'Accidental' Fletching and Firemaking
Prehistoric Potterington's 'Accidental' Fletching and Firemaking training is a high-level training method for Fletching and Firemaking, located on Anachronia, next to the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm. It serves as the method of creating elder god anima-imbued dinarrows. All activities require completion of Extinction quest.
Activities[edit | edit source]
The training is broken down into four activities:
- Zygomite Carestyling, where zygomite 'hair' is styled with level 82 Fletching or Firemaking
- Seggregation, where Bograda Rex eggs are sorted with level 87 Firemaking
- Eggsperimentation, where the Bograda Rex hatchlings are fed for manure with level 95 Firemaking (Boostable)
- Fletching, where the rewards of the above 3 activities are combined into arrows with level 95 Fletching
Zygomite Carestyling[edit | edit source]
Style the zygomites' 'hair' to earn Firemaking or Fletching experience and 6-7 tempered fungal shafts. This requires level 82 Firemaking or 82 Fletching.
The right-click 'configure' action can be used to set whether to earn just Fletching experience, just Firemaking experience, or alternate between them. All methods award the same tempered shafts.
Players are awarded 249.6 Firemaking xp per action, or 196.1 Fletching xp per action.
While carestyling, players have a chance to find an Unchecked zygomite. When this happens, players receive the following message:
Using a Crystal knife provides 5% chance of getting double shafts and does not degrade when carestyling.
Seggregation[edit | edit source]
Players must first collect eggs from the pile of dinosaur eggs. Good eggs should be taken to the fast incubator to the west of the egg pile, while bad eggs should go to the fast compost bin on the coast to the south. Both of these award 6-7 sharp shell shards and Firemaking experience. This requires level 87 Firemaking.
Each egg collected grants 1 Farming experience, while each egg deposited grants 276.4 Firemaking experience.
While training, players have a chance to find an unchecked Dinosaur egg, producing the message:
Extremely rarely a Strange Egg may be randomly obtained from the pile.
Eggsperimentation[edit | edit source]
Use the magical tree on the coast near Ben to teleport to mainland Anachronia coast. Collect some baby dinosaurs from the nearby storm barn. Head to the nearby feeding troughs to feed the baby dinosaurs; they will then crave another food type. After eating 3 meals, the dinosaur will head back to the barn, leaving some Potterington Blend #102 Fertiliser. This is ignited to turn it into 18-23 dinosaur 'propellant' and 1,057 Firemaking experience. Feeding the dinosaurs grants 1 Farming experience each. This requires level 95 Firemaking.
Fletching[edit | edit source]
After participating in the three activities - or buying the components - they can be combined into arrows, with level 95 Fletching.
Dinarrows can be used as-is as tier 95 arrows, or can be imbued with resonant anima to give them passive effects, consuming 3 anima per arrow.
Alternative uses[edit | edit source]
The three components have alternative uses:
- 5 tempered fungal shafts can be spun on a spinning wheel to make fungal bowstring, a stackable version of bowstring.
- Sharp shell shards can be ignited for Firemaking experience.
- 750 dinosaur 'propellant' can be put in a regular compost bin to make 15 buckets of ultracompost.
