ancient Seed to teleport directly to Herby Werby.
- Nimble Outfit & Agility Cape are recommended if not using an Ancient Seed for the trip to the minigame.
- Flame Gloves & Ring of Fire are recommended if training Firemaking.
|1||Teleport to Herby Werby using an ancient seed (costs 50 Potent Herb points), or follow the map to get to the entrance of Herby Werby. |
(Go clockwise around the Anachronia Agility Course and get off the course after crossing over the spine.
The last obstacle requires an Agility level of 70, to avoid it you can walk in from the south around a ruined wall.)
|2||Climb down the Tree roots to enter the minigame.
Weapons can be equipped once inside the cavern to allow the used of Bladed Dive.
|3||Click on the Zygomites carrying healthy herbs (green particles). |
Run, use Surge, or use Bladed Dive to navigate the arena whenever they appear.
|4||Zygomites carrying corrupt herbs (purple particles) can be clicked on to drop the herb for no points, forcing them to reset their plant target.|
They can also be ignored and allow to reach the fire to burn the corrupt herbs.
|5||For Firemaking XP, you can click on the corrupt herbs (purple coloured) and then burn them at the fireplace.
Burning corrupt herbs will cause you to lose out on additional Herblore experience that would have been gained by clicking on zygomites with healthy herbs.
|6||Ignore the healthy herbs (green coloured) as burning them will incur a 30-second penalty that reduces the points gained.|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
To start, you need to climb down some vines through a small opening located north-east of the island of Anachronia without any weapons equipped. The ancient Zygomite elder can be found nearby.
The gameplay involves gathering corrupt herbs (purple) and depositing them into the centre bonfire, while knocking away ancient herbs (green) from the zygomites who are carrying them. Picking the healthy herbs from the green spawns and burning them should be avoided, as this incurs a 30-second penalty that reduces the points gained. Experience received per point is not affected. If this happens, exiting and re-entering the area will clear the timer.
Please be aware that by depositing corrupt herbs into the fire, you will be losing out on additional Herblore experience that would have been gained from only knocking away ancient herbs from the zygomites.
There are seven zygomites inside the minigame (Allen, Ghost, Price, Roach, Shepherd, Snoop, and Soap). They will each carry a herb from one of the eleven herb plant spawns at the edge of the area, returning to the fire at the centre to burn it. Zygomites carrying herbs will emit particles: green if they are carrying healthy herbs, or purple if they are carrying corrupt herbs. Clicking on a zygomite carrying a herb will cause its herb to be taken and temporarily scare the zygomite. There is no limit on the number of clicks on the zygomites.
Herb spawns will switch around every 24 seconds. If an ancient herb is accidentally picked, it can be dropped by unequipping it within the equipment tab. There is no time limit to completing this activity, and players can leave to finish later.
This is one of the few distractions and diversions permitting experience boosting items and perks, as well as consuming bonus experience.
Points and experience[edit | edit source]
Burning an ancient herb (green) will incur a 30-second penalty that halves the amount of points gained. Successfully burning a corrupt herb (purple) will grant Firemaking and Herblore experience, as well as 1–4 points.
Taking an ancient herb (green) from a zygomite will grant Herblore experience, as well as 1–4 points. The Herblore experience is based on how many points were received, meaning that one will receive four times the amount of Herblore experience when one receives four points, as compared to when one receives one point. The experience gained is always equal to one point. i.e. If you would gain 1482 experience for one point, you will gain 2964 for two points, 4446 for three points, and 5928 for four points.
A maximum of 100 points can be earned weekly which can be spent on rewards from the ancient Zygomite elder. The final action grants experience according to the amount that would have been gained if the cap wasn't in place. You only gain one point from 99, but may gain up to four times the experience.
The activity can be reset with a D&D token (weekly) to earn an additional 100 points. Spirit points are maxed out at 2,000 - there is no warning and any further gains will be lost.
At certain Herblore milestones the experience will be increased.
- 85 Herblore: Herby Werby 150% Experience.
- 95 Herblore: Herby Werby 200% Experience.
- 105 Herblore: Herby Werby 250% Experience.
- 115 Herblore: Herby Werby 300% Experience.
Table of experience from taking herbs per point
Table of experience from burning herbs per point
Strategy[edit | edit source]
For maximum Herblore experience:
- Stop zygomites with ancient herbs (green) and DO NOT burn corrupted herbs (purple).
- If there are zygomites running with corrupt herbs (purple), taking their herbs will cause them to retrieve a new herb quicker. Still, ancient herbs should always be prioritized.
For maximum Firemaking experience:
- Only burn corrupt herbs.
- To earn the maximum experience in Herblore, avoid burning corrupt herbs.
- Utilise Surge and Bladed Dive (you can equip weapons once you enter) to get around the arena quicker.
- Zygomites move quite slowly and players can click on multiple zygomites to take their herbs.
- There is no penalty for letting zygomites burn ancient or corrupted herbs.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
|Small Herblore lamp||100||Gain experience in herblore.[sic]|
|Small Firemaking lamp||100||Gain experience in firemaking.[sic]|
|Ancient seed||50||An ancient seed which when planted transports you back to the Ancient Zygomites.|
|Herb bag||200||A bag that holds grimy herbs.|
|Totem of the Abyss top||200||A piece of a totem.|
|Totem of Crystal base||200||A piece of a totem.|
|Sasha||300||Unlocks Sasha, the spirit pet.|
Unlocks[edit | edit source]
|Herb bag upgrade||200||Increase the storage of the herb bag.|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Spud That ( 5) – Use a potato on the ancient Zygomite elder.
- Stacks on Stacks ( 5) – Complete the ritual to activate a totem on Anachronia.
- Bag of Herbs ( 10) – Purchase the herb bag and the herb bag upgrade from the Herby Werby reward shop.
- Jurassic Perk ( 30) – Discover all the totem pieces on Anachronia.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- An Ancient Seed has been added to the Herby Werby Reward Shop. When planted using the Inventory option, the Ancient Seed will teleport you to Herby Werby on Anachronia.
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- The Herby Werby D&D can no longer reset twice on the weekly reset trigger.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The zygomites inside the minigame (Allen, Ghost, Price, Roach, Shepherd, Snoop, and Soap) are respectively named after characters from the Call of Duty series of video games, primarily the games created by Infinity Ward.
- The zygomite Snoop is a possible reference to the American rapper Snoop Dogg, who has voiced a Call of Duty announcer pack.
- The activity name may be a reference to the video game Herdy Gerdy.
References[edit | edit source]