|Release date||13 August 2018 (Update)|
|Main music||Unknown Edit|
|Strongest monster||Black Stone Dragon (level 2500)|
|Cannon allowed||Not allowed inside the dungeon|
|Connected quests||Curse of the Black Stone|
|Inhabitants||Various, see article|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Dragonkin Laboratory is the second Elite Dungeon, a 1-3 player combat/narrative experience that rewards unique loot and Dungeoneering experience and tokens, located in the Deep Wilderness Castle Ruins. Players must use the grouping system in order to attempt a raid in a team of 2-3.
Unlike its predecessor, the Dragonkin Laboratory is contained in one map. In addition to this, many of the monsters inside can be killed for slayer assignments. Souls can be collected from the slayer creatures while in both story and normal modes.
After Seiryu the Azure Serpent was freed from a corrupting influence, Bryll Thoksdottir heard of an underground laboratory where torturous experiments were conducted. She requests the aid of adventurers to help explore the laboratory, having erected a safe zone in the surrounding area. It was extensively used by the Dactyl Dragonkin in their attempts to find a cure to the Stone's curse, but it was soon abandoned after an experiment went terribly wrong.
The Dragonkin Laboratory consists of three bosses: Astellarn, Verak Lith and the Black Stone Dragon. The Dragon Slayer perk, along with Dragonbane ammunition will work on all dragons including the bosses themselves.
Similar to Temple of Aminishi, there are 3 lore books; the Dragonkin research, Diary of an Overzealous Gnome and Redacted Dragonkin Research. The dragonkin research is filled by finding 22 notes scattered throughout the dungeon, while the diary and redacted research books are obtained from killing Astellarn and Verak Lith respectively.
Rewards from the dungeon include: Codices unlocking greater versions of melee abilities Fury, Flurry, and Barge. Draconic energy, which is used to upgrade tectonic armour from tier 90 to tier 92, much like how ancient scales upgrade sirenic armour from tier 90 to tier 92.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Use the boss portal in War's Retreat.
- Use the boss portal in the Max Guild (requires 99 in every skill).
- Use a Dragonkin Laboratory teleport, which can be purchased from the dungeon's reward shop, or the Elite Dungeon Reward Shop in Daemonheim.
- Walk east of the Demonic Ruins to the peninsula north of Daemonheim (requires travelling through the Wilderness).
- Use the Ring of kinship to teleport to Daemonheim, and then run east to the chest. Use the teleport on the chest and select Dragonkin (requires completion of Impressing the Locals).
- Use the teleport on the chest outside the Shadow Reef or the Temple of Aminishi (requires completion of Impressing the Locals).
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Mobs[edit | edit source]
Red dragon, level 84
Black dragon, level 100
Celestial dragon, level 114
Dragonstone dragon, level 111
Onyx dragon, level 114
Hydrix dragon, level 118
Animated book, level 90
Laboratory slime, level 90
Lava spider, level 90
Lava strykewyrm, level 101
Magma golem, level 140
Minibosses[edit | edit source]
Deathbreath, level 121
Dragon wolf alpha, level 107
Elegorn the Celestial, level 114
Alanogard the Black, level 117
Sangri the Red, level 131
Emberbound Soul, level 114
Engorged lava strykewyrm, level 113
Firebelly, level 113
Giant slime, level 106
Shul the Molten, level 140
Smoulders, level 129
Spyndra, level 107
Verak Little, level 107
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Players have a higher chance to receive rare drops if they are holding a Lucky charm (Dragonkin Laboratory). A lucky charm is consumed every time it grants a rare drop.
- If the Elite dungeon chest is enabled, all drops will automatically be stored in the chest. If it is disabled, players have a chance of doubling drops.
- If players unlock the Elite dungeon chest upgrade, the chest will store all drops and allow all drops to have a chance of being doubled, including rare boss drops.
