|Release date||13 August 2018 (Update)|
|Main music||Unknown Edit|
|Strongest monster||Black Stone Dragon (level 2500)|
|Cannon allowed||Not allowed inside the dungeon|
|Connected quests||Curse of the Black Stone|
|Inhabitants||Various, see article|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Dragonkin Laboratory is the second Elite Dungeon, a 1-3 player combat/narrative experience that rewards unique loot and Dungeoneering experience and tokens, located in the Deep Wilderness Castle Ruins. The grouping system is required in order to attempt a raid in a team of 2-3.
Unlike its predecessor, the Dragonkin Laboratory is contained in one map. In addition to this, many of the monsters inside can be killed for slayer assignments. Souls can be collected from the slayer creatures while in both story and normal modes.
After Seiryu the Azure Serpent was freed from a corrupting influence, Bryll Thoksdottir heard of an underground laboratory where torturous experiments were conducted. She requests the aid of adventurers to help explore the laboratory, having erected a safe zone in the surrounding area. It was extensively used by the Dactyl Dragonkin in their attempts to find a cure to the Stone's curse, but it was soon abandoned after an experiment went terribly wrong.
The Dragonkin Laboratory consists of three bosses: Astellarn, Verak Lith and the Black Stone Dragon. The Dragon Slayer perk, along with Dragonbane ammunition will work on all dragons including the bosses themselves.
Similar to Temple of Aminishi, there are 3 lore books; the Dragonkin research, Diary of an Overzealous Gnome and Redacted Dragonkin Research. The dragonkin research is filled by finding 22 notes scattered throughout the dungeon, while the diary and redacted research books are obtained from killing Astellarn and Verak Lith respectively.
Rewards from the dungeon include: Codices unlocking greater versions of melee abilities Fury, Flurry, and Barge. Draconic energy, which is used to upgrade tectonic armour from tier 90 to tier 92, much like how ancient scales upgrade sirenic armour from tier 90 to tier 92.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Use the boss portal in War's Retreat.
- Use the boss portal in the Max Guild (requires 99 in every skill).
- Use a Dragonkin Laboratory teleport, which can be purchased from the dungeon's reward shop, or the Elite Dungeon Reward Shop in Daemonheim.
- Walk east of the Demonic Ruins to the peninsula north of Daemonheim (requires travelling through the Wilderness).
- Use the Shadow Reef portal within War's Retreat to teleport to the boat. Use the teleport on the chest and select Dragonkin.
- Use the Ring of kinship to teleport to Daemonheim, and then run east to the chest. Use the teleport on the chest and select Dragonkin.
- Use the teleport on the chest outside the Shadow Reef or the Temple of Aminishi (requires completion of Impressing the Locals).
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Mobs[edit | edit source]
Red dragon, level 84
Black dragon, level 100
Celestial dragon, level 114
Dragonstone dragon, level 111
Onyx dragon, level 114
Hydrix dragon, level 118
Animated book, level 90
Laboratory slime, level 90
Lava spider, level 90
Lava strykewyrm, level 101
Magma golem, level 140
Minibosses[edit | edit source]
Deathbreath, level 121
Dragon wolf alpha, level 107
Elegorn the Celestial, level 114
Alanogard the Black, level 117
Sangri the Red, level 131
Emberbound Soul, level 114
Engorged lava strykewyrm, level 113
Firebelly, level 113
Giant slime, level 106
Shul the Molten, level 140
Smoulders, level 129
Spyndra, level 107
Verak Little, level 107
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Players have a higher chance to receive rare drops if they are holding a Lucky charm (Dragonkin Laboratory). A lucky charm is consumed every time it grants a rare drop.
- If the Elite dungeon chest is enabled, all drops will automatically be stored in the chest. If it is disabled, players have a chance of doubling drops.
- If players unlock the Elite dungeon chest upgrade, the chest will store all drops and allow all drops to have a chance of being doubled, including rare boss drops.