List of items[edit | edit source]
|Tempered fungal shaft||Used to make headless dinarrows, or spun into fungal bowstring||292|
|Dinosaur 'propellant'||Used to make headless dinarrows, or ultracompost||902|
|Headless dinarrow||Used to make dinarrows||1,339|
|Sharp shell shard||Used to make dinarrows, or Firemaking XP||764|
|Dinarrow||Tier 95 arrows||2,161|
|Bik arrow||Tier 95 arrows. All attacks add a stack of Evolving Toxin (up to 200), increasing poison damage received by 2% per stack. All stacks removed after 30 seconds without a Bik arrow being used. All attacks consume an arrow.||3,095|
|Ful arrow||Tier 95 arrows. All attacks do +15% damage with -10% accuracy. All attacks consume an arrow.||2,668|
|Wen arrow||Tier 95 arrows. All basic abilities add a stack of Icy Chill (up to 15; all stacks removed after 30 seconds without a Wen arrow being used). Threshold and ultimate abilities convert all Icy Chill stacks into Icy Precision stacks, lasting 1 tick per stack consumed. Icy Precision increases the damage and accuracy of threshold abilities by 2% per stack, and the base damage and accuracy of ultimate abilities by 3% per stack. All attacks consume an arrow.||2,146|
|Jas dragonbane arrow||Tier 95 arrows. While fighting dragons, all attacks have +20% hit chance and deal +30% damage. All attacks consume an arrow.||2,812|
|Jas demonbane arrow||Tier 95 arrows. While fighting demons, all attacks have +20% hit chance and deal +30% damage. All attacks consume an arrow.||2,191|
Other items[edit | edit source]
|Feed from the troughs until full, making Potterington Blend #102 Fertiliser|
|Potterington Blend #102 Fertiliser||Ignite to make dinosaur 'propellant'|
|Good egg||Place into fast incubator for sharp shell shards|
|Bad egg||Place into fast compost bin for sharp shell shards|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
There are 11 achievements in this group.
|2||A Hatching Pair||Yes||After Extinction quest, ask Prehistoric Potterington at the Anachronia dinosaur farm about zygomites.||5|
|1||Bill & Ben's Egg/Salon Joint Venture||Yes||After Extinction quest, 'eggs'plore Prehistoric Potterington's (sunny)-side-(up) hustle.||0|
|7||Can I Offer You An Egg In This Trying Time?||Yes||Find an unchecked egg in the pile of dinosaur eggs south of Anachronia dinosaur farm.||10|
|4||Egg McGuffin||Yes||Help Ben the ancient zygomite near the mystical tree south of the Anachronia dinosaur farm.||5|
|6||Fibbin' Archery Sequence||Yes||Help Salusan the ilujanka near the mystical tree on the west coast of Anachronia.||5|
|5||Mycomanagement||Yes||Help Bill the ancient zygomite near the mystical tree on the west coast of Anachronia.||5|
|8||Mycotherapy||Yes||Find an unchecked zygomite while carestyling south of Anachronia dinosaur farm.||10|
|9||Needles from the Skips||Yes||Show an elder god arrow to Prehistoric Potterington.||0|
|3||Off to See the Lizard||Yes||Help Galgalar the ilujanka near the incubator south of the Anachronia dinosaur farm.||5|
|11||Potting Is Such Sweet Sorrow||Yes||Help Bill (near the mystical tree on the west coast of Anachronia) realise his 'pot'ential.||5|
|10||The Plop Thickens||Yes||Use Potterington Blend #102 Fertiliser or dinosaur 'propellant' on Prehistoric Potterington.||5|
Credits[edit | edit source]
|'Accidental' Fletching and Firemaking|
|Art & Graphics|
|Characters||Mod Dragon, Mod Ante|
|Lead QA||Mod Chaose|
|Production & Product||Mod Jack, Mod Kalaya, Mod Katie, Mod Stacey|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 May 2022 (Update):
- Repositioned the clickzone for Bill's mystical tree over its treetop rather than its stump, to solve an issue where it got in the way when selecting troughs for dinonomnoms.
- The crystal knife (5% chance to double shafts when Fletching) now applies and does not degrade when carestyling zygomites.
- Fletching animation overrides now override the carestyling animation when Fletching, or otherwise holds a crystal knife if one is equipped.
- Changed the token XP when feeding baby dinos from troughs back from Agility to Farming, in response to further player feedbac
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The message displayed when finding an unchecked dinosaur egg from the pile of dinosaur eggs is a reference to The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, a spaghetti Western movie from 1966.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Stu. This Week In RuneScape: 'Accidental' Fletching & Firemaking Training!. Reddit. 3 May 2022. (Archived from the original on 3 May 2022.)