|Release date||17 January 2005 (Update)|
|Main music||7th Realm|
|Strongest monster||Steel dragon (level 100)|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||Allowed|
|Quests taking place here||No|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Brimhaven Dungeon is an area of Dragonkin ruins located south-west of Brimhaven on the member's portion of the island of Karamja. The dungeon is the third largest on Gielinor, surpassed only by the God Wars Dungeon and the Chaos Tunnels. The dungeon is visited often for its large variety of monsters, and for elite clue scroll scans which tell the player to scan the dungeon.
Entrance fee[edit | edit source]
To enter the dungeon, players must pay Saniboch, who is outside the entrance, 875 coins each time they wish to enter the dungeon. Players with Karamja gloves 3, earned from the Karamja achievements, can enter for free even if the gloves are in your bank.
The cost of entering the dungeon can often be easily recouped from the drops of the many powerful monsters in the dungeon, including demons, giants, and dragons. The dungeon is a popular destination for players seeking to fight greater demons, black demons, red dragons, or metal dragons.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Once inside, players need any hatchet (other than a blessed hatchet) to hack their way through hanging vines at various points in the dungeon. A hatchet on the tool belt will work. Players may grab a bronze hatchet from the table of the pirate pub to the east of the entrance. They can also be purchased at the general store to the south of the dungeon. Some, but not all, vines require 10, 27 and 34 woodcutting to cut through.
There are also stepping stones in the dungeon that require level 12 Agility to pass. If you fail (which is quite rare), you will lose a small amount of health.
There is a level 80 Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon containing steel dragons, iron dragons, mithril dragons (with the completion of all Daemonheim achievements), anvils, and a hammer. It is popular for those wishing to turn bars into alchables or stackable items.
If a player has a Dungeoneering level of at least 99 and have purchased the Dungeoneering cape, players can use the cape's perk to teleport to the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon after having accessed it first through other means.
Many areas are infested with aggressive level 35 wild dogs. They have poor drops (just bones and rarely charms) and will pile low-levelled players. They are very rarely slain, except for obtaining bones for Bones to Bananas or Bones to Peaches. They are non-aggressive to players with a combat level of 75 or higher. Since most players that enter the dungeon have sufficient combat experience to make them non-aggressive, they are very rarely considered dangerous.
The Adamant dragon dungeon can be accessed by the room that connects the large moss/fire giant room to the black demons.
Location[edit | edit source]
The dungeon is located a short distance north-west of the Karamja lodestone. There are also other ways to get there, which are generally obsolete since the introduction of the lodestone:
- It be reached by sailing from East Ardougne to Brimhaven, for a fee of 30 coins, 15 with Karamja gloves 1 or for free with the ring of charos.
- Another sea route can be taken from Port Sarim to Musa Point, for the same price. However, it is a much longer walk to the dungeon entrance from Musa Point than from Brimhaven.
- Alternatively, you can charter a ship to get to Brimhaven (e.g. the Port Sarim-Brimhaven charter ship ride costs 1600 coins).
Teleportation is also practical:
- House Teleport if the player-owned house is on Karamja or a Brimhaven tablet if the player has completed Love Story.
- Teleport to the Karamja lodestone, which is located directly south-east of the dungeon.
- Spirit tree if the player can plant a spirit tree behind the Brimhaven Agility Arena.
- Amulet of glory to Karamja, then run west then south.
- Fairy ring CKR and then north to the dungeon.
- Use of Tai Bwo Wannai Teleport scrolls, a reward from any difficulty of Clue Scrolls.
The nearest bank, although the quest Shilo Village and 10 extra coins are required, is Shilo Village Bank by using Hajedy's cart. However, one would normally teleport to a bank and return via the lodestone.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Wild dogs, level 35
Moss giants, level 51
Fire giants, level 85
Greater demons, level 82
Black demons, level 98
Baby red dragons, level 47
Red dragons, level 84
Bronze dragons, level 86
Iron dragons, level 98
Steel dragons, level 100
Personalities[edit | edit source]
- Saniboch - The guard to the entrance of this dungeon. Players must pay him 875 coins to enter if they have not received the Karamja gloves 3 or 4 from the Karamja achievements.
Karamja achievements[edit | edit source]
Several achievements in the Karamja achievements set involve Brimhaven Dungeon:
- Medium achievements:
- Chop the vines to gain deeper access to Brimhaven Dungeon.
- Cross the chasm using the stepping stones in Brimhaven Dungeon.
- Climb the stairs within Brimhaven Dungeon.
- Hard achievements:
As noted above, the Karamja gloves 3, a reward from the Hard achievements, give free access to the dungeon. In addition, the Karamja gloves 4, a reward from the Elite achievements, give access to a shortcut to the red dragons, and allow the wearer to deal double damage to wild dogs in the dungeon. The shortcut is in the room to the south, after passing the first roots. You will need to be wearing the gloves in order to jump down the hole.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Wise Old Man travelled to Karamja and ventured into Brimhaven Dungeon, which few people at the time dared to enter. Afterwards, he advised the locals to charge any adventurer who wished to enter the dungeon, which is why Saniboch charges a fee of 875 coins for any player to enter.
- In the room before the bronze dragons, there is a spiral staircase leading down. It was covered by a grate and inaccessible until the release of adamant dragons.
- The dungeon was graphically updated with several other dungeons such as the Chaos Tunnels. The graphical update made it look much more dragonkin-like. Before this update, Brimhaven Dungeon looked like a typical underground dungeon. Some noticeable updates were the metallic dragon rooms, the stepping stones (now over a chasm instead of lava), the removal of skeletons, and the large removal of lava in most areas.
- The dungeon contains much more varieties of dragons than any other dungeon, with 6 different species (including within dungeons found inside).
- The dungeon houses the most types of metallic dragons, ranging from bronze to adamant (including within dungeons found inside).