|Release date||8 July 2019 (Update)|
|Reset||Wednesday 00:00 UTC|
|Currency||Potent herbs (Spirit points)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
|This repeatable content has a hard reset.|
|The next period's content will become available immediately, regardless of whether a player has logged out.|
Herby Werby is a weekly Distraction and Diversion located on Anachronia, involving the Herblore and Firemaking skills. The main objective is to aid some of the ancient Zygomites in destroying the corrupted flora in their cavern. However, in their frenzy to burn the corrupted herbs in the ritual fire they are burning the healthy herbs as well. Therefore the player must stop the burning of healthy herbs and/or help burn corrupt herbs. It might be less confusing for players new to this activity initially to simply stop the healthy herbs from being burned.
Participation each week is limited by a cap on points earned; however, there is no time limit for earning points within each week. Progress to the points cap resets weekly at Wednesday 00:00 UTC.
Quick guide[edit | edit source]
This is a quick step-by-step guide to playing Herby Werby.
Useful items[edit | edit source]
- Double Surge and Bladed Dive are recommended (weapons can be equipped once inside the cavern).
- Augmented enhanced Excalibur with Mobile and Wise 4 perks.
- Botanist's outfit is recommended (6% increase to Herblore experience gained).
- Flame gloves and Ring of fire are recommended if training Firemaking.
- Desert pantheon aura for 10% increased experience gain.
- Premier artefact for 10% increased experience gain.
- Clan avatar experience bonus (between 3% – 6%).
- Bonus experience will be consumed while doing this activity.
- Advanced pulse core can be used for an experience boost.
- Cinder core effects will work to consume bonus experience faster.
- Torstol incense sticks for base experience boost of between 0.5% – 2%.
- Distraction & Diversion reset token (weekly) to complete an additional game each week.
- Ancient seed can be used to teleport directly to Herby Werby.
- Nimble outfit and Agility cape are recommended if not using an ancient seed for the trip to the minigame.
Steps[edit | edit source]
|1||Teleport to Herby Werby using an ancient seed (costs 50 potent herbs), or follow the map to get to the entrance of Herby Werby.|
If you don't have level 70 Agility, walk north instead of crossing the bones, then east a little, then south under the bones, then east a little, then north to the Tree roots.
|2||Climb down the Tree roots to enter the activity. |
Weapons can be equipped once inside the cavern to allow the use of Bladed Dive.
|3||Click on the Zygomites carrying healthy herbs (green particles) to gain Herblore XP. |
Run, use Surge, or use Bladed Dive to navigate the arena whenever they appear.
|4||Zygomites carrying corrupt herbs (purple particles) can be clicked on to drop the herb for no points, forcing them to reset their plant target. |
They can also be ignored and allowed to reach the fire to burn the corrupt herbs.
|5||For Firemaking XP, the player can gather the corrupt herbs (purple) and then burn them in the ritual fire. |
Burning corrupt herbs will cause the player to lose out on additional Herblore experience that would have been gained by clicking on zygomites with healthy herbs.
|6||Ignore the healthy herbs (green) as burning them will incur a 30-second penalty that reduces the number of points gained.|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
To start, the player needs to enter a cave located in the north-east portion of the island of Anachronia. Climbing down the vines requires the players hands to be free, therefore no weapons can be equipped as the player goes down into the small opening. Outside, nearby the entrance is the ancient Zygomite elder. Reward points from participating in the game can be exchanged with the elder.
Inside the cave there are seven zygomites (named: Allen, Ghost, Price, Roach, Shepherd, Snoop, and Soap) participating in the minigame. They will each carry a herb from one of the eleven herb plant spawns at the edge of the area to the fire at the centre to burn them, then returning to pick more herbs. All zygomites carrying herbs emit particles: green if they are carrying healthy herbs, purple if they are carrying corrupt herbs. Clicking on a zygomite carrying a herb will cause its herb to be taken as well as also temporarily scaring the zygomite.
The gameplay involves preventing the zygomites that are carrying the ancient herbs (green) from depositing them into the ritual fire in the centre while permitting the zygomites gathering corrupt herbs (purple) to deposit them into the ritual fire in the centre.
There is no time limit to completing this activity and players can leave to finish later.
