|Released||17 January 2005 (Update)|
|See map section|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Brimhaven Dungeon is an area of Dragonkin ruins located south-west of Brimhaven on the member's portion of the island of Karamja. The dungeon is often visited for its large variety of monsters, and for elite clue scroll scans which tell the player to scan the dungeon.
In order to access the dungeon, players must pay 875 coins to Saniboch who guards the entrance to the dungeon. Saniboch will let players enter free of charge if the player has completed the Hard Karamja achievements.
Dungeon info[edit | edit source]
|Requirements||Payment of 875 coins to enter|
|Databox • Talk page|
History[edit | edit source]
While most of the dungeon's history is either lost or unknown, two Dactyl Dragonkin, Kerapac and Forcae would form what would eventually become the present-day Brimhaven Dungeon. The experiments performed in the dungeon resulted in the creation of metal dragons. The two Dactyl eventually got into a dispute over which dragon branch would be superior; Forcae argued that metallic dragons would be their solution, while Kerapac thought otherwise. Kerapac eventually left Forcae to move on his own experiments.
Forcae, intending to continue his project, stole several eggs from Kerapac and created the first few adamant dragons. While working, he would eventually be found by the Necrosyrtes, forcing him to abandon the laboratory and the other adamant dragons inside.
The dungeon would eventually fall into disrepair and many monsters began moving in along with the original draconic inhabitants. Vines covered many of the passageways and could only be cut down by relatively skilled woodcutters.
Sometime during the Fifth Age, the Wise Old Man presumably explored the dungeon when very few dared to do. After exploring the dungeon, he met one of the Karamjan families and told them to construct a hut around the entrance and charge anyone who wanted to enter. Saniboch, a descendant of this family, continues the tradition of charging anyone who wishes to enter the dungeon.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Once inside, players need any hatchet to hack their way through hanging vines at various points in the dungeon. A hatchet on the tool belt will work. Players may grab a bronze hatchet from the table of the pirate pub to the east of the entrance. They can also be purchased at the general store to the south of the dungeon. Some, but not all, vines require 10, 27 and 34 woodcutting to cut through.
There are also stepping stones in the dungeon that require level 12 Agility to pass.
Many areas are infested with aggressive level 35 wild dogs. They have poor drops (just bones and rarely charms) and will pile low-levelled players. They are very rarely slain, except for obtaining bones for Bones to Bananas or Bones to Peaches. They are non-aggressive to players with a combat level of 75 or higher. Since most players that enter the dungeon have sufficient combat experience to make them non-aggressive, they are very rarely considered dangerous.
The Adamant dragon dungeon can be accessed by the room that connects the large moss/fire giant room to the black demons.
Location[edit | edit source]
The dungeon is located a short distance north-west of the Karamja lodestone. There are also other ways to get there, which are generally obsolete since the introduction of the lodestone:
- It be reached by sailing from East Ardougne to Brimhaven, for a fee of 30 coins, 15 with Karamja gloves 1 or for free with the ring of charos.
- Another sea route can be taken from Port Sarim to Musa Point, for the same price. However, it is a much longer walk to the dungeon entrance from Musa Point than from Brimhaven.
- Alternatively, you can charter a ship to get to Brimhaven (e.g. the Port Sarim-Brimhaven charter ship ride costs 1600 coins).
Teleportation is also practical:
- If a player has a Dungeoneering level of at least 99 and have purchased the Dungeoneering cape, players can use the cape's perk to teleport to the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon after having accessed it first through other means.
- House Teleport if the player-owned house is on Karamja or a Brimhaven tablet if the player has completed Love Story.
- Teleport to the Karamja lodestone, which is located directly south-east of the dungeon.
- Spirit tree if the player can plant a spirit tree behind the Brimhaven Agility Arena.
- Amulet of glory to Karamja, then run west then south.
- Fairy ring CKR and then north to the dungeon.
- Use of Tai Bwo Wannai Teleport scrolls, a reward from any difficulty of Clue Scrolls.
The nearest bank, although the quest Shilo Village and 10 extra coins are required, is Shilo Village Bank by using Hajedy's cart. However, one would normally teleport to a bank and return via the lodestone.
Map[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Wild dog, level 35
Moss giant, level 51
Fire giant, level 85
Greater demon, level 82
Black demon, level 98
Baby red dragon, level 47
Red dragon, level 84
Bronze dragon, level 86
Iron dragon, level 98
Steel dragon, level 100
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Karamja achievements[edit | edit source]
Several achievements in the Karamja achievements set involve Brimhaven Dungeon:
- Can Opener ( 15) – Kill a metal dragon in Brimhaven Dungeon.
As noted above, the Karamja gloves 3, a reward from the Hard achievements, give free access to the dungeon. In addition, the Karamja gloves 4, a reward from the Elite achievements, give access to a one-way shortcut to the red dragons, and allow the wearer to deal double damage to wild dogs in the dungeon. The shortcut is in the room to the south, after passing the first roots. You will need to be wearing the gloves in order to jump down the hole.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a typo on the Adamant Dragon entrance barrier within Brimhaven Dungeon.
- patch 3 July 2017 (Update):
- A shortcut icon has been added to an Agility shortcut in Brimhaven dungeon.
- ninja 26 June 2017 (Update):
- There is now less chat when paying Saniboch to enter the Brimhaven dungeon.
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- A spot near adamant dragons in Brimhaven Dungeon that could be deleted by fires has been fixed.
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- A map icon has been added for the level 34 Agility shortcut in Brimhaven Dungeon.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Failing the stepping stone agility obstacle in the Brimhaven Dungeon no longer references non-existent lava.
- patch 9 October 2012 (Update):
- Four more dungeons have been updated. Battle your way through the following dens of villainy and drink in their breathtaking new graphics and sound.
- patch 5 July 2011 (Update):
- Some flickering on the edges of the cliffs in the Brimhaven dungeon has been fixed.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Changed some mapping in the Brimhaven Dungeon so monster drops don't appear under the floor in Low Detail.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- Some of the stairs in Brimhaven Dungeon had broken and the temporary fix has now been replaced with some working stairs.
- update 17 January 2005 (Update):
- Added to game.
- We have added a new dungeon under Karamja. It is packed with heaps of new combat training areas, including moss giants, fire giants, greater demons, black demons and red dragons, as well as a number of new enemies to pit yourself against.
- To venture deeper into the dungeon there are some small woodcutting and agility level requirements. Head west from Brimhaven and speak to Saniboch. He will charge you 875 coins to gain entrance to the dungeon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The dungeon was graphically updated with several other dungeons such as the Chaos Tunnels. The graphical update made it look much more dragonkin-like. Before this update, Brimhaven Dungeon looked like a typical underground dungeon. Some noticeable updates were the metallic dragon rooms, the stepping stones (now over a chasm instead of lava), the removal of skeletons, and the large removal of lava in most areas.
- With the graphical update, there was room between the fire giants and black demons that held a spiral staircase leading downwards, though it was locked by a grate. The grate was opened following the release of adamant dragons.
- The dungeon contains much more varieties of dragons than any other dungeon, with 6 different species (including within dungeons found inside).
- The dungeon houses the most types of metallic dragons, ranging from bronze to adamant (including within dungeons found inside).
References[edit | edit source]
|Cities, towns and settlements|
|Points of interest|