Rare drops[edit | edit source]
The monsters inside the dungeon drop a variety of items, with the unique items being:
|Laboratory relics||Can be low, high alched or disassembled.||N/A||All monsters|
|Dragonfire ash||Can be disassembled for 3 dragonfire components||N/A||All monsters|
|Perfect gemstone scales||Can be disassembled for 4 precious components||N/A||All gemstone dragons|
|Onyx dust||Can be transmuted into an uncut onyx||31,513||All monsters|
|Draconic energy||Can be used to create elite tectonic armour||148,775||All monsters|
|Greater Flurry ability codex||Unlocks the Greater Flurry ability||77,103,169||Astellarn|
|Greater Fury ability codex||Unlocks the Greater Fury ability||184,870,162||Verak Lith|
|Greater Barge ability codex||Unlocks the Greater Barge ability||343,068,644||Black stone dragon|
|Diary of an Overzealous Gnome||Lore book required for the Dragonkin Swag feat||N/A||Astellarn|
|Redacted Dragonkin Research||Lore book required for the Dragonkin Swag feat||N/A||Verak Lith|
|Inert black stone crystal||Pet item that unlocks Bisdi||N/A||Black stone dragon|
Common drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Onyx dust (m)||10–15||11/50[a 1]||315,130-472,695||108,000-162,000|
|Onyx dust (m)||1–5||43/100[a 1]||31,513-157,565||10,800-54,000|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite) (m)||1||Varies[a 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Draconic visage||1||11/200[a 1]||1,189,475||450,000|
|Dragonfire ash (m)||1||Unknown[a 1]||25,000||25,000|
|Glaiven wing-tip (m)||1||1/33[a 1]||1,645,375||30,000|
|Draconic energy (m)||1||1/200[a 1]||148,775||6,000|
|Mysterious egg (item) (m)||1||Very rare[a 2]||0||Not alchemisable|
|Lucky dragonkin coin (m)||1||1/50000[a 1]||10,627,595||Not alchemisable|
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Mod Sova. Drop Rates - Elite Dungeon II. 1 October 2018. 1/10 if Lucky Drop table hit, chance of hitting table differs; see above.*
- ^ RuneScape. mysterious perk :o. 21 July 2020. "Mod Orion: 'If you have the Mysterious perk on your equipment and you go into the dungeon, it's like 500x more common. So, enjoy your free pet.'" Significantly more likely to drop when the player has the Mysterious perk on one of their equipped items.*
If the above table is not rolled, a reward from the following table is given:
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Laboratory relic (common) (m)||1||Common||4,999||4,999|
|Laboratory relic (uncommon) (m)||1||Uncommon||25,000||25,000|
|Laboratory relic (rare) (m)||1||Very rare||1,000,000||1,000,000|
|Starved ancient effigy (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Prayer potion (1)||1||Uncommon||1,696||45|
|Weapon poison++ (1) (m)||1||Uncommon||7,532||86|
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- Astral Conflict
- Blackstone Scales
- The Fire Burns
- Kerapac's Curse
- Latent Menace
- A Malice Unleashed
- Mantle Depths
- Regal Tremors
- The Shackled Aberration
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Some achievements can be done in both story mode and normal mode, some only in normal mode.
There are 57 achievements in this elite dungeon (showing 57).
|A Quest for Understanding||Yes||Defeat Astellarn while at least two pulsars are still active.||20|
|We Will Fight in the Shade||Yes||Defeat Astellarn, with your entire group having taken less than 10,000 total damage from her solar storm throughout the fight.||10|
|Astellarn||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial. (X/1)||0|
|Besting the Celestial I||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial. (X/5)||5|
|Besting the Celestial II||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial. (X/10)||5|
|Besting the Celestial III||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial. (X/25)||5|
|Besting the Celestial IV||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial. (X/50)||5|
|Besting the Celestial V||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial. (X/75)||5|
|Besting the Celestial VI||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial. (X/100)||5|
|Besting the Celestial Solo Kills I||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial while not in a group. (X/5)||5|
|Besting the Celestial Solo Kills II||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial while not in a group. (X/10)||5|
|Besting the Celestial Solo Kills III||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial while not in a group. (X/25)||5|
|Besting the Celestial Solo Kills IV||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial while not in a group. (X/50)||5|
|Besting the Celestial Solo Kills V||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial while not in a group. (X/75)||5|
|Besting the Celestial Solo Kills VI||Yes||Defeat Astellarn the First Celestial while not in a group. (X/100)||5|
|Four in Hand||Yes||Defeat all 4 black hands, within 10 seconds after defeating the first, during the Black Stone Dragon fight.||10|
|Get Back, Hand!||Yes||Use Forceful Backhand against a black hand during the Black Stone Dragon fight.||5|
|Not a Moth||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon without taking damage from any shadow flames.||20|
|Shadow Wave||Yes||Wave goodbye to a black hand.||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon I||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon. (X/5)||5|
|Black Stone Dragon||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon. (X/1)||0|
