Archaeology journal is a journal for the Archaeology skill. It is provided to you during the tutorial.
Each section of the journal has listings, pulldown menus, or tabs representing the various cultures and dig sites.
- Armadylean - Stormguard Citadel
- Bandosian - Warforge
- Dragonkin - Orthen
- Saradominist - Everlight
- Zamorakian - Infernal
- Zarosian - Kharid-et and Senntisten
It also provides an unlimited number of teleports to the Archaeology Guild, which is the third-fastest teleport to a bank in free-to-play, roughly tied with ring of kinship. Running to the bank north of the Mysterious monolith is marginally faster than the one in the Exam Centre. Archaeology journal also has the slight advantage of being equipped in less valuable (in f2p) pocket slot, freeing the ring slot for other useful rings like explorer's ring 4. War's Retreat Teleport is the fastest, but requires Combat level 60 and 10 boss kills to unlock. Clan vexillum is second fastest, but it requires being in a clan and is equipped in the weapon slot.
It is possible to put the journal on your action bar and bind a key to it. Since the teleport option is the first option on the journal, pressing the key will activate it without delay. This teleport can be used to escape from combat, however, like most other teleports, it only works in the Wilderness up to level 20.
It can also be used to access the Material Storage (view only), Archaeology Restoration Log and Collector Information interfaces by selecting the "information" option.
If lost, it can be reclaimed upstairs in the Archaeology Guild, on the east desk. The desk has a "Study Desk" option, but you must click directly on the red journal at the centre of the desk and click the "Take Journal" option. Multiple Archaeology journals can be obtained.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 18 May 2020 (Update):
- The missing images in the Archaeology journal have been added for Armadylean, Zamorakian and Saradominist collections.
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- The Archaeology Journal has been updated with painted pictures of artefacts.
- patch 20 April 2020 (Update):
- The contents of your Material Storage are viewable from the Archaeology journal via the 'Information' option.
- This item's model and icon are identical to the Mysterious book, which was later also used for the Scrapbook.
- The Archaeology Restoration Log caps out after 1000 of an artefact have been restored.