|Release date||8 July 2019 (Update)|
|Reset||Wednesday 00:00 UTC|
|Currency||Potent herbs (Spirit points)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Herby Werby is a weekly Distraction and Diversion, with no time limit and guaranteed ability to earn 100/100 points weekly. The main objective is to aid some of Anachronia's Ancient Zygomites in destroying the poisoned/corrupted flora in their cavern. The creatures however are frenzied and are burning both the poisoned and healthy plants alike, so the player must help burn corrupt herbs, and/or stop the burning of healthy herbs. Herblore and Firemaking experience are available.
How to get there[edit | edit source]
The fastest way to get to Herby Werby is through the use of an ancient seed. Otherwise players can go clockwise around the Anachronia Agility Course and get off the course after crossing over the spine. The last obstacle requires an agility level of 80, so it might be required to step off earlier and walk in from the south, around a ruined wall.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
To start, you need to climb down some vines through a small opening located north-east of the island of Anachronia. The ancient Zygomite elder can also be found nearby.
The idea is to gather corrupt herbs around the side of the area from the purple herb spawns and deposit them into the centre bonfire, while taking ancient herbs away from the zygomites who are carrying them. Picking the healthy herbs from the green spawns should be avoided since burning these incurs a 30-second penalty that halves all the points gained.
Players are required to have both hands free to begin this activity, however they are not required to have any empty inventory slots to play it. Only picking herbs puts an item into your hands. Taking herbs from zygomites doesn't give an item.
There are seven zygomites inside the minigame (Allen, Ghost, Price, Roach, Shepherd, Snoop, and Soap). They will reach a random one of the eleven herb spawns at the edge of the area and take a herb, returning to the fire at the centre to burn it. Zygomites carrying herbs will emit particles: green if they are carrying healthy herbs, or purple if they are carrying corrupt herbs. Clicking on a zygomite carrying a herb will cause its herb to be taken and temporarily scare the zygomite. There is no limit on the number of clicks on the zygomites.
Players can take corrupt or ancient herbs by clicking on any of the corrupt or healthy herb spawns, respectively, and burn it at the fire at the centre. Unlike taking herbs from zygomites, players can only take one herb at a time. However, players can take any number of herbs from zygomites regardless of if a herb is held.
Herb spawns will switch around every 24 seconds. If an ancient herb is accidentally picked, it can be dropped by unequipping it within the equipment tab.
There is no time limit to completing this activity, and players can leave to finish later.
Points and experience[edit | edit source]
Burning an ancient herb will incur a 30-second penalty that halves the amount of points gained. Successfully burning a corrupt herb will grant Firemaking and Herblore experience, as well as 1–4 points.
Taking an ancient herb from a zygomite will grant Herblore experience, as well as 1–4 points. The Herblore experience is based on how many points were received. Meaning that one will receive four times the amount of Herblore experience when one receives four points, as compared to when one receives one point.
Burning ancient herbs provides no experience, so it only results in a waste of time. Taking a corrupted herb yields no experience, but can be done to make the zygomite pick another herb quicker after a short pause.
A maximum of 100 points can be earned weekly which can be spent on rewards from the ancient Zygomite elder. The final action grants experience according to the amount that would have been gained if the cap wasn't in place; you only gain one point from 99, but may gain up to four times the experience. The activity can be reset with a D&D token (weekly) to earn an additional 100 points. Spirit points are maxed out at 2,000 - there is no warning and any further gains will be lost.
At certain herblore milestones the experience will be increased.
- 85 Herblore: Herby Werby 150% Experience.
- 95 Herblore: Herby Werby 200% Experience.
- 105 Herblore: Herby Werby 250% Experience.
- 115 Herblore: Herby Werby 300% Experience.
This is one of the very few distractions and diversions to be able to be experience boostable by bonus xp, double xp and other boosts.
Table of experience from taking herbs per point
Table of experience from burning herbs per point
Strategy[edit | edit source]
For efficient points accumulation:
- Try to minimise the movement to gain points. It is recommended to mix both herb-burning and herb-snatching.
- Ignore zygomites carrying corrupt herbs, and those heading towards them.
- Alternatively, taking corrupted herbs from zygomites will cause them to retrieve a new herb, however you should only prioritise nearby ones so as not to waste time.
For maximum Firemaking experience:
- Only burn corrupt herbs
For maximum Herblore experience:
- Only stop zygomites with ancient herbs
- If there are only zygomites holding corrupt herbs, taking their herbs will cause them to retrieve a new herb quicker. Still, ancient herbs are highly prioritized.
- Utilise Surge and/or Bladed Dive (you can equip weapons once you enter) to get around the area quicker. Wearing armour with the Mobile perk will help use them more often.
- You can only view the herb you are holding on equipment screen. It is recommended to keep this screen open throughout the activity, except when you need to switch to a weapon for Bladed Dive, or aim for maximum Herblore experience.
- Zygomites move quite slowly and players can click on multiple zygomites to take their herbs.
- There is no penalty for letting any zygomites burn ancient herbs, nor for stopping zygomites with corrupt herbs.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
|Small Herblore lamp||100||Gain experience in herblore.[sic]|
|Small Firemaking lamp||100||Gain experience in firemaking.[sic]|
|Ancient seed||50||An ancient seed which when planted transports you back to the Ancient Zygomites.|
|Herb bag||200||A bag that holds grimy herbs.|
|Totem of the Abyss top||200||A piece of a totem.|
|Totem of Crystal base||200||A piece of a totem.|
|Sasha||300||Unlocks Sasha, the spirit pet.|
Unlocks[edit | edit source]
|Herb bag upgrade||200||Increase the storage of the herb bag.|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Spud That ( 5) – Use a potato on the ancient Zygomite elder.
- Stacks on Stacks ( 5) – Complete the ritual to activate a totem on Anachronia.
- Bag of Herbs ( 10) – Purchase the herb bag and the herb bag upgrade from the Herby Werby reward shop.
- Jurassic Perk ( 30) – Discover all the totem pieces on Anachronia.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- An Ancient Seed has been added to the Herby Werby Reward Shop. When planted using the Inventory option, the Ancient Seed will teleport you to Herby Werby on Anachronia.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The zygomites inside the minigame (Allen, Ghost, Price, Roach, Shepherd, Snoop, and Soap) are respectively named after characters from the Call of Duty series of video games, primarily the games created by Infinity Ward.
- The zygomite Snoop is a possible reference to the American rapper Snoop Dogg, who has voiced a Call of Duty announcer pack.
- The activity name may be a reference to the video game Herdy Gerdy.
References[edit | edit source]