Rare drops[edit | edit source]
The monsters inside the dungeon drop a variety of items, with the unique items being:
|Laboratory relics||Can be low, high alched or disassembled.||N/A||All monsters|
|Dragonfire ash||Can be disassembled for 3 dragonfire components||N/A||All monsters|
|Perfect gemstone scales||Can be disassembled for 4 precious components||N/A||All gemstone dragons|
|Onyx dust||Can be transmuted into an uncut onyx||21,570||All monsters|
|Draconic energy||Can be used to create elite tectonic armour||296,830||All monsters|
|Greater Flurry ability codex||Unlocks the Greater Flurry ability||39,065,520||Astellarn|
|Greater Fury ability codex||Unlocks the Greater Fury ability||106,561,666||Verak Lith|
|Greater Barge ability codex||Unlocks the Greater Barge ability||205,835,339||Black stone dragon|
|Diary of an Overzealous Gnome||Lore book required for the Dragonkin Swag feat||N/A||Astellarn|
|Redacted Dragonkin Research||Lore book required for the Dragonkin Swag feat||N/A||Verak Lith|
|Inert black stone crystal||Pet item that unlocks Bisdi||N/A||Black stone dragon|
Common drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Onyx dust (m)||10–15||11/50)[a 1]||215,700-323,550||108,000-162,000|
|Onyx dust (m)||1–5||43/100[a 1]||21,570-107,850||10,800-54,000|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite) (m)||1||Varies[a 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Draconic visage||1||11/200[a 1]||1,183,965||450,000|
|Dragonfire ash (m)||1||Unknown[a 1]||25,000||25,000|
|Glaiven wing-tip (m)||1||1/33[a 1]||3,772,518||30,000|
|Draconic energy (m)||1||1/200[a 1]||296,830||6,000|
|Mysterious egg (item) (m)||1||Very rare[a 2]||0||Not alchemisable|
|Lucky dragonkin coin (m)||1||1/50000[a 1]||11,317,508||Not alchemisable|
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Mod Sova. Drop Rates - Elite Dungeon II. 1 October 2018. 1/10 if Lucky Drop table hit, chance of hitting table differs; see above.*
- ^ RuneScape. mysterious perk :o. 21 July 2020. "Mod Orion: 'If you have the Mysterious perk on your equipment and you go into the dungeon, it's like 500x more common. So, enjoy your free pet.'" Significantly more likely to drop when the player has the Mysterious perk on one of their equipped items.
If the above table is not rolled, a reward from the following table is given:
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Laboratory relic (common) (m)||1||Common||4,999||4,999|
|Laboratory relic (uncommon) (m)||1||Uncommon||25,000||25,000|
|Laboratory relic (rare) (m)||1||Very rare||1,000,000||1,000,000|
|Starved ancient effigy (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Prayer potion (1)||1||Uncommon||828||45|
|Weapon poison++ (1) (m)||1||Uncommon||7,242||86|
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- Astral Conflict
- Blackstone Scales
- The Fire Burns
- Kerapac's Curse
- Latent Menace
- A Malice Unleashed
- Mantle Depths
- Regal Tremors
- The Shackled Aberration
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Some achievements can be done in both story mode and normal mode, some only in normal mode.
There are 20 achievements in this elite dungeon (showing 20).
|22||Elite Dungeons and Dragons||Defeat every miniboss inside the Dragonkin Laboratory.||20|
|3||Dragonkin Laboratory||Complete all of the listed achievements.||50|
|24||Tactless Analysis||Collect all 22 pages of dragonkin research in the Dragonkin Laboratory. (X/22)||20|
|25||We Will Fight in the Shade||Defeat Astellarn, with your entire group having taken less than 10,000 total damage from her solar storm throughout the fight.||10|
|27||Broodmother||Defeat Verak Lith without anyone dispersing their damage into a pile of eggs.||30|
|29||Get Back, Hand!||Use Forceful Backhand against a black hand during the Black Stone Dragon fight.||5|
|30||Shadow Wave||Wave goodbye to a black hand.||5|
|32||Four in Hand||Defeat all 4 black hands, within 10 seconds after defeating the first, during the Black Stone Dragon fight.||10|
|34||You Won't Like Me When I'm Sangri||Kill Sangri the Red while under the effect of Berserk.||10|
|35||Smoulders and Skully||Kill Smoulders while wearing the demonic skull.||10|
|36||Psychedelic Relics||Disassemble 5 rare relics from elite dungeons. (X/5)||10|
|37||Chill Out, Bro!||Hit at least 4 magma golems at the same time with Tsunami.||10|
|38||Spiderlogical Warfare||Defeat Spyndra with one of Araxxi's legs, eyes, fang or web in your inventory.||10|
|39||Elder Souls||Defeat the Emberbound Soul while having the chronicle absorption curse active.||10|
|40||Ebony and Irony||Heal yourself using Resonance against Alanogard the Black while wielding a black dragonhide shield.||10|
|26||A Quest for Understanding||Defeat Astellarn while at least two pulsars are still active.||20|
|28||Dragonhide Infanticide||Defeat Verak Lith while ensuring every ricocheted attack is absorbed and dispersed into a pile of eggs.||20|
|31||Not a Moth||Defeat the Black Stone Dragon without taking damage from any shadow flames.||20|
|23||Dragon Ink||Collect the following lore books from bosses inside the Dragonkin Laboratory.||20|
|33||Goopy Bloop Boop||Knockback a Laboratory Slime.||5|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the red dragons in Elite Dungeons 2 were able to attack through barriers under certain circumstances.
- patch 17 February 2020 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the 25 February 2019 game update, successful completion of the Temple of Aminishi Elite Dungeon was required to gain access to the Dragonkin Laboratory.
- The Dragonkin Laboratory is the only Elite Dungeon in which all of its contents are contained in one map, along with its banner screen showing two bosses; Astellarn and the dungeon's final boss, the black stone dragon.
References[edit | edit source]
|Elite Dungeon Reward Shop|