Penalties[edit | edit source]
If a zygomite carrying an ancient herb (green) is successful in depositing its herb into the fire a 30-second penalty that reduces the points gained is incurred, however experience received per point is not affected. Exiting and re-entering the area will clear this 30 second penalty timer.
Herb spawn locations[edit | edit source]
Herb spawn locations are around the edge of the arena and they will change approximately every 24 seconds. If the player accidentally picks an ancient herb from around the edge of the arena the ancient herb can be dropped by from within the equipment tab by unequipping it.
Because depositing corrupt herbs into the fire causes the player to lose out on additional Herblore experience that would have been gained by knocking away ancient herbs from the zygomites it is recommended to simply focus on preventing the ancient (green) herbs from being deposited into the fire.
This is one of the few distractions and diversions permitting experience-boosting items and perks, as well as consuming bonus experience.
Points and experience[edit | edit source]
If a zygomite is successful in carrying an ancient herb (green) to the fire then a 30-second penalty that halves the amount of points gained will be incurred. However, if a zygomite is successful in carrying and burning a corrupt herb (purple) this will grant the player Firemaking and Herblore experience as well as 1–4 points.
Taking an ancient herb (green) from a zygomite will grant Herblore experience, as well as 1–4 points. The Herblore experience is based on how many points were received, meaning that one will receive four times the amount of Herblore experience when one receives four points, as compared to when one receives one point.
A maximum of 100 points can be earned weekly which can be spent on rewards from the ancient Zygomite elder. The final action grants experience according to the amount that would have been gained if the cap wasn't in place.
The activity can be reset with a Distraction & Diversion reset token (weekly) to earn an additional 100 points. Spirit points are maxed out at 2,000 - there is no warning, and any further gains will be lost.
At certain Herblore levels the experience is increased:
- 85 Herblore: 150% experience.
- 95 Herblore: 200% experience.
- 105 Herblore: 250% experience.
- 115 Herblore: 300% experience.
Table of experience from taking herbs per point
Table of experience from burning herbs per point
Strategy[edit | edit source]
For maximum Herblore experience:
- Stop zygomites with ancient herbs (green) and do not burn corrupt herbs (purple).
- If there are zygomites running with corrupt herbs (purple), taking their herbs will cause them to retrieve a new herb quicker. Still, ancient herbs should always be prioritised.
For maximum Firemaking experience:
- Only pick and burn corrupt herbs.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
|Small Herblore lamp||100||Gain experience in herblore.[sic]|
|Small Firemaking lamp||100||Gain experience in firemaking.[sic]|
|Ancient seed||50||An ancient seed which when planted transports you back to the Ancient Zygomites.|
|Herb bag||200||A bag that holds grimy herbs.|
|Totem of the Abyss top||200||A piece of a totem.|
|Totem of Crystal base||200||A piece of a totem.|
|Sasha||300||Unlocks Sasha, the spirit pet.|
Unlocks[edit | edit source]
|Herb bag upgrade||200||Increase the storage of the herb bag.|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Spud That ( 5) – Use a potato on the ancient Zygomite elder.
- Stacks on Stacks ( 5) – Complete the ritual to activate a totem on Anachronia.
- Bag of Herbs ( 10) – Purchase the herb bag and the herb bag upgrade from the Herby Werby reward shop.
- Jurassic Perk ( 30) – Discover all the totem pieces on Anachronia.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- An Ancient Seed has been added to the Herby Werby Reward Shop. When planted using the Inventory option, the Ancient Seed will teleport you to Herby Werby on Anachronia.
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- The Herby Werby D&D can no longer reset twice on the weekly reset trigger.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The zygomites inside the minigame (Allen, Ghost, Price, Roach, Shepherd, Snoop, and Soap) are respectively named after characters from the Call of Duty series of video games, primarily the games created by Infinity Ward.
- The zygomite Snoop is a possible reference to the American rapper Snoop Dogg, who has voiced a Call of Duty announcer pack.
- The activity name may be a reference to the video game Herdy Gerdy.
- At the start of encounter, zygomites may yell "Praise the ball of light!". This is possible reference to "Praise the sun!" from Dark Souls franchise.
References[edit | edit source]