|Whack Stone Dragon II||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon. (X/10)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon III||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon. (X/25)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon IV||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon. (X/50)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon V||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon. (X/75)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon VI||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon. (X/100)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon Solo Kills I||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon while not in a group. (X/5)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon Solo Kills II||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon while not in a group. (X/10)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon Solo Kills III||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon while not in a group. (X/25)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon Solo Kills IV||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon while not in a group. (X/50)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon Solo Kills V||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon while not in a group. (X/75)||5|
|Whack Stone Dragon Solo Kills VI||Yes||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon while not in a group. (X/100)||5|
|Elite Dungeons and Dragons||Yes||Defeat every miniboss inside the Dragonkin Laboratory.||20|
|Dragonkin Laboratory||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements.||50|
|You Won't Like Me When I'm Sangri||Yes||Kill Sangri the Red while under the effect of Berserk.||10|
|Smoulders and Skully||Yes||Kill Smoulders while wearing the demonic skull.||10|
|Psychedelic Relics||Yes||Disassemble 5 rare relics from elite dungeons. (X/5)||10|
|Chill Out, Bro!||Yes||Hit at least 4 magma golems at the same time with Tsunami.||10|
|Spiderlogical Warfare||Yes||Defeat Spyndra with one of Araxxi's legs, eyes, fang or web in your inventory.||10|
|Elder Souls||Yes||Defeat the Emberbound Soul while having the chronicle absorption curse active.||10|
|Ebony and Irony||Yes||Heal yourself using Resonance against Alanogard the Black while wielding a black dragonhide shield.||10|
|Goopy Bloop Boop||Yes||Knockback a Laboratory Slime.||5|
|Broodmother||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith without anyone dispersing their damage into a pile of eggs.||30|
|Dragonhide Infanticide||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith while ensuring every ricocheted attack is absorbed and dispersed into a pile of eggs.||20|
|Verak Lith||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith. (X/1)||0|
|Superiority Complex I||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith. (X/5)||5|
|Superiority Complex II||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith. (X/10)||5|
|Superiority Complex III||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith. (X/25)||5|
|Superiority Complex IV||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith. (X/50)||5|
|Superiority Complex V||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith. (X/75)||5|
|Superiority Complex VI||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith. (X/100)||5|
|Superiority Complex Solo Kills I||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith while not in a group. (X/5)||5|
|Superiority Complex Solo Kills II||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith while not in a group. (X/10)||5|
|Superiority Complex Solo Kills III||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith while not in a group. (X/25)||5|
|Superiority Complex Solo Kills IV||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith while not in a group. (X/50)||5|
|Superiority Complex Solo Kills V||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith while not in a group. (X/75)||5|
|Superiority Complex Solo Kills VI||Yes||Defeat Verak Lith while not in a group. (X/100)||5|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 3 August 2020 (Update):
- The Black Hands of Xau-Tak's defence has been slightly reduced during the encounter with the Black Stone Dragon in the Dragon Laboratory Elite Dungeon.
- The height of the overhead enemy NPC target panel has been adjusted for the black hands of Xau-Tak, as well as several minibosses, in the Dragonkin Laboratory.
- Fire from the Blackstone Dragon fight in Elite Dungeon 3 no longer damages you once the encounter has concluded.
- Adding Elite Dungeon lore pages to a partially complete lore book no longer creates a new lore book in your backpack if you already have one in the Bank.
- Edward, the wilderness cape seller outside of Dragonkin Laboratory, now allows you to Bank while in combat.
- Mopped up some blood in Astellarn's arena that could cause issues with targeted abilities such as Bladed Dive, and changed the blood in the Black Stone Dragon's arena into inactive scenery.
- Players can no longer attack the boss from outside of the boss arena. Instead, players will now teleport inside the boss arena after the boss is activated.
- Starting a boss fight will also teleport all players within the boss area to its centre.
- Combat dummies can now no longer be placed inside Astellarn's arena in the Dragonkin Laboratory.
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the red dragons in Elite Dungeons 2 were able to attack through barriers under certain circumstances.
- patch 17 February 2020 (Update):
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Ironmen can now complete slayer tasks within the Dragonkin Laboratory
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):
- hotfix 30 November 2018 (Update):
- Drop rates of codices in the Dragonkin Laboratory have been improved.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Elite Dungeon 2 music tracks now unlock more consistently when playing in group mode.
- patch 20 August 2018 (Update):
- Prevented a crash that occurred when the Black Stone Dragon was defeated in group mode, but the group wasn't aligned to the Dragonkin Laboratory.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the 25 February 2019 game update, successful completion of the Temple of Aminishi Elite Dungeon was required to gain access to the Dragonkin Laboratory.
- The Dragonkin Laboratory is the only Elite Dungeon in which all of its contents are contained in one map, along with its banner screen showing two bosses; Astellarn and the dungeon's final boss, the black stone dragon.
References[edit | edit source]
|Elite Dungeon Reward Shop|